Old 06-21-2022, 05:28 AM   #1
41TWIN
Human being with feelings

Default New song from 41TWIN for June 2022

A song about problems.

I had problems with this one mixing too. I think some of the tracking wasn't as good on this one. IDK..... Was a fun song to do though. Frustration outlet.

Comments on mix are welcomed. Lot to learn. I'm a slow learner and not very technical. LOL.

https://41twin.bandcamp.com/track/1-2-3
41TWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:13 AM   #2
msundh

Liked this one too
Mix wise: the bass might be a tiny bit lower.
Regarding all stuff that happens in the song, I was expecting some crazy ending
Old 06-21-2022, 11:47 AM   #3
41TWIN

yeah might be a bit anti climactic. lol. needs the hindenberg blowing up or something.

Thanks for the feedback!!!!!
Old 06-22-2022, 10:44 AM   #4
tjw1979

I really like this and I think you've definitely got your own thing going on with your licks and singing, which is the aim I guess so yeah you've got your own sound on your songs so that's a big plus.

I like the use of panning and the clear vocals and harmonies. Everything sounds good to me. I take songs for what they are and appreciate them as they are innline wirh the artists vision. There's so much good music being made by independent artists it's more rewarding for me personally to check stuff like this out in the grassroots than major artists.

The bass is nice and melodic and provides a good backbone to the feel of the track.

I hear hints of rhcp and the Beatles but only hints and nothing that sounds derivative.

Good job man! Sounds great on my 7506s! Keep at it
tjw1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:47 AM   #5
barrymk

Quote:
Originally Posted by msundh View Post
Liked this one too
Mix wise: the bass might be a tiny bit lower.
Regarding all stuff that happens in the song, I was expecting some crazy ending
Er You can never have too much bass...........
Old 06-24-2022, 09:05 AM   #6
41TWIN

Who is rhcp?

i thought i found a place locally that had the 7506s, but it was a bust. i may need to order cuz im not gonna be by my guitar center 40 miles away in a while.

im part of panners anonymous. its not working. i cant help myself.

thank u for the compliments and im the same way. not a lot of music that is popular is as fun as listening to others here and such.

i have admitted to being a pop music lover though. i blame my daughter. harry styles new album i love.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:10 AM   #7
41TWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrymk View Post
Er You can never have too much bass...........
lol. i will keep that in mind. many others i know feel the sane way. i love it too. i run my mixes by this kid in the country band i play in. he records his own music too. he tells me my bass is too loud every song. but hes also more focused on guitar and his mixes sound that way to me. for me its drums and vocals first. bass next. guitars and other melodies are to support the vocals but not be the star. MOST of the time thats my philosophy. i break it sometimes though.

sometimes after mixing a song for a long time, it all starts to be like, i have no clue what to do. its easy to get too close to it. im trying to do a really good job and make the songs come across good to others. but sometimes i gotta just chill and be like, it is what it is.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:49 AM   #8
tjw1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41TWIN View Post
Who is rhcp?

i thought i found a place locally that had the 7506s, but it was a bust. i may need to order cuz im not gonna be by my guitar center 40 miles away in a while.

im part of panners anonymous. its not working. i cant help myself.

thank u for the compliments and im the same way. not a lot of music that is popular is as fun as listening to others here and such.

i have admitted to being a pop music lover though. i blame my daughter. harry styles new album i love.
Red hot chili pepper, more specifically Flea/frusciante. This may not be the case at all so take it with a pinch of salt. I hear it in your other tracks a shade as well although this may be down to the strat sound/tone. Maybe hear a pinch of grandaddy, but yeah pinch of salt all this is through my mind's eye

The panning works, just gives stuff that extra width and dimension.
Ah that's a shame regarding the headphones, may be worth checking eBay for a deal. Someone on a music forum I frequent was selling a pair semi recently that I almost bought for backup.
tjw1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:51 PM   #9
41TWIN

i knew it would be something obvious. i owned mothers milk when it came out and tried to play like flea a time or two. that was early in my playing so i couldnt do what they did, even just to play along.

i have a weird relationship with the neck pup on a strat or fender in general. my ears tell me i love the sound. my mind tells me i dont want to sound like a jimi / frusciante disciple or wanna be. i dont even really love either of their music. however, i grew up loving Prince. So like my two favorite bands pre 99 was prince and the pixies and throw in the beatles. (cant forget them) but i listen to and love a lot of music. its just i dont usually love multiple songs by a LOT of bands. post 99 its even more varied but i could argue any band i like a lot has been influenced by prince/ the pixies and of course the beatles.

im not sure what my point is other than trying to explain my influences. its not that easy really. i like good music. lol. i care less about if it was popular or not popular. just by what the song speaks to me. at some point or another.

one thing i try to do is sound different every song. thats easier said than done. and even if i did achieve it i think some people wanna hear a certain sound. idk. at some point im likely not making any sense.