Old 11-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #1
Danny Medina
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER for Linux Fonts Issue

I'm really enjoying REAPER on my Linux Desktop. I used it when i was running cinnamon, now xfce4 but the fonts didn't look right... not sure if its due to me running ArchLinux & maybe m missing some fonts? but this is the only program that has this issue.. the menus/settings or even some plugins' fonts are cut off when they reach the end of their window... not sure if I'm making myself clear therefore i captured some screenshots.

PS: I don't know how much this would help but I have multiple screens and my main screen has a resolution for 2560x1080 while the others are 1080p and 1360x768..

PPS: If you cant see the image clearly; Ive upload it to here as well;
https://ibb.co/h4yqFV
Attached Images
File Type: png reapic.png (45.2 KB, 552 views)
Danny Medina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:27 PM   #2
JamesPeters

From this post:

Quote:
SWELL Themes

SWELL is a toolkit implementing a minimal but reasonable subset of the win32 API, which allows targeting Linux, OS/X and Windows from a single codebase. Since SWELL doesn't use OS system calls on Linux to display controls like the menubar and dialog boxes, it is possible to theme their appearance.

The theme definition is contained in a file called libSwell.colotheme. To override the default definition, copy libSwell.colortheme to ~/.config/REAPER/libSwell-user.colortheme, and if you use a portable install, to REAPER/libSwell-user.colortheme.
Then edit the libSwell-user.colortheme file. Line 1 and line 2 (right at the top) are what you want to change. I use NotoSans for its specific legibility and I found size 12 (for that font) is the appropriate size for that text to be displayed correctly. I prefer it at size 13 for my menus though. So for me it's a compromise between the two. Perhaps you'll find a font you like which displays at the size you need, without compromise. But anyway you can lower the font size 1 step and that'll probably solve it.

(Note: libSwell.colotheme file is installed in the Reaper program directory, so you copy it from there and paste a copy to the directory you need to, then rename it libSwell-user.colortheme.)
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
Danny Medina

Default Gracias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
From this post:

Then edit the libSwell-user.colortheme file. Line 1 and line 2 (right at the top) are what you want to change. I use NotoSans for its specific legibility and I found size 12 (for that font) is the appropriate size for that text to be displayed correctly. I prefer it at size 13 for my menus though. So for me it's a compromise between the two. Perhaps you'll find a font you like which displays at the size you need, without compromise. But anyway you can lower the font size 1 step and that'll probably solve it.

(Note: libSwell.colotheme file is installed in the Reaper program directory, so you copy it from there and paste a copy to the directory you need to, then rename it libSwell-user.colortheme.)
Oh Dude Thanks! I ended up still using the liberation font with size 12 and i also adjusted some margins' width as well.. thanks!
Danny Medina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:20 PM   #4
JamesPeters

Glad to help!

I'd also like to mention (if Justin is reading) that it would be nice to have the option of specifying a different font size for menu text and plugin/about/info/preferences areas if possible. It's not something that causes me serious grief or anything but it would be a nice touch if I could set those font sizes separately.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote