Old 06-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #41
sounds@hounds
Human being with feelings

Default Key Rig

Mc UB and Talissman have been really helpful and I'm nearly there with this (swoon...) BUT with Key Rig I only seem to have 2 outs so all the audio comes out together on VSTi out 1.
Anyone got round this in Key Rig please???
sounds@hounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #42
flight

Default Loopazoid issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by givem-fear View Post
Template for LoopAZoid, using four stereo-outs. No drumset loaded.

Kick to 1/2
Snare to 3/4
HiHat/Ride/Cymbals to 5/6
Toms to 7/8
Speaking of Loopazoid, have been giving it a try, and yesterday when I first loaded it up and loaded some samples, I could just click on the buttons in the UI and hear the sample, as expected. Today, nada. All other audio is fine, but apparently no MIDI playback. Haven't changed any settings that I'm aware of. Anyone else having problems with MIDI playback, or just Loopazoid? If I can get this thing working, I'm a dyed in the wool Reapazoid for sure!
flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #43
flight

Oh, and before I forget, schwa et. al. - the midi "drum mapping" thing is awesome, and the timing impeccable. Great job and thanks. Now if I can just get some sound out of it....
flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:33 PM   #44
user1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikter View Post
WEll, I've seen those tracks that really work, but I've found a problem trying to do my own. I've done using the 1st track to put the first Stereo Out and the VSTi (midi), but when i create the next tracks I get no output.
I can use a send from a folder track but, in this case, it happens that Snares sounds but Hats Doesn´t... it's very strange.

Thinkig about it, it would be great that the folder track was the 1st stereo and the next foldered tracks sound as they should.
I can't imaagine why it doesn´t work. I tryed that yesterday at parent's home but today it doesn't work.
I believe this is because you'd get feedback if you had the VSTi on the folder track, sending to the children, then receiving them from the children (necessarily, because they are children)

You can check this for yourself by checking/unchecking "allow feedback in routing" in the project prefs. I don't recommend leaving this checked though, it's far too easy to actually blow your speakers/ears through feedback (which hits hard and fast).
user1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:56 PM   #45
user1

Here's the template I use, containing MIDI tracks in a separate folder from the audio so they can be kept open while the audio folder is closed to save space.

Of course, if you don't have multiple MIDI tracks, then you can just delete them and put them on the AUDIO/VSTi track.

The hyphens are there because it makes the beginning of each instrument easier to spot in the routing list.

I think I was smart and removed the MIDI tracks from the mixer already.

Hope it is useful.
Attached Files
File Type: rtracktemplate VSTi-Multi-8StereoOut-4MIDIin.RTrackTemplate (7.4 KB, 1087 views)
Old 07-08-2007, 07:36 AM   #46
Ready Acoustics

Does anyone have a DFHS (proper) template they'd be kind enough to post?

Thanks so much,

~ J
Ready Acoustics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:17 AM   #47
dancerchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready Acoustics View Post
Does anyone have a DFHS (proper) template they'd be kind enough to post?

Thanks so much,

~ J
Ditto for me tooo.
dancerchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:03 AM   #48
Sleep opposed

Ive tried following the tutorials as well as a bit of experimentation, but so far no 100% success with making an ezdrummer dfh template. I use this quite a bit so i thought id give it a shot. Ive attached it for anyone whos interested.

It does seem to work insofar as providing 7 seperate out's (kick, snare, hats, toms, o'head, room, comp) but when i solo a track...nothing.

Even though im sure the routing and flexibility of reaper is superb, for me personally, it makes my head hurt. Its just one of those things i can never quite "get".

Like maths and music theory!

If anyone feels like having a look at seeing where im going wrong, that would be much appreciated!

Oh, and Reaper is incredible! But ill keep my praise for another thread.
Attached Files
File Type: rtracktemplate EZD dfh 7out.RTrackTemplate (8.4 KB, 923 views)
Sleep opposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:42 AM   #49
billybk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep opposed View Post
It does seem to work insofar as providing 7 seperate out's (kick, snare, hats, toms, o'head, room, comp) but when i solo a track...nothing.

Try my EZD Vintage Rock template (link is in the 12th post of this thread). Just load the DFH kit in place of the Vintage Rock. This should work the way you want. Just use this as a template for any other EZD kits or other multi-out synth setups.
I just picked up the Twisted Kit & Claustiphobic kits and I'll be adding those specfic track templates, as well. They both have a lot more mixer tracks than any previous EZX.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #50
Bevosss

Quote:
Ive tried following the tutorials as well as a bit of experimentation, but so far no 100% success with making an ezdrummer dfh template. I use this quite a bit so i thought id give it a shot. Ive attached it for anyone whos interested.

Even though im sure the routing and flexibility of reaper is superb, for me personally, it makes my head hurt. Its just one of those things i can never quite "get".

Like maths and music theory!

If anyone feels like having a look at seeing where im going wrong, that would be much appreciated!

Oh, and Reaper is incredible! But ill keep my praise for another thread.
I've got an EZ Drummer DFH template on my other computer, I'll post it when I get home.

Also, just checking, in Preferences-Audio, do you have checked 'solos default to in-place solos'?

Last edited by Bevosss; 08-01-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Bevosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #51
user1

Quote:
Your routing looks fine. One of your tracks has a duplicate in.

Your prob is probably that solo is killing the folder track as well. Check the "solo defaults..." pref as Bevoss said. As I recall, one of the solo types will work on subtracks, the other won't.

BTW, you don't need to explicitly route each track up to the master (folder track) if they are in a folder. Every track in a folder automatically gets routed to the folder.

My recollection (I just use my template now) is that as long as you have:

FOLDER
--VSTi (with VST sub-channels routed to each OUT as appropriate)
--OUT1
--OUT2
--OUT3
--OUT4

The folder track will accumulate the OUT1-4s back up and send to the MASTER.

Last edited by user1; 08-01-2007 at 12:02 PM. Reason: my spaces weren't showing.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #52
Bevosss

Here you go...It's my DFH template for V drums, remapped so they are in the first 16 or so notes, kinda like midi fold in Ableton Live.

You can just delete the keymap and notename plugins if you don't need them, the template works fine standalone.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #53
Sleep opposed

thanks guys! i didnt know about that preferences thing with the soloing....

The fact the the track outs should go automatically into the track folder is a great idea. Even though it was helpful, it did seem like the tutorial i used provided a very long-winded way of getting it done. Im glad its a lot more straight foward than that.

Thanks!
Sleep opposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #54
keys61

Default Kontakt2 not going at all

Ok, I'm new to Reaper, but after Sonar6, Cubase SX3, and FL7, I,m feeling really stupid right now. There is just no way, I can hear track 2 playing. I got the Template with 8 outs, since it's the only one I could find. I have tried everything suggested on the forum, but no go.
Would there be anyone out there, who is willing to help me (step by step) make sure my setup is right, and get this thing going?
It really is the only thing that stops me buying Reaper,since I absolutely love everything about it,except for you know what.
keys61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:37 AM   #55
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by keys61 View Post
Ok, I'm new to Reaper, but after Sonar6, Cubase SX3, and FL7, I,m feeling really stupid right now. There is just no way, I can hear track 2 playing. I got the Template with 8 outs, since it's the only one I could find. I have tried everything suggested on the forum, but no go.
Would there be anyone out there, who is willing to help me (step by step) make sure my setup is right, and get this thing going?
It really is the only thing that stops me buying Reaper,since I absolutely love everything about it,except for you know what.
Try PMing Tallisman, I think he has it working. I've attached a link for a Kontakt template I picked up somewhere, I haven't used it though.

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showpost...85&postcount=2
Old 08-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #56
keys61

Thanks for the link, hope I can get it going!
keys61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:11 PM   #57
gregkg

Default Jamstix2 template

Here is a simple Jamstix2 template, I think some more tracks can be added if one wants to split up the perc. or cymbals futher. It works for me, hope it works for you. For me, before I open JS2, I need to minimize and maximize reaper first, otherwise it gets stuck. Once this is done everything seems to be working smoothly and the old docking problem that JS1 had is a thing of the past. The vst is on the last track 'Midi' On the JS2 GUI, click on KIT and then on the litte green arrow next to 'INSTALL PACK' choose Set output routing-8
Attached Files
File Type: rtracktemplate Jamstix2.RTrackTemplate (7.4 KB, 920 views)

Last edited by gregkg; 08-22-2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: add attachment and header
gregkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #58
arbogast

Default battery 3 all outputs

But you'll have to assign each cells output chan in battery 3 yourself
Attached Files
File Type: zip battery3_all_outs.zip (59.7 KB, 1012 views)
arbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #59
Pod God

Thanx for these!!!
Pod God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #60
Rex

Default GPO String Quartet Template

I found McUB's 8In-8Out template very helpful, and this template is based on that. It's for Garritan Personal Orchestra's String Quartet Multi, if anyone is interested. (Sorry about the ZIP, this file beats the 64K limit (and what is up with that limit and no RARs?!))
Attached Files
File Type: zip GPO String Quartet.zip (37.5 KB, 852 views)
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:50 AM   #61
eepyikes

Default EWQLSO-Gold Kontakt Template

Well, I was just about to add this monstrous template when I was stopped by the 64kb forum upload limit. It's about 300kb.
eepyikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:56 PM   #62
smasha

This is the only thing holding me back from using Reaper exclusively.
The multiple vsti outs selecting for different channels.

I'm having troubles with Proteus LE.
smasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:11 AM   #63
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepyikes View Post
Well, I was just about to add this monstrous template when I was stopped by the 64kb forum upload limit. It's about 300kb.
Just upload your rars to stashbox.com...it's faster and easier (especially if you use shup).
Old 02-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #64
Trogdor

I tried the Addictive drums template in reaper and i can't ge it to work at all. I get all of the channels. i put the Addictive Drums in the first one and then turn on all of the outputs(arrow down)in Addictive drums, but all I hear is the room reverb of the drums and that is it. Can anyone help me? This part of Reaper is difficult I agree as well.

Edit:

Okay ,I just figured it out. It works when using the MIDI track (Drums - MIDI), not when playing the loops in Addictive Drums.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #65
soundlimit15

Default Thanks Billoon

Thanks for the BFD templates,very useful.Its also a nice feature in Reaper that the view notes mode in the midi editor displays the BFD note layout and the notes the current groove and fills are placed on.
soundlimit15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:58 AM   #66
eyes:everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWo View Post

BTW has it really to be so complicated to insert a multi-vsti?
I mean it is much much easier in every other soft host I have ever seen.

NoWo
I have to agree with this. The way multi-out instruments open in Cubase is so easy to work with. I love Reaper and use it almost exclusively now; but I really don't know why setting up multi-out instruments is so damned awkward.

Please can somebody outline the benefits of them having to be set up in this way?? I'm all for new ways of doing things, if I can see the benefits.

Chris
Old 02-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #67
Billoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes:everywhere View Post
I'm all for new ways of doing things,...

Cool, try this.

Insert VSTi, r-click it in the FX list, choose 'Build multi-channel routing...".

Billoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:29 AM   #68
Tedwood

Default Rewire to FL Studio

Not exactly a VST multi but I think it belongs here anyway.

Here is a track template I put together for a bit of fun and it works very well for me.

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/949/Fruit%2...RTrackTemplate

It Rewires a folder of 12 midi tracks to FL Studio, you could have 16 but that would be extravagant ;-)

The folder tracks are for writing your midi parts in to send to FL channels. The faders don't work because the are not recieving any audio so to write any level changes you have to use a volume Pre FX envelope, or you could use FL Studio automation too I guess.

The resulting audio comes back through the end of folder track where you can record it into your Reaper project. There are a lot of good synths and sounds in FL Studio and 12 tracks of fruity synths uses only about as much as cpu as 2.5 VSTi's on my set up, so it makes sense to me.

For noobies

On my system it goes here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Kev\Application Data\REAPER\TrackTemplates

Also: To open folders simply click on the top left button next to "FRUIT FOLDER"

Any questions please ask, and if anyone knows how to make midi track faders work in Reaper could they also let me know.

Hope somebody finds this useful.

You can download FL Studio 8 here:

http://www.flstudio.com/documents/146.html

Last edited by Tedwood; 03-30-2008 at 06:37 AM. Reason: updated template
Tedwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #69
teej813

I haven't seen any BFD2 templates, so figured i'd post the one i use. Hope it helps someone get started. I'm sure there's lots of room for improvement, so if you do use and improve it, please let me know. I can use all the help i can get.

The BFD2 template routes a 10-piece kit (stock sounds) to stereo outs:
- Kick in & out --> Stereo 2
- Snare Top1, Top2, & Bottom --> Stereo 3
- HiHat --> Master
- Toms 1 - 4 --> Stereo 4
- Crash 1, 2, and Ride --> Stereo 5
- Overheads --> Stereo 6
- Room --> Stereo 7
- PZM --> Stereo 8

The BFD template has a bit of EQ, but that's it.

The Reaper template includes a DRUMS folder with:
- Kick
- Snare
- High Hat
- Toms
- Cymbals
- Overheads
- Room
- PZM
- track for midi part

The Reaper template has no fx in it.

Hope it helps someone.

tj
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tj-Default-Multi.zip (9.0 KB, 899 views)
File Type: zip BFD - Multi.zip (26.9 KB, 1022 views)

Last edited by teej813; 04-13-2008 at 02:59 PM.
teej813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #70
NoiseMan

Default Stylus RMX - one folder, eight tracks, basta!

Finally... don't know why this made me such a hassle, but anyway, here it is:

the Stylus RMX AiO Folder Track Template!

All you Cubendo users out there will love me.

It consists of a folder track which has a Stylus RMX in its FX chain. Within these folders are eight tracks that act as well as MIDI as also as audio tracks. This is achieved using feedback routing - logically, you must have "Allow Feedback Routing" in your project preferences enabled.

(Actually, it's not really feedback, since we route only MIDI to audio, never audio to audio.)

The cool things about this template are:

- you have the Stylus FX itself on the folder, allowing you to have the GUI quickly at your hand in the MCP
- instead of seperating between audio and MIDI tracks (both using an individual folder) you have everything concerning Stylus in one folder
- you can still insert FX for each of Stylus' outputs individually
- you can also insert FX for all outputs to the folder track (group FX)
- one click makes everything concerning Stylus hiding in the TCP.

The track template autoloads a groove multi for testing/demonstration purposes, so first time you load it up it'll take a long time. I suggest to replace the grooves by something lighter ("Soundcheck", for example) and save your own template with this multi.

Have fun with this!
Attached Files
File Type: rtracktemplate [VSTi][drums] StylusRMX - AiO Folder.RTrackTemplate (49.7 KB, 938 views)
NoiseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #71
matey

Default default vsti outs loading?

Hi there,
I'm a new registered user of reaper and , since this is my first post here, I wish all the best for you all, with a sincere thank you to let me in ... :-))

this thread leads me to ask if could be any chance to see the next update of reaper with an option to automatically open a proper template when you load a multiple outs vsti...like qbase or nuendo do, to be clear...

BTW, thanks to the board user for linking their useful dedicated templates..

matey
matey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #72
norbury brook

reaper already does this,just choose from the menu to 'build muti channels outputs for audio and/or mulitchannel midi inputs.

MC
norbury brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #73
Obitheincredible

How about a multi out for FL studio VSTi32 multi out?
Obitheincredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:51 AM   #74
fish

Just trying my luck. Does anyone happen to have the template for Edirol HQ Orchestral?
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:40 AM   #75
matey

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
reaper already does this,just choose from the menu to 'build muti channels outputs for audio and/or mulitchannel midi inputs.

MC
thanx MC, my fault..... ;-)
matey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #76
dungbeetle

Default Multi Outs - Reason to REAPER

A link to templates for both Reason and REAPER, to ReWire multiple outs from Reason (client) into REAPER (host):

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...33&postcount=4

"In the hopes of reaching the moon, men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet." - Albert Schweitzer
dungbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #77
_tom_

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybk1 View Post
Kit specific EZdrummer multi-out templates & drum maps for the (6) kits that I have:

Pop/Rock
Cocktail
Vintage Rock
Nashville
Claustrophobic
Twisted Kit

Cheers,

Billy Buck
Hey, thanks for that I have a "problem" though, all the seperate channels seem to be linked, ie if I lower one fader all of them go down etc. Probably just me being a noob with Reaper (I've never used a multi-out vsti before) but can you unlink them to adjust seperate volumes, add seperate fx etc?
_tom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #78
jakeus

Thanks for this Amberience - much appreciated here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberience View Post
A setup for Addictive Drums.

Outputs all setup, just make sure inside AD that you turn on the out buttons for all the channels.
jakeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:09 AM   #79
politcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair S View Post
In Jamstix, on the Mapping tab, set the number of Outputs to 8 (Under "Sounds").

Also on the Mapping tab, set:

Kick to output 1
Snare to output 2
Hihat to output 3
Ride to output 4
Cymbals to output 5
Toms to output 6
Percussion to output 7

Channels 15/16 on the Jamstix VSTi track are spare and not output (just available as inputs)
what happened to ambience?

edit: 15/16 are not spare. They are for the ambience (OH/room mics, whatever). there is a "send to last" switch in the mixer section for directing all ambience signals to the last audio output

Last edited by politcat; 01-26-2009 at 08:28 AM.
politcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #80
politcat

Default JS2 with ambience track

here's a jamstix2 template that includes the ambience track (too cool to leave out)
Attached Files
File Type: rtracktemplate jamstix2 with ambience track.RTrackTemplate (25.1 KB, 781 views)
politcat is offline   Reply With Quote