Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #10161
Nick Morris
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Did you try the C4 folder I just posted?
I just tried the folder you posted. This functions as expected.

I thought the C4 folder had zone files for the C4. I didn't expect that the zone files in it were for something else. Phew! I think I get it now!

Thanks!!!!
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #10162
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morris View Post
I just tried the folder you posted. This functions as expected.

I thought the C4 folder had zone files for the C4. I didn't expect that the zone files in it were for something else. Phew! I think I get it now!

Thanks!!!!
Excellent! Now you're rolling. I think that Reacomp file was in the C4 folder to provide a path for the (as yet unfinished) CSI editor, but has proved to be a bit of a gotcha.

Here's an FX zone for the C4 with a bit more meat on it: FabFilter Pro-Q3 (8 bands)

This has a bit of everything as far as FX mapping syntax goes, so if you pull this apart and see how it works you'll pretty much have it It makes heavy use of modifier keys, so you'll need to make sure those are working correctly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FabFilter_Pro-Q_3.zon.zip (3.6 KB, 5 views)
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #10163
Nick Morris

Quote:
Excellent! Now you're rolling. I think that Reacomp file was in the C4 folder to provide a path for the (as yet unfinished) CSI editor, but has proved to be a bit of a gotcha.

Here's an FX zone for the C4 with a bit more meat on it: FabFilter Pro-Q3 (8 bands)

This has a bit of everything as far as FX mapping syntax goes, so if you pull this apart and see how it works you'll pretty much have it It makes heavy use of modifier keys, so you'll need to make sure those are working correctly.
Awesome!

Does it matter if you use a vst3 or vst2 version ? Do you have to have separate zone files for each? Or do vst and vst3 act all the same to csi?
Old Today, 04:39 AM   #10164
MixMonkey

Quote:
Does it matter if you use a vst3 or vst2 version ? Do you have to have separate zone files for each? Or do vst and vst3 act all the same to csi?
VST2 and VST3 need to have separate files- the name is different and often the parameter indexes are too.

That said, I would avoid VST3 if you can, as it seems to suffer from a bug where the plugin just stops responding to the surface (but the surface still responds to the plugin)

Also, regarding modifiers on the C4. I swapped the buttons for mine from the ones as written on the surface (Shift, Option, Control, Alt) with the 4 buttons next to them (Marker, Track, Chanstrip, Function)

These 4 buttons have LED indicators, making it easy to see if you have a modifier engaged - important, because modifiers can be toggled/latched (short press) as well as momentary (pressed and held).
Old Today, 09:00 AM   #10165
Nick Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Hi Robin, what settings have you got mapped in EuConSettings to CSI?
Yeah, I'd like to understand how Robin has the wheel, jog/scrub going. Nothing seems to work for that over here.
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #10166
Nick Morris

Is there a way to differentiate hardware output and sends? They are both being controlled simultaneously by the same rotary on my C4.
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #10167
MixMonkey

Quote:
Is there a way to differentiate hardware output and sends? They are both being controlled simultaneously by the same rotary on my C4.
Not quite with you, the same rotary on the same channel?
Old Today, 02:34 PM   #10168
BaronStinky

Default Add Midi Surfaces not saving

Hi y'all, I'm just trying out CSI for the first time so apologies if this has already been covered - tried searching the thread, but you know how it is.

Currently only trying to get one surface to work, Icon Qcon ProX with Win 10.

Installed CSI just fine - CSI Edit Mode works as described, I can see input in the Reaconsole when I adjust anything on the surface (although small side note, once Edit Mode is open I can't close the window - no x box, repeating the action doesn't work, and the window even persists outside of Reaper)

In Control Surface Settings (with CSI selected as the mode) when I click "Add Midi" it works fine: I choose the Pro X presets, click or don't click the options. Click OK and the surface shows up. All good, right? I can even click "edit" on that surface and my original input is still there. Click OK in Control Surface Settings. Immediately re-open those settings and the surface has disappeared.

What am I doing wrong?
Old Today, 02:38 PM   #10169
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronStinky View Post
Hi y'all, I'm just trying out CSI for the first time so apologies if this has already been covered - tried searching the thread, but you know how it is.

Currently only trying to get one surface to work, Icon Qcon ProX with Win 10.

Installed CSI just fine - CSI Edit Mode works as described, I can see input in the Reaconsole when I adjust anything on the surface (although small side note, once Edit Mode is open I can't close the window - no x box, repeating the action doesn't work, and the window even persists outside of Reaper)

In Control Surface Settings (with CSI selected as the mode) when I click "Add Midi" it works fine: I choose the Pro X presets, click or don't click the options. Click OK and the surface shows up. All good, right? I can even click "edit" on that surface and my original input is still there. Click OK in Control Surface Settings. Immediately re-open those settings and the surface has disappeared.

What am I doing wrong?
When you re-open the CSI prefs, try clicking in empty white space in the left hand pane.
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #10170
BaronStinky

Boom. Thanks!
Old Today, 02:47 PM   #10171
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronStinky View Post
Boom. Thanks!
Gotcha#1
Old Today, 03:03 PM   #10172
Nick Morris

Quote:
Not quite with you, the same rotary on the same channel?
simple things are hard to explain LOL

so say channel 1 has a hardware output and a send to channel 2. The send rotary on the C4 adjusts the hardware output level AND the Send level simultaneously.
Old Today, 03:14 PM   #10173
MixMonkey

Quote:
simple things are hard to explain LOL

so say channel 1 has a hardware output and a send to channel 2. The send rotary on the C4 adjusts the hardware output level AND the Send level simultaneously.
That doesn't sound quite right. If they occupy different slots on the channel, they should appear on different rotaries on the C4 (across row C). Let me try it out here and get back to you (not a big user of hardware outputs here)
Old Today, 03:41 PM   #10174
MixMonkey

Quote:
That doesn't sound quite right. If they occupy different slots on the channel, they should appear on different rotaries on the C4 (across row C). Let me try it out here and get back to you (not a big user of hardware outputs here)
Yep, I get that here too, definitely a bug (or more accurately, something that hasn't been implemented yet)

Perhaps a workaround could be to use a send to route to a track that has a hardware output assigned.
Old Today, 04:00 PM   #10175
Nick Morris

Quote:
Yep, I get that here too, definitely a bug (or more accurately, something that hasn't been implemented yet)

Perhaps a workaround could be to use a send to route to a track that has a hardware output assigned.
Thanks for confirming this bug.
Old Today, 04:42 PM   #10176
siniarch

Default Reaper Preference CSI Installation Procedure

Hey guys,
I've been helping a fellow install CSI on the general forum and made a detail list of things to do under Reaper Preferences in order to install CSI after you have already installed the files in the correct folder.

In case it can help anyone else, here is the post.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=66
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:48 PM   #10177
RobinGShore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Hi Robin, what settings have you got mapped in EuConSettings to CSI?
Quote:
Yeah, I'd like to understand how Robin has the wheel, jog/scrub going. Nothing seems to work for that over here.
You need to set up custom wheel commands in Eucontrol. The stock Eucon wheel commands don't seem to work with CSI. Here are some old youtube vides with detailed instructions about how to make your own wheel commands in Eucon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=LIY3jEkTjkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=uqZC0P8jrWg

And, as an example here what the settings look like for my custom Jog command. The first image shows the setting for turning the wheel right, the second for turning the wheel left.

Last edited by RobinGShore; Today at 07:59 PM.
RobinGShore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:42 PM   #10178
Beastmode Beats

We really need access to this functionality in the midi editor. There are no midi osc options in the actions menu for the midi editor.
Beastmode Beats is online now   Reply With Quote