Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-21-2020, 02:02 PM   #1
Squidge03
Human being with feelings

Default Help - Reaper has stopped recognising my inputs

I no longer get a drop down menu to record different inupts, meaning I can't select any using my audio interface (If i record direct through the mic jack in my PC I can record the single track).

I've uploaded some images for clarity, and to show that the appropriate settings are in place in regards to the audio device.

Anyone got any help they can offer? I'm still in the trial period while I sort out some issues with my Audio Interface itself.

I'm very keen to stick with Reaper as I really like everything so far, however I quickly tested a free trial of another DAW and it's coming through - so I must have changed some setting or something.

I saw that a new version of Reaper was available, so downloaded it, but it hasn't resolved the issue.

Best,
Ben
Attached Images
File Type: png Audio device settings (2).png (31.8 KB, 80 views)
File Type: png No input dropdown (2).png (9.7 KB, 76 views)
Squidge03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:29 PM   #2
ts335

I have a firewire Focusrite interface and it sometimes just loses it's mind. When this happens my only option is to power down everything then power up the interface and then my Windows 10 PC. After that everything works well, sometimes for months before it happens again. I've never figured out what's happening only that when I get no signal into Reaper this is the cure. BTW I do see signal in Mix Control (Focusrite's software) and can hear my instrument through that. In my case Reaper still sees the inputs only nothing gets through.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:22 AM   #3
Squidge03

Thank you - I've tried a full shut-down and re-start a few times - with no change. I am having issues with my Scarlett and PC together which could be the route of the issue. However it just seems odd that it's recognising everything in the preference settings but not the actual track settings.

I may do an install on my laptop and see if there's a difference.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #4
solger

Your 'no input dropdown' screenshot shows the record mode options (which is a different thing than the track inputs).

Some options to access the track input selector are mentioned in post #2: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=234959
Another option is changing the TCP to Layout 'B' via Options > Layouts > Track Panel which shows more elements (like the track input selector) by default.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:47 PM   #5
Squidge03

Thank you! I feel quite silly, I just expanded the interface of the track further down and the option came up.

So much stress over an oversight frrom me