Old 04-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
Cosmic Pig
Human being with feelings

Default Audio loops pop and crackle

Hiya fellas. I'm trying and failing to make an audio loop of native drums that doesn't pop at the loop point. I've messed with zero crossings and copying loop from a right click, but it won't seem to loop at a zero crossing. Just keeps popping.

Any primers around? It's possible my interface is doing weird stuff too as it seems I get a bit of a crackle on stop. Messed with that some but it made no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Cosmic Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:23 PM   #2
Cosmic Pig

Figured out stuff. This is a note to myself for next time I run across the same problem and have long forgotten the answer. We're not all young engineers with absorby woohoo brains that remember all this crap ya know.

Copy paste is your friend. It didn't work right just yoinking on the end of for repeats. Copy paste worked fine and is damn near as quick.
Cosmic Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:01 AM   #3
Xaos

Here's a note to your future self and anyone else who comes along with the same issue. There's another solution that is probably more graceful and quicker if you have to do a lot of looping.

Trim your item to the zero crossings where you want the loop to start and end. It doesn't matter that the source media extends beyond the boundaries of the media item. Right click the item, go to Item settings>Loop section of item source. When this is checked, the item will loop where you've trimmed it, not at the beginning and end of the source media like the default behavior.

Last edited by Xaos; 11-12-2018 at 06:38 AM.
Xaos is offline   Reply With Quote