Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 01-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #1
Vagalume
Human being with feelings

Default Is it possible to stablish the the width of the tcp track(s) with a action?

Imagine that you that to set the width of the tcp tracks to 250 pixels? Is it possible using actions? I have been trying to get it done, but I don't see any way to do it.
Vagalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:22 AM   #2
xpander

Window screen sets. View/Screensets/Layouts, the Windows tab. Set everything on the screen like you want and save the set. Saved window sets can be called with actions.

About the only thing which is not saved/called back the same way with the window sets is the TCP height. Oddly enough, saved Track views (2nd tab) will recall the track height, but not the width.

Last edited by xpander; 02-01-2019 at 11:28 AM.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:23 AM   #3
Beastmode Beats

go to command parameters, I believe its in the sws extension menu if you have installed sws extensions, >>set track height A box, and B box.. use this method to set custom heights you prefer, then create a icon in your toolbar so you can test varying heights of tracks on the TCP quickly
Beastmode Beats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:52 PM   #4
Beastmode Beats

Sorry, in regards to width you may have to create a layout and set your preferred width in the rtconfig file.. its located in your themes folder, located in the reaper App Data folder on Windows; backup the file, or copy it to another location, open the file, and go down to set tcp size and configure the size for a preferred width, you should only see 2 to 3 numbers for the tcp size, then create a new folder inside of your theme for the layout size of the tcp width you want, basically copy everything from the "set tcp" section of the rtconfig file with the new width modification, that's the only way I'm aware of changing the width without writing a script.
Beastmode Beats is offline   Reply With Quote