Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
themixtape
Human being with feelings

Default Just bought personal license for Reaper, and feel good about it!

Been into the program since 2008. Used version 2 for about a day (ugly interface, limited functionality), but then got into version 3 shortly after. Used to think Reaper was kind of lame, but man, since version 4, I've been more and more impressed with it. I use it daily in my job (music teacher) especially for changing the tunings of songs on the fly (Eb songs played in standard so I and the kids don't have to retune-- and, most annoyingly, songs that are like 25 to 40 cents sharp or flat, like older classic rock tunes)... ReaPitch is a life-saver, and a breeze to use... and keeps the exact same song tempo (god, that's nice).

Looping is great, routing is awesome... using midi arpeggiators such as Kirnu is a piece of cake... and the best thing is, Reaper is rock-solid stable. I mean like whoa.

So yay, I finally sprung for a personal license. Totally worth it.

Now here's my question-- I know I can hide my name in the title bar, but I was wondering if I could change it in the registration info. Any idea how to change this? Would Cockos be ok with the name change since I bought a license?

Thanks gang... glad to be here! I'm still trying to ween myself off of Cakewalk Sonar X1 Essential (been a Home Studio user since version 6 years ago)... Sonar X1 crashed like a million times for me the other day while doing something simple, so I'm like "ok, there's Reaper, always patiently waiting for me to come to the light."

Last edited by themixtape; 07-20-2023 at 07:05 PM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
hopi

if your name is so kewl, just leave it off reaper and rely on your kewl clients and friends being able to remember it...
Old 06-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
themixtape

I wouldn't say it's cool, I just would like to use a different name, or even a nickname for my home studio.

Last edited by themixtape; 07-20-2023 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
CaptainHook

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Now here's my question-- I know I can hide my name in the title bar, but I was wondering if I could change it in the registration info, because in music/performance, I have a much cooler name than on my Paypal account (which is my revolting and horribly mispronounced birth name). Any idea how to change this? Would Cockos be ok with the name change since I bought a license?
Hey, i actually did this by emailing Cockos support and asking if i could change my registration name to CaptainHook since that is what i'm known as in the industry here. They replied promptly with a new license. No hassle for me!
Old 01-20-2019, 04:43 PM   #5
connorhawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Been into the program since 2008. Used version 2 for about a day (ugly interface, limited functionality), but then got into version 3 shortly after. Used to think Reaper was kind of lame, but man, since version 4, I've been more and more impressed with it. I use it daily in my job (private music instructor), especially for changing the tunings of songs on the fly (Eb songs played in standard so I and the kids don't have to retune-- and, most annoyingly, songs that are like 25 to 40 cents sharp or flat, like older classic rock tunes)... ReaPitch is a life-saver, and a breeze to use... and keeps the exact same song tempo (god, that's nice).

Looping is great, routing is awesome... using midi arpeggiators such as Kirnu is a piece of cake... and the best thing is, Reaper is rock-solid stable. I mean like whoa.

So yay, I finally sprung for a personal license. Totally worth it.

Now here's my question-- I know I can hide my name in the title bar, but I was wondering if I could change it in the registration info, because in music/performance, I have a much cooler name than on my Paypal account (which is my revolting and horribly mispronounced birth name). Any idea how to change this? Would Cockos be ok with the name change since I bought a license?

Thanks gang... glad to be here! I'm still trying to ween myself off of Cakewalk Sonar X1 Essential (been a Home Studio user since version 6 years ago)... Sonar X1 crashed like a million times for me the other day while doing something simple, so I'm like "ok, there's Reaper, always patiently waiting for me to come to the light."

-Chris
themixtape
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
Hey, i actually did this by emailing Cockos support and asking if i could change my registration name to CaptainHook since that is what i'm known as in the industry here. They replied promptly with a new license. No hassle for me!
themixtape, have you tried CaptainHook’s suggestion yet? I emailed them a week ago, followed up a few days later, and still have yet to hear back.
connorhawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:55 PM   #6
Bazzbass

well seeing as you used Reaper for TEN YEARS without paying for it I reckon you should suck it up and shut up about your "problem". And you were making money from it so should pay for a commercial license. You really are cheap aren't you? pfffft
Old 01-21-2019, 06:39 AM   #7
mplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzbass View Post
well seeing as you used Reaper for TEN YEARS without paying for it I reckon you should suck it up and shut up about your "problem". And you were making money from it so should pay for a commercial license. You really are cheap aren't you? pfffft
It’s an old topic, just saying
mplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:07 AM   #8
Bazzbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplay View Post
It’s an old topic, just saying
IT WAS STILL 4 YEARS ROTFL.................
Old 06-19-2019, 07:43 AM   #9
themixtape

Bazzbass, no need to be rude. I didn't use Reaper for even 4 years (at that time). I checked it out in 2008 for a few days and hated it. And I messed with it for about a week in 2009 and hated it, still. When I was aware of version 4 (early 2012), I downloaded the demo. I used it for a couple months (daily) and bought a license, as everyone should.

I don't make the kind of income that would warrant a commercial license. Not even close.

Reaper is great... 7 years later, still loving versions 4 and 5.

To answer the question in case anyone is curious.... what CaptainHook suggested above is what worked for me. I emailed licensing@cockos.com and asked them to change the name and they within a day, emailed me a new license key with the correct info. Hope it works for anyone who wants to do the same!

Last edited by themixtape; 06-19-2019 at 07:49 AM.