Old 11-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
xartrax
Human being with feelings

Default vsti preset changes when playing midi file

Hi. I searched the forum and can't find an answer.
Running 5.28 x64. Everything is running fine until...

I have created several midi files from the app Score Cloud. These files are stored in the same folder that I store my other purchased midi files. All purchased midi files play without problem.

I insert a vsti on a new track.
I insert media file, the midi file from Score Cloud. It appears in the track and is viewable in the piano roll and notation screens.
I pick a preset on the vsti.
It plays fine with one major exception.
Upon clicking play, the vsti immediately changes the preset to the very first available preset in the vsti's preset list.

This behavior happens starting from the begining of the file or anywhere within the sequence. This happens with all the Score Cloud midi files.
All of my purchased midi file do not do this and perform as expected.

Its probably something to do with a midi message but I am not knowledgable about midi.

Any suggestions or idea as to why this happens and a possible remedy is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Tim
ps. Score Cloud is a really cool ios/ipad app that lets you record voice or instrument and immediately converts it to a midi file and notation. There are also editing options within the app. I recorded wind chimes and plan to use the randomly created melody's (or parts of) in a composition.So far so good with the exception of the problem related above.

Last edited by xartrax; 11-14-2016 at 10:53 AM. Reason: add more info about Score Cloud
xartrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
DarkStar
Human being with feelings

I reckon that there will be one or more Program Change (PC) MIDI messages in the MIDI clips. These can change presets

Open one of the problem MIDI clips in the MIDI editor and change to View Mode:Event List. If you see any PC messages then delete them (and any preceding Bank select message).

If not, then perhaps you could compress a simple problem project file (no audio samples needed) into a ZIP file and post it here as an attachment so that we can have a look at it and see what's (not) happening?