Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-31-2019, 02:32 PM   #1
randall7
Human being with feelings

Default List of MIDI Keyboards that work with Reaper?

Is there a list of midi keyboard controllers that play nice (function well) with Reaper 5.9? If not, maybe that could be a sticky post here?

I just can not get my M-Audio Axiom 61 faders and other controls to be recognized with Reaper 5.9, maybe it is just too old a model idk. I am ready to buy a new semi-weighted midi keyboard, 61 or 88 keys, with faders, just that I want to be sure it will work well with Reaper.

(side note: my Panda WORLD 25 key midi keyboard works great with Reaper)
Old 02-07-2019, 05:27 AM   #2
Curtis
Banned

Most keyboard work with reaper, I have a keyboard that is intended for ableton, I have the various controls working. You just need to understand how to get it to work.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
toleolu

I bought a Novation LaunchKey 61 a little while back, works great, but I did have to go into the Action settings and map the keyboard controls in there.

Like Curtis, my keyboard came with the Ableton software, but I didn't want to install that. Mapping the control functions in Actions only took a few minutes.
toleolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #4
noojoysey

I use a Roland A-500 Pro, which works perfectly. I also use the control surface features, and as toleolu said, you need to map these yourself. If you don't already know how to do this there's useful video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Kr24vbF4aow
noojoysey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:38 AM   #5
patrickj

Behringer Motor 49 here, but there's a 61 as well. Semi-weighted and motorized faders. A++
patrickj is offline   Reply With Quote