Old 04-23-2024, 12:33 AM   #961
BartR
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
It would be handy if these fantastic plugins each had it's own dedicated appearance in ReaPack with some decent description.
Tja ... I already underlined this but it seems he got this almost as a troll-request instead.
- Clear Description
- Consistency with the names

So that when one is into the FX window and he's looking for some Tukan FX he doesn't get lost.

it would be really appreciated since these plugins are really good.
BartR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:40 AM   #962
Codesound

Hi,

My Tukan folder is a bit messy: is it correct or did I do something wrong?

thanks
Codesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:42 AM   #963
Codesound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
If you want to convert JSFX to VST, this would be of interest for you.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2369192
Hi,

I try this way..... I hope to succeed

thanks
Codesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 05:44 AM   #964
mequaz

Default error message

SO ive posted aabout this in the bugs forum, but no answer. When attempting to use tape recorder s2, tape echo s2, i get an error message:

"@int:77 'KlnDrive.parameter_config' needs 12 parms '30, 370, 150,200, 1, 4"

Any help would great! Ive tried to uninstall and reinstall. Ive sync my repositories. Even tried to delete those ins
mequaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 02:57 PM   #965
DaniloVillanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
Hi
I'm interested with these plugins,
but not quite sure how to install them properly.

[EDIT

nvm.. ! I just saw the links u provided on the reaper-stash
problem solved
Awesome update to SumChannel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txk2_mffVhs
DaniloVillanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 02:12 AM   #966
pitufodelbosque

Default Update Sumchannel

Great update!!!!!!
pitufodelbosque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 03:04 PM   #967
desol

I just installed these. Never heard of them before. The compressors, transient units and reverb all sound great. The bus compressor is quite good. The only plugin that was giving me issues was the dynamic eq. I would get bits of distortion here and there.

Thank you very much Tukan!
desol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 01:20 PM   #968
Punchipum

There is some kind of bug in the Sum Channel. While all knobs work with the mouse wheel, those on the LA-NC and NC-LA compressors do not.
Punchipum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 04:35 PM   #969
EduSerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchipum View Post
There is some kind of bug in the Sum Channel. While all knobs work with the mouse wheel, those on the LA-NC and NC-LA compressors do not.
Yes I can confirm this. John can you, plase make VCA Compressor embeddable? It would be grate to handle that compressor directly in the MCP with its metering and maybe threshold and outgain controls, Thanks.
EduSerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 09:09 AM   #970
Diamondrecords

When installing via reapak all S2 version of the plugins loads in reaper except Tukanoplex tape echo and Tape recorder S2. Does anyone knows what may cause this? Thanks
Diamondrecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 12:15 PM   #971
Diamondrecords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukan_Studios View Post
Hi everyone!

visit here https://stash.reaper.fm/v/43504/TUKANPLUGINS.png

This gives you a link to all you need for installation incl. a video installation manual.

Please leave lots of comments and ratings Click "like" at YouTube and so on...

When installing via reapak all S2 version of the plugins loads in reaper except Tukanoplex tape echo and Tape recorder S2. Does anyone knows what may cause this? Thanks
Old 06-07-2024, 06:56 AM   #972
mequaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondrecords View Post
That happened to me it seems like tukan's libarary was being used by DD jsfx bundle. SO when reaper went to read the tukan library it read the first version of that file it saw. He later fixed it but that was my experience could be something is using a modified version of Tukans library and reaper is using that for all Tukan fx. Hope that helps
mequaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 12:04 PM   #973
Diamondrecords

Quote:
Originally Posted by mequaz View Post
That happened to me it seems like tukan's libarary was being used by DD jsfx bundle. SO when reaper went to read the tukan library it read the first version of that file it saw. He later fixed it but that was my experience could be something is using a modified version of Tukans library and reaper is using that for all Tukan fx. Hope that helps

That's exactly it. I deleted D jsfx bundle from the resource path and reopened reaper and now Tukanoplex tape echo shows up. Many thanks!
Old 06-11-2024, 08:58 AM   #974
pitufodelbosque

Default SumChannel S2 MPC vuMeter

I have noticed that the output volume on the MPC does not match the output on the internal VUmeter (on the MPC it indicates a higher volume).

Any idea? or is it a wrong impression of mine?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-13-2024, 07:55 AM   #975
EduSerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitufodelbosque View Post
I have noticed that the output volume on the MPC does not match the output on the internal VUmeter (on the MPC it indicates a higher volume).

Any idea? or is it a wrong impression of mine?

Thanks in advance
In what plugin?
Old 06-13-2024, 02:58 PM   #976
McNumplet

Default Where is Guitar Station?

Hi

Great plugins.
I installed everything as per instructions and everything works fine.
However, where is Guitar station?
I got Guitar Amp, but this seems like a short version of Guitar Station?
What am I too stupid to figure out?
McNumplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 08:51 AM   #977
pitufodelbosque

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduSerra View Post
In what plugin?
Lo pone el título, el SumChannel S2.

En el MPC me indica un volumen mayor. Ya me dirás si es cosa mía o no.

Un saludo
Old 06-20-2024, 10:24 AM   #978
EduSerra

Quote:
Lo pone el título, el SumChannel S2.

En el MPC me indica un volumen mayor. Ya me dirás si es cosa mía o no.

Un saludo
Hi. I tested with a tone generator before the SumChannel and the readings of the VU meter are the same in the open plugin window and the embedded MCP and respond to the VU callibration with no problems.

I have 2 bugs, would you please check if its only me?

1. Mousewheel don' t work over the knobs in the stacked compressors NC/LA, etc.
2. Cannot get the dropdown menu for groups, Desks, etc over MCP when right clicking on the embedded plugin VU meter, neither on TCP.
Old 06-20-2024, 02:14 PM   #979
pitufodelbosque

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduSerra View Post
Hi. I tested with a tone generator before the SumChannel and the readings of the VU meter are the same in the open plugin window and the embedded MCP and respond to the VU callibration with no problems.

I have 2 bugs, would you please check if its only me?

1. Mousewheel don' t work over the knobs in the stacked compressors NC/LA, etc.
2. Cannot get the dropdown menu for groups, Desks, etc over MCP when right clicking on the embedded plugin VU meter, neither on TCP.

Neither to me
Old 06-22-2024, 10:13 PM   #980
FrancisJohn

Default Attack/Release Timings

Are there easily findable lists of the attack and release ranges for the following compressors:

LA-2KAN S2
NC76 S2
SumBus S2
VariBus Comp S2
VCA Compressor S2
FrancisJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 09:55 PM   #981
DaniloVillanova

Hi, I've been trying Sum Channel, sounds great!

The Q factor of the default eq is a little odd. I think the curve is too extreme. If you increase it a little it seems it goes straight into very narrow Q. I may be wrong, but is it possible that the scaling is a bit off?

Also, on T-EQ, the freq values' tooltip doesn't show frequency, but a value from 0 to 1.

This suite should be stock and Cockos should put your face on the splash screen!
Old 06-29-2024, 02:34 PM   #982
AudioBabble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniloVillanova View Post
Hi, I've been trying Sum Channel, sounds great!

The Q factor of the default eq is a little odd. I think the curve is too extreme. If you increase it a little it seems it goes straight into very narrow Q. I may be wrong, but is it possible that the scaling is a bit off?
How are you testing this? I just tried it with white noise into a spectrum analyzer -- compared against ReEq with the exact same settings, it appears to give the same curves!
Old 06-30-2024, 12:06 AM   #983
mschnell

I did have a random problem with the Q-factor changing to very narrow when loading a saved project. But this bug seems to have mended with new versions. But AFAIK it still hits when loading older projects.
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2024, 07:52 AM   #984
DaniloVillanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioBabble View Post
How are you testing this? I just tried it with white noise into a spectrum analyzer -- compared against ReEq with the exact same settings, it appears to give the same curves!
Was doing listening tests (no analyzer) comparing with analog emulations. I guess Sum Channel Q values aren't as fat as theirs.
Old 07-01-2024, 11:01 AM   #985
AudioBabble

Quote:
Was doing listening tests (no analyzer) comparing with analog emulations. I guess Sum Channel Q values aren't as fat as theirs.
Interesting... I just checked Sum Channel (S2) against Brainworx 9000J SSL with the same method (white noise & spectrum analyzer).

Indeed, with a Q of 1.5 at 282hz and +18db gain, the brainworx plugin does have a wider curve and actually shows a slightly higher peak level.

[bear in mind these are static images of waveforms that are actually moving about a bit]

^^Sum Channel

^^Brainworx

I guess that's the 'emulation' at work in the brainworx plugin, whereas Sum Channel is probably just doing EQ 'normally'?

I've no idea if Sum Channel is supposed to emulate anything... but it does seem to agree with ReEq and therefore is probably the 'usual' EQ formulas without any modification.

I have found Brainworx 9000J to seem to have more 'impact' than other EQs or even channel emulations... the wider curves, extra peak level (and saturation too) probably help to give this impression. So, maybe it's all snake oil, but I have to say I like using it!

Last edited by AudioBabble; 07-01-2024 at 11:16 AM.
AudioBabble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 12:38 PM   #986
DaniloVillanova

All plugin eqs are digital, the only 'magic' is the added saturation. There are plenty of videos of people matching the curves of analog emulations with Fabfilter Pro Q and they sound the same. The different between SummChannel and the bx plug is probably just different Q values. Analog eqs tend to have very wide Q's, making them sound more 'musical', meaning you can add more gain without them becoming resonant.

There are also different types of filters (IIR, IR) that do sound different. Some eqs do more than one filter type. ReaEQ is IIR and ReEQ is FIR, I believe.

Dynamic convolution type eqs from Acustica and others do sound different, even when you match curves, because they're sampling the nuances of real hardware devices. They have a free pultec and a baxter eq, both of them are nice.
Old 07-05-2024, 06:29 PM   #987
Rockum

Default Tukan plugins you would recommend for a default track template

I asked this in the main forum, but this is probably a better place to get feedback specific to Tukan options. What Tukan plugins would you recommend I consider for placement on a default track template?

I also love Analog Obsession and Airwindows, but I am hoping you guys could give me some great advice on the Tukan side of things. SumChannel is really great all on its own, but are there others I should consider including in the template?

I want to be able to assign the most important parameters of the plugins you suggest to a remote controller surface. I have about 20 unassigned encoders, 15 unassigned faders and 32 unassigned buttons to work with.
Rockum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 10:47 PM   #988
mindlessgenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockum View Post
I asked this in the main forum, but this is probably a better place to get feedback specific to Tukan options. What Tukan plugins would you recommend I consider for placement on a default track template?
Hard to say without knowing what you use default tracks for. Do you record live instruments, do you work with MIDI, etc.?

From my own anecdotal experience the one I use most often is Tool S2 to quickly push things around in the stereo field or dial in mid/side proportions. You can work really fast with that thing. Also if you load the embedded UI on the TCP or MCP you get a nice large comfy volume control/display for gain-staging.
mindlessgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 05:20 AM   #989
Steviekeys

Quote:
All plugin eqs are digital, the only 'magic' is the added saturation. There are plenty of videos of people matching the curves of analog emulations with Fabfilter Pro Q and they sound the same. The different between SummChannel and the bx plug is probably just different Q values. Analog eqs tend to have very wide Q's, making them sound more 'musical', meaning you can add more gain without them becoming resonant.

There are also different types of filters (IIR, IR) that do sound different. Some eqs do more than one filter type. ReaEQ is IIR and ReEQ is FIR, I believe.

Dynamic convolution type eqs from Acustica and others do sound different, even when you match curves, because they're sampling the nuances of real hardware devices. They have a free pultec and a baxter eq, both of them are nice.
I believe most of the eq shapes from ReEQ are using a State Variable Filter, which is IIR. I'm guessing the 6dB and 18dB slopes have an additional simple one pole high or low pass filter added as SVF is always two pole (including shelves and bells).
Steviekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 08:26 AM   #990
mschnell

AFAIU, doing FIR filters needs FFT and that introduces latency (which of course is compensated by the DAW). Hence e.g. ReaEQ is IIR.

AFAIU, FIR filters make sense if you want linear phase behavior. (In fact I don't know why you might want this, but there certainly are applications.
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 11:58 AM   #991
MustardTiger

Default SumBus S2 bug?

The det hpf knob on SumBus S2's comp is not working for me. I've even confirmed with a null test. Would anyone be willing to try it on their end?
MustardTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 12:36 PM   #992
Steviekeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
AFAIU, doing FIR filters needs FFT and that introduces latency (which of course is compensated by the DAW). Hence e.g. ReaEQ is IIR.

AFAIU, FIR filters make sense if you want linear phase behavior. (In fact I don't know why you might want this, but there certainly are applications.

IIR filters can be made with a single (or double) sample delay with feedback.

FIR filters can be made with just short delays and no feedback. (Or FFT???)
Steviekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 05:37 PM   #993
Rockum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindlessgenius View Post
Hard to say without knowing what you use default tracks for. Do you record live instruments, do you work with MIDI, etc.?

From my own anecdotal experience the one I use most often is Tool S2 to quickly push things around in the stereo field or dial in mid/side proportions. You can work really fast with that thing. Also if you load the embedded UI on the TCP or MCP you get a nice large comfy volume control/display for gain-staging.
It's not exactly for me. Well it is and isn't. I am hoping to make a really good MIDI controller setup for the Tascam DM4800 and a channel strip control is one of the things I want it to do. Hoping people will find it generally useful.

Last edited by Rockum; 07-07-2024 at 06:38 AM.
Rockum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 01:38 AM   #994
pitufodelbosque

New TUKAN video series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QXAe5Dundw
Old 07-07-2024, 07:25 AM   #995
User41

Quote:
Wow. The videos are really well done.

Tukan is a first ballot Reaper hall of famer.
User41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 03:50 AM   #996
MustardTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardTiger View Post
The det hpf knob on SumBus S2's comp is not working for me. I've even confirmed with a null test. Would anyone be willing to try it on their end?
Please! Someone! I'm begging here!
Old 07-09-2024, 04:09 AM   #997
sockmonkey72

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardTiger View Post
Please! Someone! I'm begging here!
Beg and ye shall receive. No, it's not working correctly. There are a bunch of typos in the code related to the HPF control, but even after fixing them, the control isn't working as I'd expect. It'd take me 10x longer than John to understand and fix the problem, though, so I'll leave it at a confirmation.
Old 07-09-2024, 04:25 AM   #998
MustardTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey72 View Post
Beg and ye shall receive. No, it's not working correctly. There are a bunch of typos in the code related to the HPF control, but even after fixing them, the control isn't working as I'd expect. It'd take me 10x longer than John to understand and fix the problem, though, so I'll leave it at a confirmation.
I greatly appreciate the response! I'm wondering if this is a known issue, if it's worth sending out a PM to him or what.
Old 07-09-2024, 08:26 AM   #999
AudioBabble

Love these plugs, and appreciate hugely the hard work that goes into them.

However, I have a very basic FR --

Two things that are fairly fundamental (in my book anyway), but missing:

1. right-click on a control opens text input for value

2. double-click on a control (konbs & sliders) returns value to default

That's how most things generally work in Reaper, and a large number of other plugins. Both are very useful.
Old 07-09-2024, 03:23 PM   #1000
westie07

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioBabble View Post

2. double-click on a control (konbs & sliders) returns value to default

That's how most things generally work in Reaper, and a large number of other plugins. Both are very useful.
Its probably common knowledge, but with John's plugins, CTRL+LMB will reset values to default. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

rob
westie07 is offline   Reply With Quote