Old 03-06-2015, 03:12 AM   #1
SPOOK1138
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI EXPORT HELP!

Hi all - Need a bit of help with MIDI exporting from Reaper.

I imported some midi files from a previous DAW, but each 'track' was on the same midi channel, Reaper allowed me to 'spread' each track over separate tracks... but when I save the midi file in Reaper for use in another DAW the 'tracks' are still only showing on 1 midi channel...

Basically what I need to know is how to 'change/amend' each separate track as a different midi channel and ensure these changes are saved when exporting the revised midi file....

Looking forward to your support....
SPOOK1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:38 AM   #2
DarkStar

Hello SPOOK1138 and welcome to these forums. You'll find many helpful people here and a lot of useful information.

OK, so you imported a multi-track MIDI file (with the MIDI on each track on the same MIDI channel)? And you chose the Reaper option to put each track in the file on a different Reaper track?

I've not seen that before, as the notes are usually on different channels.

After editing, if you just want to save the 9 tracks in Reaper into a single multi-track MIDI file, then you can use "Export project MIDI" on the [File] menu:

Or, if you want to change the MIDI channel of the notes of each MIDI clip, then open the clip in the MIDI Editor (double-click the clip), select everything (Ctrl+a), right-click any note and select Note channel >> then the desired channel.

After you have done all of the MIDI clips you can Export them, as above.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:56 AM   #3
SPOOK1138

Hi thanks for your prompt and comprehensive response - Yeah the original DAW exports each track onto midi channel 1 and you cant seem to change this! (really useful when exporting a midi file NOT!)

Your guide seems to point me in the right direction, I will have a play later on and let you know how I get on..
SPOOK1138 is offline   Reply With Quote