Old 01-27-2016, 03:15 PM   #1
buckman
Human being with feelings

Default Slowly working out SubProjects..

As the title suggests, I'm a bit slow coming to this but can see it could be a huge feature.

As I see it (just messing around myself to find out what it can do) this could be great for lots of applications as mentioned in some other threads (post/edits/video/) and mastering a stereo mixdown file?

You could have full multi track session and then on a Sub-project have the rendered master (no grid / snapping) full stereo track view, so that this is like an editor? (sorry if that has been mentioned before)

So just playing with this, can i :

1. Always make sure the subproject tab goes back to the main tab on save (render)? This was happening, but now once I save on the Subproject it just stays there?

2. Can the Main Project and the Subproject actually sync and follow cursors? so when you flip to a subproject the cursor is in the same place in the timeline? (even when stopped and not in sync when playing?)

3. When i save a project (with however many subprojects attached) does EVERYTHING save thats associated with it? so that when i open in future all my edited subprojects open too, to give me the final MAIN project - all in one go? So I could open a song with 5 edits in Subprojects all saved as one together?

4. I can see the benefits of Video working, and syncing to Picture here, but if your using a subproject say to do the audio, does the Main Project video sync to your subproject while your working on it?

5. Can we colour and RENAME the tabs too and maybe drag them to another Monitor? So we have final MASTER project and we can edit a subproject in another window/screen? Or to rename do these have to be saved firstly?

(just thinking aloud here)

I might have missed many silly things, but I can see huge potential here
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote