Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 09-28-2020, 07:52 AM   #10321
conorg
Human being with feelings

OK well thanks for looking into it. I appreciate that this is going to be impossible to debug if the issue can't be reproduced by anybody else! I might have to just dive into the source code and see if I can make any sense of it, quite a steep learning curve though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Sorry chap, but thats not what I get here. After I reload the project, I have to re-select the track with the synth on it but after doing that it relinks fine.
conorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:33 AM   #10322
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorg View Post
OK well thanks for looking into it. I appreciate that this is going to be impossible to debug if the issue can't be reproduced by anybody else! I might have to just dive into the source code and see if I can make any sense of it, quite a steep learning curve though.
I'd be inclined to start from scratch, delete all your CSI files, use the build in Geoff's signature and build an absolutely minimal CSI system with only the iPad .ost and .zon and the Lokomotiv FX.zon.

CSI can produce unpredictable results when there are even tiny errors in setup files. For instance, I never did find out why the Noise control in Locomotiv didn't work, but when I rebuilt the zone using a generic .ost I'd been working on, all the controls worked fine.

Incidentally, I see what you mean about the WiFi vs USB cable latency. Shame OSC won't go down a cable without a jailbreak. I looked into the direct WiFi connection. It can be done but Apple have removed the password protection for it (thanks Apple) so it can't be secured.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:47 AM   #10323
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Good call right back at ya'

So it will be:

CSI Toggle Show Input from Surfaces
CSI Toggle Show Output to Surfaces
CSI Toggle Show Params when FX inserted
CSI Toggle Write Params to /CSI/Zones/ZoneRawFXFiles when FX inserted
Hi, I know i'm late but I wanted to ask, does the write params toggle, will that allow MixMonkey's old C4 FX excel template will work again?
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #10324
kevrose

Quote:
Jubbly Some plugins that have parameters that are stepped, like the Ratio and Release here, won't respond to Encoder input (as opposed to Fader7Bit input) from CSI. As the C4 is all Encoders, it's better to feed the plugin discrete values aka 'stepped parameters' Check out the Wiki for what all the numbers and brackets mean.

Other plugins work fine with either.

It can be be a challenge sometimes to get the values right. Sometimes when the values are wrong, the push will step through them but the rotary won't. Also, notice how the push will cycle round and round but the Rotary stops at the ends.
Thanks, really appreciated. Could you point me in the right direction for the syntax for the scaling? I can't find it in the wiki. (I can only get the push toggles to do the extremes of the options, not the ones in between).

EDIT: I see this page (https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...wiki/Fader7Bit) but don't understand how to set the parameters for the toggling...

Last edited by kevrose; 09-28-2020 at 01:06 PM.
kevrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:19 PM   #10325
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Hi, I know i'm late but I wanted to ask, does the write params toggle, will that allow MixMonkey's old C4 FX excel template will work again?
No, the format is different and more user friendly, but unfortunately doesn't match the older one.

When Geoff releases the new CSI i'll take a look at the configurator and see if it can be updated to include all the new features (acceleration etc) and also use the new RawFX data.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #10326
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrose View Post
Thanks, really appreciated. Could you point me in the right direction for the syntax for the scaling?
Sure, here: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/.../wiki/Encoders

Quote:
I can only get the push toggles to do the extremes of the options, not the ones in between.
Don't put Toggle+ before RotaryPush
Old 09-28-2020, 02:22 PM   #10327
kevrose

Quote:
Sure, here: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/.../wiki/Encoders

Don't put Toggle+ before RotaryPush
Ah, so simple! Getting used to it all now.

Just checked and I bought the C4 on eBay six years ago. Was tempted to sell it many times as it was just sitting there doing nothing, but really glad I hung onto it. Just about to order three more replacement displays for the C4 which will mean all my Mackie control surface displays can be seen clearly from my viewing angle. Things are coming together...

CSI rocks!
Old 09-28-2020, 03:22 PM   #10328
MixMonkey

Quote:
Ah, so simple! Getting used to it all now.
Glad you got it sorted. With things like acceleration, you can find the values you're comfortable with and then cut'n'paste them into every fx zone you create.
Quote:
Just checked and I bought the C4 on eBay six years ago. Was tempted to sell it many times as it was just sitting there doing nothing, but really glad I hung onto it.
Very wise There's nothing else like it out there (nor, I would say, is there ever likely to be) It's very nice to be able to move from track to track and have the track's FXMenu and sends appear on the bottom two rows of the C4, with each FX slot's parameters one button push away.

Quote:
Just about to order three more replacement displays for the C4 which will mean all my Mackie control surface displays can be seen clearly from my viewing angle.
Are you replacing the EL backlights or going for the Lux Music LED backlit displays?
Old 09-28-2020, 11:47 PM   #10329
tdc

Default EuCon Crashing

Hi Geoff,

Have been trying to get Reaper and CSI with EuCon running again today and unfortunately am only getting crashes.

I have tried all the latest versions and combinations from April till now, but the same behaviour. I have replaced the CSI folder each time to rule out anything there.

CSI will load ok. I can add an EuCon entry into CSI Ok ,but as soon as I add a EuCon surface (following CSI in the list ) using the native reaper panel I get a crash.

Here are the logs, same each time.
Code:
Thread 0 Crashed:: reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000011181f8b7 Page::Run() + 119
1   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x00000001117f2648 Manager::Run() + 88
2   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x00000001117f25e6 CSurfIntegrator::Run() + 38
3   com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000101858713 CSurf_Run() + 755
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:48 PM   #10330
kevrose

Quote:
Glad you got it sorted. With things like acceleration, you can find the values you're comfortable with and then cut'n'paste them into every fx zone you create.
Yes, I think I'm there already cutting and pasting one of your set of values

Quote:
Very wise There's nothing else like it out there (nor, I would say, is there ever likely to be) It's very nice to be able to move from track to track and have the track's FXMenu and sends appear on the bottom two rows of the C4, with each FX slot's parameters one button push away.
It really is great and totally going to change how I work. I do have a Console 1 as well, so I've been able to tweak certain plugins using a surface, but this takes things to another level. (I'm leaving Console 1 using the stock Softube plugin for the time being).

Quote:
Are you replacing the EL backlights or going for the Lux Music LED backlit displays?
The Luxmuzik ones - I'd already done the MCU and XTs beforehand, but left the C4 until last as it wasn't really being used

Right, time to map some more plugins...
Old 09-29-2020, 05:08 AM   #10331
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Hi Geoff,

Have been trying to get Reaper and CSI with EuCon running again today and unfortunately am only getting crashes.

I have tried all the latest versions and combinations from April till now, but the same behaviour. I have replaced the CSI folder each time to rule out anything there.

CSI will load ok. I can add an EuCon entry into CSI Ok ,but as soon as I add a EuCon surface (following CSI in the list ) using the native reaper panel I get a crash.

Here are the logs, same each time.
Code:
Thread 0 Crashed:: reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000011181f8b7 Page::Run() + 119
1   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x00000001117f2648 Manager::Run() + 88
2   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x00000001117f25e6 CSurfIntegrator::Run() + 38
3   com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000101858713 CSurf_Run() + 755
What OS are you on ?

You likely did this, but just in case, did you match EuCon and CSI dylib versions ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:28 AM   #10332
MixMonkey

Quote:
The Luxmuzik ones - I'd already done the MCU and XTs beforehand, but left the C4 until last as it wasn't really being used
Did Stephen (LuxMuzik) explain the complexities of replacing the lower 3 C4 displays. It's quite a bit more involved than the top one. Forwarned is forarmed and all that

Regarding the C4 and CSI, are you using the stock C4.mst from the download?. I mention it because i've just noticed it doesn't have the acceleration values defined.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:58 AM   #10333
tdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
What OS are you on ?

You likely did this, but just in case, did you match EuCon and CSI dylib versions ?
Studio Mac is latest Mojave, not Catalina. It’s the same OS and EuCon setup that was running back in May when I last dived into EuCon CSI.

Yes, I was trying to keep your software versions the same, using the downloaded dates from the stash,
Old 09-29-2020, 07:04 AM   #10334
kevrose

Quote:
Did Stephen (LuxMuzik) explain the complexities of replacing the lower 3 C4 displays. It's quite a bit more involved than the top one. Forwarned is forarmed and all that
Thanks for the heads-up! He hasn't; I'll get it touch with him.

Quote:
Regarding the C4 and CSI, are you using the stock C4.mst from the download?. I mention it because i've just noticed it doesn't have the acceleration values defined.
I'm not sure; the one I have is dated 6 September 2019. I haven't made any changes to it. Don't suppose you've one with the values? (Thanks.)
Old 09-29-2020, 08:45 AM   #10335
MixMonkey

Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up! He hasn't; I'll get it touch with him.
If the process is the same for the regular (non-pro) C4 as it is for the Pro, you will need to:

i)Disassemble the whole unit.
ii)Remove the daughter CPU board.
iii)Disconnect all PCB cabling.
iv)Remove the motherboard.
v)Remove the 3 lower displays.
vi)Remove the motherboard and drill out the existing standoffs (this is the scary bit!)
vii)Insert new standoffs supplied by LuxMuzik.
viii)Install the new displays.
ix)Remove the inverter chip on the PSU board (optional, but this is the thing that makes the whine/buzz)

Please don't take this as a detailed guide, this is just what I remember being necessary. Here's a couple of shots of the motherboard siiting on a simple jig I made when I drilled out the stand offs:

Worth it though

Quote:
I'm not sure; the one I have is dated 6 September 2019. I haven't made any changes to it. Don't suppose you've one with the values? (Thanks.)
Sure See attached. In this .mst I've swapped the 4 modifiers with the 4 buttons to their immediate left (because these buttons have LEDs, so you can see when a modifier is engaged) If you don't want this, just paste the Rotary section into the one you have.

Last edited by MixMonkey; 09-29-2020 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:07 AM   #10336
Nick Morris

is there a way to have the plugins open without the FX chain area, like just the plugin itself as if you mouse clicked it? Hope I'm being clear on what this is.

Ideally I'd like to swap the actions my zone is using to call the plugins.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:16 AM   #10337
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morris View Post
is there a way to have the plugins open without the FX chain area, like just the plugin itself as if you mouse clicked it? Hope I'm being clear on what this is.

Ideally I'd like to swap the actions my zone is using to call the plugins.
Yes, absolutely. Just replace:
Code:
Reaper "_S&M_SHOWFXCHAIN|"
with:

Code:
Reaper "_S&M_TOGLFLOATFX|"
I went with the FXChain window because you can place it on the screen and it won't move. In the Reaper prefs you can set it to only show one FXChain window at a time

It drove me slightly crazy having to move every single plugin window to where I wanted it. You really need to be able to set a default position for FX windows, rather than them always opening top left, ho hum
Old 09-29-2020, 09:22 AM   #10338
siniarch

Quote:
If the process is the same for the regular (non-pro) C4 as it is for the Pro, you will need to:

vi)Remove the motherboard and drill out the existing standoffs (this is the scary bit!)
ix)Remove the inverter chip on the PSU board (optional, but this is the thing that makes the whine/buzz)

Please don't take this as a detailed guide, this is just what I remember being necessary. Here's a couple of shots of the motherboard siiting on a simple jig I made when I drilled out the stand offs:

Worth it though

Sure See attached. In this .mst I've swapped the 4 modifiers with the 4 buttons to their immediate left (because these buttons have LEDs, so you can see when a modifier is engaged) If you don't want this, just paste the Rotary section into the one you have.
Thanks for this post. It's great to see the inside of a similar controller.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:58 AM   #10339
kevrose

Quote:

Yes, bit more complicated than the others! Thanks, have emailed him as well. Hopefully they'll arrive this week and I can finish the job.

Quote:
In this .mst I've swapped the 4 modifiers with the 4 buttons to their immediate left (because these buttons have LEDs, so you can see when a modifier is engaged) If you don't want this, just paste the Rotary section into the one you have.
Great. Good idea about the modifiers, will use/steal/be inspired by...
Old 09-29-2020, 10:00 AM   #10340
kevrose

Quote:
Code:
with:

Code:
Just looked at your C4.zon file and it includes this:

Zone "FXMenu|1-8"
SelectedTrackNavigator
DisplayUpperD| FXNameDisplay |
DisplayLowerD| NoAction
RotaryD| NoAction
RotaryPushD| GoFXSlot |
RotaryPushD| Reaper "_S&M_SHOWFXCHAIN|"
Shift+RotaryPushD| Reaper "_S&M_FXBYP|" //Bypass FX Slot
Option+RotaryPushD| Reaper "_S&M_FXOFF|" //Offline FX slot
ZoneEnd

There are two entries for RotaryPushD| - is this right? Should the second one have a modifier? (I can't get the fx chain to show).
Old 09-29-2020, 10:11 AM   #10341
MixMonkey

Quote:
Just looked at your C4.zon file and it includes this:

Zone "FXMenu|1-8"
SelectedTrackNavigator
DisplayUpperD| FXNameDisplay |
DisplayLowerD| NoAction
RotaryD| NoAction
RotaryPushD| GoFXSlot |
RotaryPushD| Reaper "_S&M_SHOWFXCHAIN|"
Shift+RotaryPushD| Reaper "_S&M_FXBYP|" //Bypass FX Slot
Option+RotaryPushD| Reaper "_S&M_FXOFF|" //Offline FX slot
ZoneEnd

There are two entries for RotaryPushD| - is this right? Should the second one have a modifier? (I can't get the fx chain to show).
No, that's correct. It means that when you push RotaryD to select the FXSlot, the appropriate FX opens in the FXChain window. Note that there's no space before the | after _S&M_SHOWFXCHAIN.

See if you can get the plugin window to open with Reaper "_S&M_TOGLFLOATFX|" I'm not sure if the FXChain window opening is dependent on Reaper prefs being set correctly.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:53 AM   #10342
pwallin

Default X-Touch Mst/Zone examples or working solutions

Really tried to get my Behringer X-Touch to work using SCI. Tried to understand how to program this by reading Github Instructions. Can't understand very much of it to be honest. I found ready-made configuration, which works partially (Faders/Pan/Transport). Confiquration file had pre-made ReaEQ settings with it, But can't get my head around how to get ReaEQ respond to actual VPots or even faders. As I mentioned, I have read instructions from Github, but it's hard to know where to start, when trying to program anything. There is also this X-Touch Mini configuration file, that comes with CSI, but is it any help, because I have 8-channel monster?

How to proceed?
pwallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #10343
Nick Morris

Quote:
Code:
with:

Code:
I went with the FXChain window because you can place it on the screen and it won't move. In the Reaper prefs you can set it to only show one FXChain window at a time

It drove me slightly crazy having to move every single plugin window to where I wanted it. You really need to be able to set a default position for FX windows, rather than them always opening top left, ho hum
Thanks again. You're making this process so easy and fun. I can't believe how much I have set up now. CSI/Eucon is killing it over here. I'm running out of needs/ideas to customize my surfaces.

I think I asked already, but is there a way to distinguish between sends and hardware sends? The hardware outputs get controlled by the 1st send and then each send also controls the last one before it.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:23 AM   #10344
MixMonkey

Quote:
Thanks again. You're making this process so easy and fun. I can't believe how much I have set up now. CSI/Eucon is killing it over here.
Excellent! Glad you've got it going. WARNING: CSI customisation is highly addictive and can lead to dependency
Quote:
I'm running out of needs/ideas to customize my surfaces.
Got a button for VCA toggle yet?

Quote:
I think I asked already, but is there a way to distinguish between sends and hardware sends? The hardware outputs get controlled by the 1st send and then each send also controls the last one before it.
You did I'm afraid at the moment CSI is limited to sends only. As a workaround, use a send to a channel with a hardware output assigned.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:24 AM   #10345
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwallin View Post
Really tried to get my Behringer X-Touch to work using SCI. Tried to understand how to program this by reading Github Instructions. Can't understand very much of it to be honest. I found ready-made configuration, which works partially (Faders/Pan/Transport). Confiquration file had pre-made ReaEQ settings with it, But can't get my head around how to get ReaEQ respond to actual VPots or even faders. As I mentioned, I have read instructions from Github, but it's hard to know where to start, when trying to program anything. There is also this X-Touch Mini configuration file, that comes with CSI, but is it any help, because I have 8-channel monster?

How to proceed?
Ok It can be a bit daunting at first, and the wiki is more in the way of software documentation rather than an instruction manual.

Let me see if I can put together a few files to make the process a bit easier for you and get you rolling.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:23 PM   #10346
poetnprophet

Quote:
Hi poetnprophet, hope you're well Modify your .mst to be of the form:
Code:
Widget RotaryA1
	Encoder b0 00 7f [ > 01 04 08 0C 0f < 41 44 48 4c 4f ]
	FB_Encoder b0 00 7f
WidgetEnd
This adds the 5 values in each direction that the C4 sends out as you turn it faster.

Try something like this on the FX.zon:
Code:
DisplayUpperB1 FXParamNameDisplay "0" "G-Thr"
DisplayLowerB1 FXParamValueDisplay "0" 
RotaryB1 FXParam "0" [ (0.001,0.005,0.025,0.05,0.1) ]
Toggle+RotaryPushB1 FXParam 18
This means that when you're turning the control at the slowest rate the parameter will change by 0.001, at the next rate 0.005 and so on until the value is changing by 0.1 at the fastest rate.

If the control scaling is as poor in Reagate as it is in Reacomp, you'll probably have a lot of tweaking of the .zon acceleration values to get the feel you want.
hey i'm doing ok, thanks for the tips. But when I put this "[ > 01 04 08 0C 0f < 41 44 48 4c 4f ]" into the field for rotaryB1, it changes the values of RotaryA1.

Actually...it works. Well not this in particular (yet) but I did try other encoder stuff, none of which worked. Then, I realized I had an old build, Jan2020 actually. So I updated to May 2020, so far nothing is broken AND the encoder mods are now working. Whew!

Last edited by poetnprophet; 09-29-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:27 PM   #10347
WaveTrans

Quote:

How to proceed?
I made 8 Channel FX zones including many Stock Plugins like ReaEQ.
They should work with the X Touch but at least they will give you an impression how such zones may look like.

You find the files in the Reaper Stash following the links in the signature.
The 8 channel zones have an "X" in their names.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 02:38 PM   #10348
MixMonkey

Quote:
hey i'm doing ok, thanks for the tips. But when I put this "[ > 01 04 08 0C 0f < 41 44 48 4c 4f ]" into the field for rotaryB1, it changes the values of RotaryA1.

Actually...it works. Well not this in particular (yet) but I did try other encoder stuff, none of which worked. Then, I realized I had an old build, Jan2020 actually. So I updated to May 2020, so far nothing is broken AND the encoder mods are now working. Whew!
Glad you got it working, yes it does need a 'recent' build. I think you'll find that touch auto is messed up the May build and that the sends don't return Home properly, but if it's working for you, no probs
Old 09-29-2020, 03:27 PM   #10349
poetnprophet

Quote:
Glad you got it working, yes it does need a 'recent' build. I think you'll find that touch auto is messed up the May build and that the sends don't return Home properly, but if it's working for you, no probs
Wow, there's a few cool things that are working now that hadn't before. For instance modifiers on FX params is now working very well, at least better than it did for me previously. That really opens things up! And some fx didn't work very well, now they are working.

Dear Geoff. THANKS!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2020, 03:36 PM   #10350
MixMonkey

Quote:
Wow, there's a few cool things that are working now that hadn't before. For instance modifiers on FX params is now working very well, at least better than it did for me previously. That really opens things up! And some fx didn't work very well, now they are working.

Dear Geoff. THANKS!!!!!!
Be aware, currently FX subzones aren't working properly. They only operate for the plugin in the first slot, so are best avoided- use modifiers instead.

Stepped parameters are a big deal for C4 users, as some plugins that have parameters with discrete values didn't work properly with encoders before, now they do
Old 09-29-2020, 04:23 PM   #10351
tdc

Quote:
CSI/Eucon is killing it over here
Hi Nick, can I ask which CSI and EuCon DynLib’s from Geoff you are running? Having complete fails here at present with my S3 and Transport. Just getting complete crash on activating the EuCon surface in Reaper.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:20 PM   #10352
MixMonkey

Quote:

How to proceed?
Try these files and see if they work ok. They're based on the Mackie MCU, which is ok because so is the XTouch. Make sure the XTouch is in MC mode, not HUI.

The FX side of things is set up to use the FXMenu with the SelectedTrackNavigator (in the FX Zones).

If you put a ReaEQ on a track, select the track and push the Plugin button on the XTouch, you should see "ReaEQ" appear on the display above channel1- this is the FXMenu (with one entry- the single ReaEQ)

If you push the Rotary on channel1, the ReaEq parameters should appear across the displays and rotaries. Holding down Shift on the XTouch should change the Freq displays/rotaries to Q. Push the Plugin button again to return to the Home display.

Put some sends on the channel and select it. If you push the Send button on the XTouch, the send levels should appear on the faders, with send mute controlled by the mute button. Push the send button again to retun Home (Note: this return function is broken in the most recent build, so use the earlier build I included)

There are a couple of things i'm not clear about with the XTouch. The first is the fader resolution, the second is the values sent by the encoders as they are turned faster or slower. The files I've attached assume the Mackie MCU values. If there are issues, we can investigate further.

Let me know how you get on, any questions, ask away.

Last edited by MixMonkey; 10-01-2020 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:15 AM   #10353
conorg

Ah brilliant that worked! Thanks for suggesting that MixMonkey, I deleted the Reaper resource folder, reinstalled Reaper and CSI and now both the OSC and Midi versions are working as expected, reloaded projects are attaching properly. Hopefully they continue to behave.

I will try rebuilding the zone file and see if it fixes the broken noise control fader, and if that works I think it's worth me doing a write-up and submitting to siniarch's repository: it's a good "getting started" example as it's a free VST that anybody can download and test.

Thanks for your help!

Quote:
I'd be inclined to start from scratch, delete all your CSI files, use the build in Geoff's signature and build an absolutely minimal CSI system with only the iPad .ost and .zon and the Lokomotiv FX.zon.

CSI can produce unpredictable results when there are even tiny errors in setup files. For instance, I never did find out why the Noise control in Locomotiv didn't work, but when I rebuilt the zone using a generic .ost I'd been working on, all the controls worked fine.

Incidentally, I see what you mean about the WiFi vs USB cable latency. Shame OSC won't go down a cable without a jailbreak. I looked into the direct WiFi connection. It can be done but Apple have removed the password protection for it (thanks Apple) so it can't be secured.
conorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:39 AM   #10354
pwallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
I made 8 Channel FX zones including many Stock Plugins like ReaEQ.
They should work with the X Touch but at least they will give you an impression how such zones may look like.

You find the files in the Reaper Stash following the links in the signature.
The 8 channel zones have an "X" in their names.
This sound great! Thank you very much.

-Pasi
Old 09-30-2020, 04:41 AM   #10355
pwallin

Quote:
Try these files and see if they work ok. They're based on the Mackie MCU, which is ok because so is the XTouch. Make sure the XTouch is in MC mode, not HUI.

The FX side of things is set up to use the FXMenu with the SelectedTrackNavigator (in the FX Zones).

If you put a ReaEQ on a track, select the track and push the Plugin button on the XTouch, you should see "ReaEQ" appear on the display above channel1- this is the FXMenu (with one entry- the single ReaEQ)

If you push the Rotary on channel1, the ReaEq parameters should appear across the displays and rotaries. Holding down Shift on the XTouch should change the Freq displays/rotaries to Q. Push the Plugin button again to return to the Home display.

Put some sends on the channel and select it. If you push the Send button on the XTouch, the send levels should appear on the faders, with send mute controlled by the mute button. Push the send button again to retun Home (Note: this return function is broken in the most recent build, so use the earlier build I included)

There are a couple of things i'm not clear about with the XTouch. The first is the fader resolution, the second is the values sent by the encoders as they are turned faster or slower. The files I've attached assume the Mackie MCU values. If there are issues, we can investigate further.

Thank you so much! I check this as soon as possible!

-Pasi
Old 09-30-2020, 05:10 AM   #10356
Nick Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Hi Nick, can I ask which CSI and EuCon DynLib’s from Geoff you are running? Having complete fails here at present with my S3 and Transport. Just getting complete crash on activating the EuCon surface in Reaper.
I’m terrible with knowing what these terms refer to. If you’re asking which version of eucon, I’m on the latest. If you’re asking which version of CSI, I’m not sure how to check, but it is recent. Perhaps the may 2020 one. And I have the latest eucon plugin Geoff made.

If this doesn’t help, let me know what to look for and I can let you know what I am using.

I have not had a single crash since getting it all talking. Probably two months, but only really understanding CSI and programming it all for the last week or so.

Everything has been customized and functioning as it should for my Artist transport. For the iPad avid control app, it’s very hit or miss. I haven’t tried to use it much after discovering all the functions and abilities in the transport. I would open the app and it would sometimes function as it should, sometimes things were missing. I notice track names disappearing except for the selected track. I notice metering disappear at times. Sometimes selecting tracks on the iPad does not select tracks in reaper. Planning works now, but have had issues with it not responding to the iPad. Most of the functions at times have stopped working but came back. I’m not sure why. I have it connecting over WiFi. Again not too concerned as I don’t see much use for it as I am preferring the actual eucon surfaces for everything. I’m not sure if it’s simply me not knowing how to set up the control app or eucon for it or what. I’m guessing it’s the app itself because the other eucon pieces are solid. The artist mix units are working great. There are some features I’d like added still but at this point it’s been everything I was hoping for.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:16 AM   #10357
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorg View Post
Ah brilliant that worked! Thanks for suggesting that MixMonkey, I deleted the Reaper resource folder, reinstalled Reaper and CSI and now both the OSC and Midi versions are working as expected, reloaded projects are attaching properly. Hopefully they continue to behave.

I will try rebuilding the zone file and see if it fixes the broken noise control fader, and if that works I think it's worth me doing a write-up and submitting to siniarch's repository: it's a good "getting started" example as it's a free VST that anybody can download and test.

Thanks for your help!
Splendid! Good to know it's working now.
Old 09-30-2020, 11:32 AM   #10358
pwallin

Quote:

It works to a point that I can adjust ReaEQ with Encoders. After that, when I press "Plugins" again to get basic track mode, it loses all track names. I tried to press other buttons to solve this problem, but eventually X-Touch loses connection.
Old 09-30-2020, 11:55 AM   #10359
siniarch

Quote:
It works to a point that I can adjust ReaEQ with Encoders. After that, when I press "Plugins" again to get basic track mode, it loses all track names. I tried to press other buttons to solve this problem, but eventually X-Touch loses connection.
I had the same issue with my QCon Pro G2 unit. That is why you have to make a button that brings you back to HOME Zone.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:17 PM   #10360
MixMonkey

Quote:
Are you using the CSI build I included with the files?