Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 05-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #241
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
Tod -
I think the aerodrum folk were asked to provide separate midi Sig's for left and right hand, since it distinguishes internally, but I don't think they've implemented it, they aren't exactly cockos when it comes to updates, but they do get there . I'll check tho..

Edit: twas I that requested it.. in 2014 so ATM no.
Okay thank Ben.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:44 PM   #242
NecroPolo

Drummers hate to play electronic kits in my experience. I still like to work with them as they can compress production time like crazy, especially during songwriting / arranging phase.
NecroPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:37 PM   #243
brainwreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroPolo View Post
Drummers hate to play electronic kits in my experience. I still like to work with them as they can compress production time like crazy, especially during songwriting / arranging phase.
I am essentially using electronic drums as a learning tool and for conviently scratching out ideas at low volume. I should probably write that out on paper and stick it to my electronic kit so that I don't lose sight of how it is serving me, and so that I'm not tempted again to throw more money at it. But it is soooo much better of an experience than using either finger pads or keys for playing drums, at least after ditching the elecronic hihat, because playing an elecronic hihat was a crap experience. And if I were a drummer recording an album, I would definitely want to be playing a real kit in a suitable recording environment. I think that no matter how good elecronic drums and samplers get, they will never replace the experience of playing an actual acoustic kit.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:48 PM   #244
brainwreck

Just an update after a year and a half. I got tired of the fiddly nature of electronic drums and traded them locally for a Yamaha Stage Custom kit in nice condition. The real kit is tons more fun to play, although recording them is something that I will have to work out later. The person who I traded them to had bought the Yamaha kit new and was looking to sell them and buy a Roland kit for playing at church. We made a straight trade, and both of us were happy.