Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 03-28-2018, 01:56 AM   #1
Monroy
Human being with feelings

Default Track names. How to hide additional info?

Hi,

My mixer window has track names with guitar processor preset name:

Is possible somehow to hide this additional processor preset info and leave just track name as gtr1, gtr2, gtr3 etc?
Monroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:32 AM   #2
foxAsteria

Well i can't see anything in that tiny image, but if you create a track by dragging in an item, the track will get named after the item, so i assume that's how they got that way.

But it's easy to rename multiple tracks the way you describe with the sws rename selected tracks action. There are some other track renaming actions in sws as well.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:47 AM   #3
Monroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Well i can't see anything in that tiny image, but if you create a track by dragging in an item, the track will get named after the item, so i assume that's how they got that way.

But it's easy to rename multiple tracks the way you describe with the sws rename selected tracks action. There are some other track renaming actions in sws as well.
All guitar tracks names look like:

gtr1 25C-p3
gtr2 7D-p1
gtr3 31A-p3

I would like to have full above track names in arrange TCP window, but in mixer window in track name field I need just to see gtr1, gtr2, gtr3 etc. Is this possible?
Old 03-28-2018, 02:56 AM   #4
foxAsteria

No, the track name is the same in TCP and MCP. If it's a case of the tracks being to narrow in the mixer to show the full name, consider using appropriate track icons and enabling them to show in the mixer. SWS also has an auto color/icon system that assigns those automatically based on a string of letters in the name. E.g all your tracks with "gtr" in the name will be red with a guitar icon (can be set however you like). Then you don't need to rely on names as much to find your tracks.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:38 AM   #5
Monroy

Ok thanks. Maybe is something like track comments? When i move mouse on the track, then yellow cloud show me some additional descibe about track?