Old 01-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
fortunedsouls
Human being with feelings

Default question

is there any way to use reaper as a sampler? basically create some sort of macro that records certain notes per program/instrument/etc then outputs them into a folder? that would be a lifesaver when it comes to sampling vsti's and such for use in reason or whatever.
thanks,
James
www.soundcloud.com/fortunedsouls
fortunedsouls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
DarkStar

'Fraid not.

Extreme Sample Converter will do what you're looking for (and it's on special offer at the moment).
http://www.extranslator.com/
Old 01-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
Lokasenna

You might be able to do something with recording Live Output, and having both your MIDI and audio track being written out. Play through every note, one at a time, and then you just have to reopen the output files and slice up the audio, using the MIDI as a reference for what note you're looking at.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
fortunedsouls

yeah, basically what i'm doing now is using a separate midi file for each note- doing every third note in three octaves- load a preset of a vsti then freeze each and every separate file- leaving separate audio clips- the problem is- how can I do this quickly and how can I automatically have the notes saved in an external folder? if I can figure out those two then it could be virtually automatic!
--James
www.soundcloud.com/fortunedsouls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
You might be able to do something with recording Live Output, and having both your MIDI and audio track being written out. Play through every note, one at a time, and then you just have to reopen the output files and slice up the audio, using the MIDI as a reference for what note you're looking at.
fortunedsouls is offline   Reply With Quote