Old 12-31-2022, 09:29 AM   #841
siniarch
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna598 View Post
I'm seriously interested in this too. Looking forward to an update re: ordering
Well, thank you so much for your interested. We are so close to finishing a full upgrade on the firmware that will make the unit 100% compatible with the Mackie C4 unit. But also, it will work with the updated CSI and make it much easier to create zones for it.

We've been a little delayed as my main programmer had covid, which shut him down for at least 2 weeks, but he is doing much better and getting back on track now.

I'll keep you posted.

Happy Holidays and may 2023 be a great year for all.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:25 AM   #842
Nick Morris

any update on availability?
Old 06-09-2023, 07:26 AM   #843
andyp24

Any news on this please?

It was 'so close' and 'a little delayed' back in December...

Thanks
Andy
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 11:18 AM   #844
dna598

Well, I bit the bullet and got myself a Faderfox EC4 in lieu of this.
dna598 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 04:33 PM   #845
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Any news on this please?

It was 'so close' and 'a little delayed' back in December...

Thanks
Andy
I hate to keep saying things that don't come true, so I'm holding off on updating you guys. Basically the developer promised me he would have this done a while back. I checked with him 7 days ago and he said 2 more weeks. Since I slowed down on development a while back he took on other clients that were paying more and had to focus on that work. I understand, but still sucks to be put on the backburner. When I started with him, I basically was his only client and had him full time working on this. Also, we have changed it completely on him because of changes on CSI. So he has worked on 3 entirely different firmware versions.

I'm hoping in 7 days I will have good news for you all, but unfortunately I cannot do the technical aspects of this phase. I will keep you posted and will keep bugging him.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:20 AM   #846
andyp24

OK thanks Luis.

Please do keep us updated, even if there are further delays.

Cheers
Andy
Old 06-21-2023, 10:35 AM   #847
Elek4

I joined the forum just to keep informed on this bad ass controller.

Few questions:

- I don't use Reaper but I'm guessing this will work with Logic Pro (MacsOS & iOS) just as well?

- No MIDI DIN? MIDI over mini jack? Will it run as a standalone MIDI controller?

A problem I see ahead is the connectivity. The idea is to connected multiple controllers right? But the case as it is now has all connectivity sticking out on the top.
Wouldn't it be wiser (and look way better) if those connectors were deeper underneath the chassis? That way the next unit can be flush against the next etc.
Elek4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:19 AM   #848
andyp24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elek4 View Post

Few questions:

- I don't use Reaper but I'm guessing this will work with Logic Pro (MacsOS & iOS) just as well?

- No MIDI DIN? MIDI over mini jack? Will it run as a standalone MIDI controller?

A problem I see ahead is the connectivity. The idea is to connected multiple controllers right? But the case as it is now has all connectivity sticking out on the top.
Wouldn't it be wiser (and look way better) if those connectors were deeper underneath the chassis? That way the next unit can be flush against the next etc.
Not my place to speak for Siniarch, who makes these, but this is my understanding of the situation.....

Initially the plan is I believe to get it working really well with CSI/Reaper, but on the longer term roadmap is compatibility with other DAWs.

I believe it's just planned to be USB MIDI. Not sure quite what you mean as a standalone - it's intended for DAW control, not to hook up to a synth etc I don't think.

I guess the idea is that a "channel strip" would consist of a (possible future) fader unit, with the existing rotary E24 above it. These would be stacked "side to side" to form a larger "console" so the connectors on top of the E24 wouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully Siniarch will clarify more when he's next visiting here.
Old 06-22-2023, 08:52 AM   #849
Geoff Waddington

I'm going to jump in just to say that the new firmware will allow the SCE24 to behave like a Mackie C4, so if Logic supports the C4, you're good to go.

Also, it's MIDI via USB, just like almost every other product out there these days.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 10:17 AM   #850
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elek4 View Post

Few questions:

Thanks Andy and Geoff for stepping in and helping with this inquiry.

Dear Elek4,
First, thank you for your interest and the kind words!

As per the use of the unit on other DAWs, what we have done initially is for the unit to behave exactly (or very similarly) to an old Mackie C4 unit. So any DAW that can support that controller will be able to use the SCE24 just by plugging it in. The main difference of course is that the SCE24 has 3 rows of 8 as opposed to the 4 rows of the Mackie C4. I may in the future reverse one of the buttons and with firmware be able to scroll down to the missing row. Should be achievable via firmware.

As for other DAWs, I am currently looking at Ableton Live. I believe they are one of the only DAWs that is beginning to open up their API. The way that Geoff has brilliantly programmed CSI is in a way that it is just a translator. Basically, I've been informed that there is a text file with about 600+ lines of code which connect all CSI functions to Reaper functions. So, if another DAW has opened up their API, and they had the same functions available, it would be super easy to have CSI and therefore SCE24 control another DAW. We are also hoping that once we have 2 or 3 DAWs, that other DAWs will fall like dominos and allow us to access their API. Again, this is dependent on other companies and not something I have control of. But users can certainly make requests to the other DAWs. At this point, they are limiting their users' ability to use other controllers.

As for MIDI, the controller connects via USB-type A connector. We do have an RJ45 port for future connectivity, but at this point, it is not functional. As someone stated above, this is not meant to be a MIDI controller for a Synthesizer, but rather a MIDI controller for a DAW. Hope this clarifies it.

The initial idea I had was to create a massive controller to compete with the big boys. Meaning, being able to stack these units side by side to add more tracks. 10 of these could control 80 discrete tracks. The planned fader units would sit below these units and yes, the placement of the connectors will be place in a manner that they can be stacked below these. Whether that is under the unit, or on the back, but at the bottom of the controller so the SCE24 could be lifter slightly might work. Also, note that the front of the SCE24 is not as tall as the back. Therefore, if the Fader units retain the same form factor, the front of the SCE24 could be lifted about 1/2" or more so that the bottom of the SCE24 lines up with the top of the Fader unit. This would allow space for cables.

I do hope the above make sense, but feel free to ask any questions should you still have some.

Btw. for those waiting for the next firmware, my developer was asking pertinent questions regarding the new firmware, which leads me to conclude they are almost done with the update. As soon as it's done, I'll send it to Geoff so he and I can test it with the new CSI. Sorry for all the delays.
Old 06-24-2023, 01:18 PM   #851
Geoff Waddington

Great news !!

Got the new firmware from Luis last night and am working through integrating the SCE24 into CSI.

See the CSI technical discussion thread for some of the design decisions we'll have to make.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 01:32 PM   #852
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Great news !!

Got the new firmware from Luis last night and am working through integrating the SCE24 into CSI.

See the CSI technical discussion thread for some of the design decisions we'll have to make.
Thanks Geoff for all the hard work. Glad to hear it is working as intended so far. Can't wait to try it out soon.
Thank you again!!!
Old 06-25-2023, 03:31 AM   #853
andyp24

Fantastcic news, thanks all.
I'll check out the other thread and see if I can contribute anything (unlikely, but you never know!)

*EDIT* Nope, didn't understand a word of it. I trust you people to get it right for me :-D

Andy

Last edited by andyp24; 06-25-2023 at 03:44 AM.
Old 07-12-2023, 05:21 PM   #854
siniarch

Default NEW FIRMWARE v03.03.39c (2023.07.10)

Hi Everyone,

It gives me great pleasure to announce that there is a new firmware for the SCE24 that is currently working with the new CSI 3.1

If you have been following the CSI thread, then you know Geoff and FunkyBot have been making great progress with AutoMapping and MIDILearn with CSI.

I feel we are at a point where I can share the firmware with users and they can upgrade.

WARNING: Note that if you upgrade, all your previously mapped CSI configuration files will not work with this new firmware. So, if you are making the switch, be ready to make changes. I will try and get the most current MST files and Zone files from both Geoff and FunkyBot to make sure things work right away for you.

I'll keep you posted.

In the mean time, you can download the file from the following Google Drive Folder:

https://bit.ly/SCE24_Public_Firmware

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Luis Sinibaldi
Old 07-12-2023, 05:53 PM   #855
siniarch

One more thing.
FunkyBot was kind enough to allow me to post his MST and Zone Files. I created a sub-folder named "PreliminaryFunkyBot_CSI-Files".

Please note that these are preliminary as Geoff is still ironing out CSI. I believe FXAutomap and MIDILearn are working at the moment, but if I recall there were issues with switching from Zone to Zone. But if you are using the SCE24 for plugins, man do they map quickly and with the Learn function, making changes is great as well.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

thanks,

Luis
Old 07-15-2023, 04:22 AM   #856
andyp24

Great news, thanks Luis. I'll check this out as soon as I can when I'm back from holiday.

Andy
Old 07-30-2023, 11:04 PM   #857
drumsareme

Default Sinicon Controller

Hi Luis.

How far away is the fader option to go with the knobs ? ;-)
drumsareme is offline   Reply With Quote