Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 07-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
1dell
Human being with feelings

Default What happened to my selector?

Hey everyone,

I'm running Reaper 2.4.x and I've noticed that now I can't select in the time line (for lack of a better term) before if I wanted to select a portion of track I could just right click and drag in the time line to select it then do what I needed to do with it.

Since I've upgraded I've noticed that I can't do this anymore. Is it something I'm doing or something I need to select in options or deselect? I have been fiddling around in there lately. Or is this feature replaced by something more sophisticated in the latest version of Reaper?
1dell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dell View Post
before if I wanted to select a portion of track I could just right click and drag in the time line to select it then do what I needed to do with it.
You can still drag in the timeline (the part with the time/measure numbers) to make a time selection. The area *above* the timeline is now used for the edit cursor/scrub handle.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
1dell

Thanks for the reply. I am trying that but It's not working. In fact what happens is I use the right click and drag to select but I see no selection yet I see the context menu as if I did. Giving me options to handle the selection. Is there an option I need to select to get feature back?

I'm not sure if it's the theme i'm using or the Xenakios commands thing I installed.

I just learned that if I place the cursor where I want and hold down the shift and left or right arrow key, I can select items. So it's still there but I can't do it with the mouse

Last edited by 1dell; 07-22-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
1dell

Yeah!!! it's back. Nevermind. I'm good now. When I used the arrow keys to select I got a dialog box asking me if I wanted to unlocke loop to time selection or something like that. I KNEW it was something that I had done to disable it.

Problem solved! I absolutely LOVE Reaper! So long Adobe Audition.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
jita163

gaga。。。。。。。。。。。
jita163 is offline   Reply With Quote