Old 05-01-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
Quasar
Human being with feelings

Default Working on Toolbar Icons

Thanks to White Tie's awesome Inkscape tutorial, I decided to try my hand at making some icons for the Main and Midi PRV toolbars. The idea is to use both color and symbols to personalize the way I "see" the various commands so as to make it intuitive. Thus I'm not striving for uniformity in style, but to have each specific command "jump" out at me in its own unique way:

On top, there is (from L to R) Save, Project Settings, Undo, Redo, Ripple Editing, Snap to Grid, Freeze (the SWS render/mute original) Auto Crossfade, Grouping and Metronome.

In PRV, I have Save, Revert, Snap, Docking, and the yellow arrows transpose selected notes up/down in 1/2 step increments.

The icons in an OFF/DISABLED position (or commands such as Save that don't have a continuous ON setting) all have button gray-tinted gradients, with the symbols showing soft colors, while the commands that are turned ON are in various colors. For the mouse-over view (not shown in the picture) I simply use a surrounding grey border that illustrates the highlight. If anyone has interest, I'll upload an entire default set when I am finished, though I realize the styles may merely reflect my own idiosyncratic taste. It's a work in progress.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote