Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 02-01-2019, 12:43 PM   #1
Fairlight2cx
Human being with feelings

Default Issue with 4k display and docker?

Besides having three other DAWs, I've actually considered purchasing Reaper.

The main reason I haven't?

At least on my 4k display, if you dock the MIDI editor, almost everything becomes unusable in the docker. A revision or few ago when I last tried, I could barely manage to undock it. I just failed to be able to undock it on this latest version. You can't scroll with the scrollbars, all the buttons fail to tooltip below the docker top bar.. You can actually draw MIDI notes this version, but you couldn't last version.

Not sure if it's a 4k issue (I suspect it is, based on how it acted last version, especially when resizing the docker area upwards to where it would be above a 1080p bottom-of-screen), but it makes the docker patently unusable.

If you fix that, and I'd probably buy it, despite having no pressing need to do so. I'm a bit of a collector.

Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1

About the second-latest GeForce drivers on a 980 Ti.
Fairlight2cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:01 AM   #2
ivansc

Have you tried any of the HiDPI themes offered in the themes section?

A lot of this is experimental at this stage, as we still dont have 100% Hi DPI support yet, but the devs ARE working on it, apparently.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:11 AM   #3
Fairlight2cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Have you tried any of the HiDPI themes offered in the themes section?

A lot of this is experimental at this stage, as we still dont have 100% Hi DPI support yet, but the devs ARE working on it, apparently.
I have not. Not intentionally anyway. I downloaded some themes, but the assumption was that they'd act correctly at any resolution.

I can take a look...
Fairlight2cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:00 AM   #4
ivansc

user White Tie is the "official" theme developer & has put a pre-version of the default theme, which will give you an idea of the potential, which hopefully should be fully realised pretty soon. Sorry nobody can be more precise than that, so right now you have a choice of going with WT`s theme or any of the other 200%/hi DPI themes offered or (sadly) waiting till reaper gets full Hi DPI support.
Main reason behind this I think is that they are two guys plus W.T. working part time & there are other priorities that are being addressed first.

Bear in mind I am just another user & this is just my take on it. Me? I am glad I have two regular monitors still & didnt jump right into 4k. More by luck than judgement!