Old 07-02-2019, 06:39 AM   #1
Lynard
Human being with feelings

Default Collaboration?

I keep reading that if you want to collaborate with professionals, Logic or Pro Tools is a better option than Reaper. Do any of you have experience with working with others who use either Logic or Pro Tools? Would it work to send them a wav file and have them work with it and then send it back as a wav for Reaper? Does Reaper really limit collaboration in a professional setting?
Lynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:37 AM   #2
ivansc

I am about to start working in a pro studio in mid July. I already have it arranged that what I get at the end of the day is stems of the individual tracks so I can add anything in the way of extra solos, backing vocals, etc when I get them home and then probably offer them out on here for anyone who fancies having a go at mixing them before I get serious.The studio I am using is Pro Tools based and they aready offered to do the mixing once I finished faffing aroun dwith the stems at home. They are perfectly happy just to take the stems saved out of Reaper, so unless you are oging to be getting into some weird stuff with MIDI and audio that you want to save out in some odd format. you wont have any trouble at all.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
Lynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
I am about to start working in a pro studio in mid July. I already have it arranged that what I get at the end of the day is stems of the individual tracks so I can add anything in the way of extra solos, backing vocals, etc when I get them home and then probably offer them out on here for anyone who fancies having a go at mixing them before I get serious.The studio I am using is Pro Tools based and they aready offered to do the mixing once I finished faffing aroun dwith the stems at home. They are perfectly happy just to take the stems saved out of Reaper, so unless you are oging to be getting into some weird stuff with MIDI and audio that you want to save out in some odd format. you wont have any trouble at all.
This helps. The composer I'm working with is in Logic and Pro Tools. He doesn't want to mess with Reaper, but I'm PC based and I really don't want to have to buy a MAC and change out other software and my set up. So I could send him saved stems and he could work with either Logic or Pro Tools and he should be able to work with that.
Thank you!
Lynard is offline   Reply With Quote