Old 07-03-2022, 10:25 AM   #1
Robkress
Human being with feelings

Default Direct Edit Volume and Pan

Hello All.

I'm a Reaper user for about 2 years now. It is simply the best and the community is better. I run a custom theme that is based on the Reaper 6 basic theme (one that I modified myself but barely).

I have a quick question....

I came from Samplitude (a 20 year user) and I am very used to being able to adjust the pan value and volume value directly from within the MCP or TCP.

Is there a theme or any object within themes that will allow direct edit of the pan and volume values (without having to go into the routing dialog window)?

I like to work with whole number values and am frustrated that I have to open the routing dialog every time I want to adjust a value directly. This is a small gripe but I figured I should ask about it because maybe there is a way that I can modify my theme further or just choose a different theme that allows this behavior.

My wish for the behavior is to be able to click on the value such that it highlights and allows for direct input via number pad. It's been too long since I have used Samplitude so I don't remember if it was a double or a single click. I know doubles are special so maybe that wouldn't work well.

Anyway, here's hoping that the volume and pan values are objefied such that they can be edited directly.

Thank you in advance for any help on this. Like I said, Reaper is fantastic and the community is even better.

Cheers,

Rob
Robkress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:51 AM   #2
gainstager
Human being with feelings

The volume & pan labels have been recently updated. This conversation is very themeing-focused, but it helps us understand how things work currently:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=267524

The labels / readouts are not directly editable, like how renaming tracks ( .label) works. But that would be the best fit for everyone, I gather.

Perhaps it will come soon! Updates to themeing, and how that changes the behavior for users, seems important to devs lately.
gainstager is offline   Reply With Quote