Old 06-10-2022, 09:23 AM   #1
tonalstates
Human being with feelings

Default v6.60+dev0610a - June 10 2022

v6.60+dev0610a - June 10 2022
  • # Media item fixed lanes: fix some lane solo button mouse hit testing problems

v6.60+dev0610 - June 10 2022
  • * Includes feature branch: various drawing integer overflow fixes with non-sensical values [t=267310]
  • * Includes feature branch: fixed lane play markers
  • * Includes feature branch: improve experimental silent-track CPU reduction option to include FX tail length
  • * Includes feature branch: media item fixed lanes
  • * Includes feature branch: internal pin management overhaul for future extension
  • + MIDI: fix key signature export [t=267626]
  • + Master track: fix loudness meter readout tooltip
  • + Video: fix some WMF decoding issues that were un-fixed by a different WMF decoding fix in v6.60
  • + macOS/Linux: cleanup internal thread management, avoid potentially incorrect pthread_join calls
  • + macOS: fix potential deadlock when using AVFoundation decoding on a track that does not use media buffering [t=267563]
  • # Media item fixed lanes: all lane solo header button behaviors happen on mousedown rather than mouseup
  • # Media item fixed lanes: don't unsolo all lanes when in collapsed lane view [p=2567516]
  • # Media item fixed lanes: fix envelope lane faint peaks display when lanes are collapsed
  • # Media item fixed lanes: fix hidden items being included in marquee selection
  • # Media item fixed lanes: fix initiating pencil-draw when lanes are collapsed
  • # Media item fixed lanes: fix moving media items from non-laned tracks to tracks with hidden lanes
  • # Media item fixed lanes: fix moving razor edits from non-laned tracks to tracks with hidden lanes
  • # Media item fixed lanes: fix positioning of imported media when lanes are collapsed
  • # Media item fixed lanes: fix positioning of newly recorded items when lanes are collapsed
  • # Media item fixed lanes: retain lane play marker state even if track only has one lane
  • # Render: fix LUFS-I display when rendering multiple regions [t=267627]
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode

Last edited by schwa; 06-10-2022 at 10:25 AM.
tonalstates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:35 AM   #2
tonalstates

Weird, when inserting a track I just select it and it automatically goes to fixed item lane mode with the stripe under

Old 06-10-2022, 09:45 AM   #3
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonalstates View Post
Weird, when inserting a track I just select it and it automatically goes to fixed item lane mode with the stripe under
Ah, the bug is triggered by clicking on the right edge of the TCP. You can avoid the behavior by not clicking there.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:45 AM   #4
Ven Adams

Every time I press the Mute/Solo button, the fixed lines function is activated

Update - tonalstates has already posted this "bug"
Ven Adams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:54 AM   #5
schwa
Administrator

Pff, new build coming soon, sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:57 AM   #6
RobinGShore

Moving a single lanes item or items from any lane other than the first one onto a track that doesn't have lanes activates fixed lanes for that tracks, though it doesn't place the item in the lane it was in on the old track. Is this intended?
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:59 AM   #7
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
Moving a single lanes item or items from any lane other than the first one onto a track that doesn't have lanes activates fixed lanes for that tracks, though it doesn't place the item in the lane it was in on the old track. Is this intended?
It is. The idea is that an item that is on lane X wants to be on lane X, so if you move it to a track that does not have a lane X, then lane X will be created for it.
Old 06-10-2022, 10:06 AM   #8
ovnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
It is. The idea is that an item that is on lane X wants to be on lane X, so if you move it to a track that does not have a lane X, then lane X will be created for it.
I don't like very much this behavior because when I use Reaper, I never want that item on lane x wants to be on lane x when I move this item.

Is it possible to have an option, please?
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:14 AM   #9
bolgwrad

# Render: fix LUFS-I display when rendering multiple regions [t=267627]

AOK now, thanks Schwa
Old 06-10-2022, 10:16 AM   #10
RobinGShore

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Gotcha. I understand the idea here, but I still find the actual behavior confusing, as when I move items with the mouse, what your describing isn't exactly what's happening.

If I move an item on lane 2 to a new track with no lanes, it doesn't create a lane 2 in the new track and place the item there, it puts the item on lane 1 and just adds the hashed area at the bottom.
Old 06-10-2022, 10:25 AM   #11
schwa
Administrator

The build is now updated to +dev0610a to fix the TCP mouse hit testing problem.
Old 06-10-2022, 10:36 AM   #12
tonalstates

Thank you schwa! fastest coder in the west. It works now and also the bug I reported yesterday seems to be fixed too, awesome!
Old 06-10-2022, 10:54 AM   #13
Sexan

This still happens when track is scrolled a bit out of view:
Sexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 11:00 AM   #14
Sexan

"Play all lanes" option is not working if you are not hovering lane button (rest works):
Old 06-10-2022, 11:08 AM   #15
Sexan

Something funky:

Not sure whats designed behavior with lanes (not for destination track but moving it back to single lane) but mouse movement is funky.

I guess its designed to return to lanes mode since lanes are sticky (what you explained in some pre before)

But again, mouse movement is funky here
Old 06-10-2022, 11:09 AM   #16
bolgwrad

Quote:
If I move an item on lane 2 to a new track with no lanes, it doesn't create a lane 2 in the new track and place the item there, it puts the item on lane 1 and just adds the hashed area at the bottom.
If you drag an item 'assigned to' track lane 2 thru n to another plain track or even below the bottom track, you get the option to assign that item to a lane from 2 thru n before placing it, while an item from lane 1 just places in a track - unless you drag it to the hash area. Works for me.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:09 AM   #17
BirdBird

Quote:
# Media item fixed lanes: all lane solo header button behaviors happen on mousedown rather than mouseup
Thank you! Working great now
BirdBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 11:17 AM   #18
Sexan

resize track is toggling lane collapse button
Old 06-10-2022, 11:24 AM   #19
RobinGShore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgwrad View Post
If you drag an item 'assigned to' track lane 2 thru n to another plain track or even below the bottom track, you get the option to assign that item to a lane from 2 thru n before placing it, while an item from lane 1 just places in a track - unless you drag it to the hash area. Works for me.
Ok, I guess it does makes sense that you should have the option to place the item on a new lane while dragging it, but I feel like if you drop the item on lane one, the track should revert back to a plain old single lane track once you release the mouse.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:26 AM   #20
RobinGShore

When lanes are collapsed, it would be helpful if there was still a visual indication on the right edge of the tcp for which lane is currently active. Could the lane selector that shows up when a tracks height is minimized be used for collapsed lanes as well?
Old 06-10-2022, 11:29 AM   #21
ovnis

Quote:
And if you want to drag an item which is not on the 1 lane on an another track without modifying the track to fixed track, how do you do?

When you move an item from a fixed lane to a new track, do you want often to move item on a new fixed lane?
Old 06-10-2022, 11:36 AM   #22
musicbynumbers

Quote:
When lanes are collapsed, it would be helpful if there was still a visual indication on the right edge of the tcp for which lane is currently active. Could the lane selector that shows up when a tracks height is minimized be used for collapsed lanes as well?
Agreed and also the arrows maybe as a quick way of changing which lane is soloed?
Old 06-10-2022, 01:55 PM   #23
Sexan

1. Enable fixed lanes
2. Select lane via menu

Collapse appears

Regarding UI, will there be some permanent button to enable/disable (just to be more obvious feature)?

1. ATM you need to enable it via right click menu, only indication that its now enabled is the "ADD LANE" area and TCP gets extended on all tracks but only 1 track is enabled
2. If you have multiple lanes you get collapse icon (which is great indicator when you are collapsed to 1 lane)
3. if you are collapsed to 1 lane then fixed lane checkbox it not ticked but there is an icon

currently there is a little mixture of elements here

Both tracks in lane mode, one has fixed lane checkbox ticked other one does not even both have enabled mode

At least IMHO collapse button should appear no matter you have 1 or 5 lanes if fixed lanes are enabled. Is there any harm regarding functionality?

Last edited by Sexan; 06-10-2022 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:22 PM   #24
bolgwrad

@RobinGShore and @Ovnis; I see your point. I think the rationale is that lane one is your final comp lane for a track: it's where all your comp selections will end up via play markers. So when you've done a comp on lane 1, you drag that to a new track.

How often would you want to duplicate a take - a sub-item, if you like, ie a take you want to comp from - into a single track? With this system you can just drag all your 'sub-items' into a new track and they're ready to do an alternative comp.

If you want a 'sub-item' to go to a non-lane track just drag it to the top lane first.
{edit] Hold shift + drag the item, it goes to lane 1 in the new (FIL) track, whatever lane it comes from.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:33 PM   #25
MisterLevy

Just wondering if there is any option or way to hide the yellow dash area between each lane to allow more space to see the wave form in the items? And then use an action or mouse modifier to select which lane segment plays? 😊🙏
MisterLevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 03:16 PM   #26
ovnis

Quote:
@RobinGShore and @Ovnis; I see your point. I think the rationale is that lane one is your final comp lane for a track: it's where all your comp selections will end up via play markers. So when you've done a comp on lane 1, you drag that to a new track.
Fixed tracks can be used for far other things than comp.

My main use: when I want apply same effects on different samples (for drums for example), for each sample, I can use one fixed lane (for example: lane 1 for HH_1.wav, lane 2 for HHO_2.wav).

If for example, I want to test others effects on theses samples, I can put theses samples on another tracks... Or if theses sample are on the lane 2, 3, etc. it can create a fixed track against my will (if I don't do the right procedure).

Quote:
How often would you want to duplicate a take - a sub-item, if you like, ie a take you want to comp from - into a single track?
Very often!

Quote:
If you want a 'sub-item' to go to a non-lane track just drag it to the top lane first.
{edit] Hold shift + drag the item, it goes to lane 1 in the new (FIL) track, whatever lane it comes from.
It's longer and more fastidious because we have to move samples on the first lane, release them, select them again (we can make error when offset overlaping is enabled), then drag & drop them on the good track.

When you move an item from a fixed lane to a new track, do you want often to move item on a new fixed track?

Last edited by ovnis; 06-10-2022 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:50 PM   #27
bolgwrad

@ovnis I agree. The option to do a thing or not is ideal. I think 'shift+drag a fixed-lane item' to place that item, lane-unassigned, in a non-MIFL track would work, leaving the current behaviour intact.
Old 06-10-2022, 05:27 PM   #28
ovnis

Quote:
@ovnis I agree. The option to do a thing or not is ideal. I think 'shift+drag a fixed-lane item' to place that item, lane-unassigned, in a non-MIFL track would work, leaving the current behaviour intact.
A mouse modifier would be nice. Indeed.
Old 06-11-2022, 06:12 AM   #29
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
At least IMHO collapse button should appear no matter you have 1 or 5 lanes if fixed lanes are enabled. Is there any harm regarding functionality?
The collapse button does not appear* where there is only one lane, so collapsing the lanes would revert the track to a regular, non-laned track with no additional state, because in that situation the collapse button would disappear anyway after clicking it.

* It's a corner case when you have one lane and that lane is soloed; in that case there is some additional state but the additional state doesn't affect anything. Maybe we'll add special handling for that case but it's not really a priority.
Old 06-11-2022, 06:31 AM   #30
Edgemeal

This is still happening, if you try to adjust a media item content (ALT+Drag) the play markers get re-selected and also move. Here I move markers, click the arrange to unselect them, import a wav, add some envelopes, then when I try to adjust the contents of that wav then markers get re-selected and move. This only happens the first time so has to be a bug right?

Clean portable install on Win10_x64.
Note: If you move an item this doesn't happen, so one workaround is to move an item, undo, and then adjust media content.

Last edited by Edgemeal; 06-11-2022 at 06:54 AM.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote