Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 07-14-2020, 06:15 AM   #1
d. gauss
Human being with feelings

Default Changing tempo BPM doesn't Undo

Been having issues in the last few versions where if i change tempo BPM or add a tempo change marker, it doesn't always undo when i try to undo it. undo seems to jump to undo whatever action i did before the BPM change. On mac yosemite btw. any thoughts?
d. gauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:56 PM   #2
d. gauss

bump. no one has this issue? when i look at the undo list, the bpm change isn't even listed even though it was clearly changed.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:34 AM   #3
Icchan

If you can give exact steps of how to reproduce this issue reliably, what version of REAPER this issue is in, was it always there (test earlier versions and find out where this bug started) etc. etc. you get better changes of this getting looked into.

Good bug reporting isn't just "it doesn't work, plz fix!" you need to put a bit more effort into it.

And Pre-release forum is not bug report forum except when a bug has been introduced in the latest or recent pre-release.

And even then, same rules apply.
Icchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:12 PM   #4
d. gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icchan View Post
If you can give exact steps of how to reproduce this issue reliably, what version of REAPER this issue is in, was it always there (test earlier versions and find out where this bug started) etc. etc. you get better changes of this getting looked into.

Good bug reporting isn't just "it doesn't work, plz fix!" you need to put a bit more effort into it.

And Pre-release forum is not bug report forum except when a bug has been introduced in the latest or recent pre-release.

And even then, same rules apply.
hey there. thanks for the condescending, mansplaining, reply.

re: <<how to reproduce this issue reliably>>
per my post: "it doesn't always undo when i try to undo it" key words "doesn't always."

re: <<"it doesn't work, plz fix!">>
not written, nor even implied anywhere in my posts. please don't put words out there that i haven't written.

re: <<what version of REAPER this issue is in?>>
per my posts: "started for me sometime around when the look of the tempo makers changed. 613? 612?..On mac yosemite btw"

re: <<you need to put a bit more effort into it.>>

really uncalled for and nothing in your whole response even addresses the issue. putting in the "effort" to see for yourself if undoing a tempo change maker doesn't work would have been helpful, and probably would have taken less time than writing your lecture.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #5
Icchan

And after all that you still haven't given much information as to what your system setup is, what version of reaper you use, does the possible bug happen in earlier versions etc. etc.

I'm not condescending, I'm requesting minimum viable effort/information from your part to be able to help.

Otherwise one's just stabbing in the dark. And I have no time for that

Be clear, be concise, be efficient.
Icchan is offline   Reply With Quote