Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 12-04-2022, 01:02 AM   #1
Glorychannel
Human being with feelings

Default Stream audio output from reaper to vmix on another pc

Hello guys,
Im new to reaper and I ran into this problem trying to stream the audio output from reaper to vmix. I found out about virtual audio cables. It works well when reaper and vmix are on the same computer, but I want to have them on seperate pcs, and that is my biggest challenge now. How can I stream the audio from my reaper to vmix on another computer.
Any ideas will be sincerely appreciated.
Thanks
Glorychannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 07:59 PM   #2
SonicAxiom

Most stable solution is probably to use Dante Via on both computers: https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-via

Dante Via is capable of aggregating all audio sources on a computer (from connected USB interfaces and from running audio applications) and send them over the network (LAN, not WIFI). On the receiving computer, another instance of Dante Via routes the audio to vmix with fairly low latency.

Alternatively, you could run one Reaper instance on every computer and connect them via the ReaStream plugin (a sending instance on the sending computer and a receiving instance on the receiving one). You would then need to use free Voxengo Recorder plugin and a virtual audio cable to route Reaper's main output to vmix on the receiving computer.

Old 12-05-2022, 10:18 PM   #3
Glorychannel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicAxiom View Post
Most stable solution is probably to use Dante Via on both computers: https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-via

Dante Via is capable of aggregating all audio sources on a computer (from connected USB interfaces and from running audio applications) and send them over the network (LAN, not WIFI). On the receiving computer, another instance of Dante Via routes the audio to vmix with fairly low latency.

Alternatively, you could run one Reaper instance on every computer and connect them via the ReaStream plugin (a sending instance on the sending computer and a receiving instance on the receiving one). You would then need to use free Voxengo Recorder plugin and a virtual audio cable to route Reaper's main output to vmix on the receiving computer.

Thank you so much. Will try it out
Glorychannel is offline   Reply With Quote