Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 11-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #161
HIO
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
You get full bi-directionality with all faders on the MCU and all extenders using the one I did, but you cannot use it at the same times as Klinke's -- that is, you cannot use them both simultaneously.
Thanks for the clarification and just to get this perfectly straight I am interpreting that you can get the 9 faders of the MCU to work both ways and the expander 8 faders but not at the same time. If that is true, that would be a deal breaker for me based on the way I work but I really appreciate the work you two both did and it comes very close but no cigar. I need at bare minimum 17 faders at one time.

After looking at Kenny's mixing video and by the way he is using a surface controller in PT , I am now just thinking WOW that is the most beautiful GUI and color theme I have ever seen. My Yamaha boards work in Pro Tools and maybe I should make amends with the enemy and bite in again plus my studio would be more compatible with the studios I work with.

Record in Reaper because of its low latency audio engine because I record using input monitoring and I am able to use my UAD Quad's effects while recording in Reaper at or less than 1.5ms without even using "Live Track" which is a UAD specific feature, and then just mix in Pro Tools along with its better editing.
HIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #162
pattste

Quote:
Although vocal, the actual number of users wanting this appears to be fairly low. When I gave a shout-out for other input at the beginning of the C4 development phase, I got NADA.
Of course, the feedback that you got may have been skewed by the fact that people for whom it is very important may not be Reaper users (yet).
pattste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #163
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIO
Thanks for the clarification and just to get this perfectly straight I am interpreting that you can get the 9 faders of the MCU to work both ways and the expander 8 faders but not at the same time. If that is true, that would be a deal breaker for me based on the way I work but I really appreciate the work you two both did and it comes very close but no cigar. I need at bare minimum 17 faders at one time
No, I meant you can use either Klinke's DLL or mine, but not both at the same time with the same controller(s) so you you can't get the functionality that Klinke provides at the same time as the functionality I provide.

As far as the faders you can have, 9, 17, 25, 33, 41, etc., should work fine.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #164
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattste
Of course, the feedback that you got may have been skewed by the fact that people for whom it is very important may not be Reaper users (yet).
Agreed, I'm just talking about interest shown on this forum.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:11 AM   #165
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morris View Post
Really? I think I can make that happen. You are saying you are capable to make Eucon and Reaper work?
It was sort of a tongue-in-cheek comment. I wrote control surface support for the VS2480 a couple of years ago, but it was a lot of hard work and the code wasnt pretty to say the least,and it was done mostly at night next to my day job AND recording.

But! if i could get the SDK from Avid and a couple of Eucon controllers, i could probably give it a try. I wouldnt be able to commit to any dates though which i guess isnt really what people are asking about.

Yves
yhertogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:47 AM   #166
Nick Morris

Quote:
I have to agree with Klinke.

Although vocal, the actual number of users wanting this appears to be fairly low. When I gave a shout-out for other input at the beginning of the C4 development phase, I got NADA.
Many users that want this feature could be newer to or not even on this forum. I have not been using Reaper for that long.

I never saw this thread you are talking about.
Nick Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #167
Nick Morris

Maybe we should be making our own Reaper Control Surface. I am going to make one for my home use.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=91062
Nick Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #168
JonnyGinese

Control Surface integration is probably one huddle Reaper needs to overcome to be a more "Professional level" software.. meaning.. To get it into major studios... which inherently will make more overage people want to use it.

There are obviously other things too.. but Control Surfaces is one of them IMO.

I have plans on taking 3 BCF-2000 Behringers and customizing them.. and mounting them IN my desk.. so It will look Professional... at least i hope so. Lol
JonnyGinese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #169
Jeronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Neyrinck V-control basic functions are working on reaper32 OSX. Paul Neyrinck in accessible and if enough people asked him I'm sure he would port the app to reaper specifically.

Personally I like the speed of controllers and the accuracy of the mouse/automation (actually I use a Intuos4 tablet). Generally I tend to use a control surface (have owned Control 24, ProControl and now V-Control) for tracking and getting a basic mix together.

I think the other side of this is people being lazy to learn/program keyboard shortcuts. With modifiers etc a standard qwerty can cover way more ground then the buttons on even an icon. This is one area where reaper is great, you can program all your keyboard shortcuts how ever you want them.

I would really like to see more companies create Ipad apps like omni TR, especially if I could launch omni TR directly from V-control...
V-Control will have Reaper implementation in future updates...
Old 11-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #170
FngrStck

Well yhertogh. I use my Roland 2480 all the time with your plugin and I love it. Cantthank you enough. It actually works quite well. Bankable through all 16 faders.
FngrStck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #171
boka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
V-Control will have Reaper implementation in future updates...
When it gets the Reaper implementation I will immediately buy it...
Old 12-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #172
Jeronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by boka View Post
When it gets the Reaper implementation I will immediately buy it...
I will try it when it comes out... I don't have an iPad and I don't know if it'll work for me...
I have my Alphatrack working great right now...
I like the real fader...
Old 12-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #173
Boydbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyGinese View Post
Control Surface integration is probably one huddle Reaper needs to overcome to be a more "Professional level" software.. meaning.. To get it into major studios... which inherently will make more overage people want to use it.
So True. As an over-age person myself, I find being able to use my BCF2000 with Reaper really helps.

;>)
Boyd
Boydbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #174
Curranproducer

Hey I just want My O2R96's to write fader moves in reaper, and MAYBEEEEEEEE pan moves. can reaper do that?!?!?!?

Curran
Curranproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #175
MesS!er35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morris View Post
Ok, we have one confirmed working (tascam fx-1884). I assume the ones in the control surface preference page work. Other than that we have nothing?
?
it doesn't work in native mode, just in Mackie control mod.
i wouldn't call that a fully compatible unit (just main buttons are working). sorry
Old 01-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #176
HIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curranproducer View Post
Hey I just want My O2R96's to write fader moves in reaper, and MAYBEEEEEEEE pan moves. can reaper do that?!?!?!?
NO!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #177
theXtReMe1

Im using the Tascam US-2400 under Windows 7 and it works perfectly. Using it in Mackie Universal Control mode and two mackie extender modes with offsets of 8 and 16. So awesome. 25 motorized, full-sized faders(24+1 main) plus a plethora of buttons, jog control and joystick. I bought mine for $700 shipped on Ebay. You can pick them up there for $700-$800.

Last edited by theXtReMe1; 01-17-2012 at 11:19 PM.
theXtReMe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #178
HIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by theXtReMe1 View Post
Im using the Tascam US-2400 under Windows 7 and it works perfectly. Using it in Mackie Universal Control mode and two mackie extender modes with offsets of 8 and 16. So awesome. 25 motorized, full-sized faders(24+1 main) plus a plethora of buttons, jog control and joystick. I bought mine for $700 shipped on Ebay. You can pick them up there for $700-$800.
I assume your DAW of choice is REAPER. If so,... AWESOME man and now I am utterly and completely jello-us.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #179
Paco572

I found in this thread the Tango 2 by SmartAV. I got interested and found that this is the way of the future. No more midi, embrace Ethernet connection and HUI protocol or a variant there of. This unit is so cool, touch screen, real faders but there is no support for it for reaper. I spoke to a rep today and explained the horrible state of affairs with regards to control surfaces for home studio and average blokes that just want the feel of a studio based mixing board with all features without all the preamps/mic inputs and other stuff that's not needed for the home studio DAW.

The down side is this unit is $12,000 but it's way cool. This rep is going to Australia to see the big boss and he's going to ask them to support reaper provided Reaper provides the software SmartAV needs to implement it's hardware. They will speak with Justin.

I explained to him there is a need for a middle of the road control surface in #1000 to $1500 range with all the bells and whistles, because currently after you jump from Behringers BCF and BCR units your looking at $3000+ for something half way decent, like the Mixed Logic M24 or the Mackie MCU universal plus it's extensions.

Like everybody else I'm looking for a control surface with all the bells and whistles but having to fork out $3000 to get only half of those bells stinks and that's why I feel there is a need for the home studio user to have something good, "with new technology" but not the high price that goes with it. IEMiddle of the road).

Hopefully I put my message out and perhaps Smart AV might make some for us user's but who knows, for now I can only dream of the Tango 2 but man,,,Would I love to Tango.

My current setup is a poor mans DAW, A BCR2000 and a BCF2000 strung together. If I do upgrade it will be the Mixed Logic M24.

Here's a link so you can drool.

http://www.smartav.net/product/tango-2/

PACO

Last edited by Paco572; 02-10-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Paco572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #180
Jeronimo

yeah... but as a good Reaper user... you're not going far with any surface...
Old 02-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #181
Paco572

Yup and that's why I want to get the word out that there's a market for mid range control surfaces in the $1000 to $1500 range. A market that's begging for the latest high technological interfaces. like Ethernet HUI. Who better than SamrtAV to lead the way IMO. Combination touch screen control surfaces is the way of the future, I'd like to think that. A little of both worlds integrated into a thoughtful affordable way for us home studio user's and there's lots of us. I'll be speaking with him again, perhaps I can nudge them in the right direction.

PACO

Last edited by Paco572; 02-10-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Paco572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #182
Dhyan Mikael

Also here waiting for Eucon support in Reaper.

I am not willing to change my proven studio hardware for Reaper, although I must say this that missing Eucon support is the only reason I am not on Reaper.

regards, Mikael
Dhyan Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #183
chromesitar

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...urface+sniffer

Is this relevant? I don't know anything about the eucon stuff, but if somebody quietly sniffs out their protocols and anonymously distributes the files I don't think there's anything Avid can do about it except QQ and have nasty internal meetings.

I don't think this is the ideal way for Reaper to develop control surface support, but it seems to be the only way.
chromesitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #184
yougots2chill

Anyone get the 003 faders working??? or any mapping for the knobs,buttons etc. I was never able to figure this out.Im using straight firewire,no midi.Can i configure it with Klinke's plug-in?? Someone please help.
yougots2chill is offline   Reply With Quote