Old 10-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #1
Zeeban
Human being with feelings

Default Copy MIDI Region Ignores Quantization

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem that just popped up today. I have a MIDI region that has been quantized after recording. When I copy the region (via ctrl drag or ctrl c) I find that the notes have reverted to their pre-quantized positions. I haven't changed anything and I'm not finding reference to this as a feature anywhere. None of my previous sessions have ever had this particular problem. Any ideas?

Example: http://imgur.com/lCEzJAQ

Thanks,

Zeeban
Zeeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:58 PM   #2
foxAsteria

That's called a MIDI item, not a region. Regions are sections that span all tracks. If you want a carbon copy of the item, try using pooled MIDI items (prefs>media>midi>pool when pasting). These pooled items have the advantage of inheriting any edits you make to any copy and if you want a variation, you just unpool it.

Seems like you might have separate MIDI editors per item (also and option in prefs) and they are using default settings. Maybe you need to use one MIDI editor per track or project.

I can't reproduce that problem...
Old 10-14-2016, 11:42 AM   #3
Zeeban

Right, MIDI item. Still have hold-overs from Pro Tools after all this time.

I didn't know about the pooling. That's really cool. I think the problem was separate editors. Once I set it to one editor per project (ideally what I would have wanted all along) I could no longer reproduce the error. Thank you for the reply.
Zeeban is offline   Reply With Quote