Old 09-11-2020, 03:24 AM   #1
Dream Of Sleeping
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 313
Default Below (A creepy little acoustic fingerpicking song)

I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Any comments welcome and appreciated.
https://soundcloud.com/dreamofsleeping/below
Dream Of Sleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:59 AM   #2
Time Waster
Human being with feelings
 
Time Waster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bowral, Australia
Posts: 1,051
Default

You should be happy with that. Very moving in that creepy sort of way.
__________________
ReaRack JSFX Modular Synth - Mostly harmless: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/28403/ReaR...dularSynth.zip
The Wasters of Time: https://soundcloud.com/thewastersoftime
Time Waster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:48 AM   #3
Dream Of Sleeping
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Waster View Post
You should be happy with that. Very moving in that creepy sort of way.
Thank you. I checked out your song and left a little comment.
Dream Of Sleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #4
tspring
Human being with feelings
 
tspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Eastern shore of Maryland, USA
Posts: 1,348
Default

This is a good recording and an interesting song well sung. It is an odd little thing, the type of song where you don't know how to feel about it at first, and then it "grows on you". I really like the sound of the guitar. Can you describe how you recorded it? What is playing the bass line? It blends beauitifully.

T
tspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:25 AM   #5
Dream Of Sleeping
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspring View Post
This is a good recording and an interesting song well sung. It is an odd little thing, the type of song where you don't know how to feel about it at first, and then it "grows on you". I really like the sound of the guitar. Can you describe how you recorded it? What is playing the bass line? It blends beauitifully.

T
Thank you.

The acoustic guitar is double tracked. I used a condenser microphone quite far away from the guitar, but my room is pretty dead because of all the acoustic foam. Although I added plenty of reverb later.

The bass is a real bass guitar, but not put through any amp sim at all. Only a little bit of eq. The strings are old and I played each note softly with my thumb. Just luck that it blended so well.
Dream Of Sleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:27 AM   #6
msundh
Human being with feelings
 
msundh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,711
Default

This is really good. The guitar is well performed and recorded.
__________________
Win10 64bit, Core i7 8GB, Focurite 2i2, Schecter Telecaster, Warmoth Velocity, Yamaha AC3R
https://soundcloud.com/mikaelsundh
msundh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:27 AM   #7
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 965
Default

Great job dude!

Love the unsettling sound.
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [Filther: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Reapack]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:59 AM   #8
Dream Of Sleeping
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Great job dude!

Love the unsettling sound.
Thank You! I appreciate it.
Dream Of Sleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:14 AM   #9
timothys_monster
Human being with feelings
 
timothys_monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 930
Default

What a "refreshing" sound in the way that it sounds very well done, but very different from the usual songs found in the forums. It's very hard to catch a certain feeling without making it sound corny or too "home-made".

A thin line that you walked exceptionally well, Sir! Hats off, I would love to hear more like this tune.
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:30 AM   #10
zeekat
Human being with feelings
 
zeekat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Polandia
Posts: 2,787
Default

You legit have very distinct, dramatic delivery, recognizable from afar. I'd say it would be marketable (quality-wise it already feels "radio ready"), if there was a market for unsettling stuff like this, not sure how much more overwhelmed people wanna be in 2020
__________________
AM bient, rund funk and heavy meteo
my soundclouds+youtubings
zeekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:04 PM   #11
Dream Of Sleeping
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
You legit have very distinct, dramatic delivery, recognizable from afar. I'd say it would be marketable (quality-wise it already feels "radio ready"), if there was a market for unsettling stuff like this, not sure how much more overwhelmed people wanna be in 2020
Thank you. They always just come out this way. I'm not gonna fight it anymore and just release miserable tune after miserable tune. haha
Dream Of Sleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:03 PM   #12
Dream Of Sleeping
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
What a "refreshing" sound in the way that it sounds very well done, but very different from the usual songs found in the forums. It's very hard to catch a certain feeling without making it sound corny or too "home-made".

A thin line that you walked exceptionally well, Sir! Hats off, I would love to hear more like this tune.
Thank you. I appreciate it.
Dream Of Sleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.