Old 10-15-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
jkuk
Human being with feelings

Default Triggering FX Button with Reascript

Hey everyone,

A large part of my life is using the Blue Cat Meter to get levels from thousands of files, and it gets a bit tedious to manually click the "reset" button with my mouse after every file, so I have been trying to figure out a way for Reascript to trigger the button from a key command.

The plug-in seems to work with Midi too, but so far I haven't been successful in sending a CC event with Reascript to the correct track (I use the FX on a track instead of on a clip by clip basis) and getting it to also reset the values.

Long story short, is there a way to do this that I am just not seeing? And am I taking the long way of doing this? Any help is appreciated!
jkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:42 AM   #2
Xenakios

If the reset functionality is exposed as a plugin parameter, it might be pretty easy to just set the parameter with ReaScript. (The plugin probably then automatically toggles the reset parameter back to zero to detect the next reset, but if it doesn't, the script could probably do that also.)

If the reset function is just a GUI button, it's going to be much more tricky. You would need to send a fake mouse click into the plugin, which is difficult because plugins generally (like in 99.9% of cases) don't use operating system provided GUI controls, so you can't programmatically find them (and their position) from the plugin's window.

Last edited by Xenakios; 10-16-2019 at 07:14 AM.
Xenakios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:40 PM   #3
jkuk

That was it! I managed to get the parameter from the plug-in and reset it that way, with me also toggling it back to 0 since it didn't seem to automatically do that.

Thanks for the help!
jkuk is offline   Reply With Quote