Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 05-18-2008, 03:34 AM   #561
norbury brook
Human being with feelings

TC still haven't got vista drivers for powercore yet!!!!!!!

MC
norbury brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:03 AM   #562
Alex Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
TC still haven't got vista drivers for powercore yet!!!!!!!

MC
Perhaps they think it's not worth it.....

Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #563
Alex Stone

Default Reaper running in wine on 64bit distro....YES.....

Hehe, i've been chasing this one for a while, and finally got it.

The distro is suse 10.3 64bit RT, the wineasio version is wineasio-x.3, and at the moment, wine is 32bit.

After a lot of work sorting out where to point the wineasio prefix. libdir, jackversion, etc. wineasio finally said yes, after i'd previously installed winesvn. (No fear, hehe.....)
And a bit of juggling later, reaper burst into life.

Doesn't seem all that difficult now....

So, the mighty Reap runs in wine32bit on a 64bit system. I've compiled wineasio with 64 ports in, and 64ports out, so there plenty to work with
Now i'm off to investigate the possibility of compiling wine for 64bit, and see if manually tweaking the number of midi ports will mess this up.
If this is successful, then i'll try my much cherished olga, as a true 64bit plugin, running in wine, in linux, in Moscow.
Seems fitting, somehow.....

Woohooski!

Alex.

p.s. More to come......

Last edited by Alex Stone; 05-20-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Alex Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #564
Shan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Stone View Post
...then i'll try my much cherished olga, as a true 64bit plugin, running in wine, in linux, in Moscow.
Seems fitting, somehow.....
You Geek!

You're even blogging now.

Shane

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM
Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:26 AM   #565
Alex Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
You Geek!

You're even blogging now.

Shane
Yeah, well,erm....
I'm trying to get into this 21st century thing.

Beethoven never had this pressure!!!!

Old 06-04-2008, 03:56 AM   #566
StudioDave

Quote:
... the mighty Reap runs in wine32bit on a 64bit system... Now i'm off to investigate the possibility of compiling wine for 64bit...
As you know, I've run Reaper on 32-bit Wine on a 64-bit system (64 Studio), but without JACK. Alas, I've never been able to compile Wine for 64-bits. I always hit the wall with either a complaint about some assembly language code or about a component that won't build for 64-bits. Fails every time. However, in Debian backports I did find a 32-bit build of Wine that works with 64 Studio (and no chroot), but it's an old version. Please let us know if you're able to build Wine in a 64-bit version, then let us know how you did it.
StudioDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:43 AM   #567
Alex Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioDave View Post
As you know, I've run Reaper on 32-bit Wine on a 64-bit system (64 Studio), but without JACK. Alas, I've never been able to compile Wine for 64-bits. I always hit the wall with either a complaint about some assembly language code or about a component that won't build for 64-bits. Fails every time. However, in Debian backports I did find a 32-bit build of Wine that works with 64 Studio (and no chroot), but it's an old version. Please let us know if you're able to build Wine in a 64-bit version, then let us know how you did it.
Dave,
I've been investigating this quite a bit, but have come up with little so far. The resounding message seems to be, why?
64bit Wine won't run 32bit vsts is one answer. There's almost no 64bit Win apps is another.

I won't give up on this, including the jack possibilities, but it may take a while for me to have a greater understanding of how to approach this, and attempt it. And having been on top of the latest Jack developments, (Dbus, Netjack, Jack2, etc...) there's an even greater desire to try and find a solution. If Reaper went native, and i'll be frank here, i'd give up the chase tomorrow, but i think that's unlikely for quite a while, so the pursuit goes on. Jack's growing leaps and bounds, and Nedko, Stephane, Paul, Juusi, Marc, and others are really getting into their stride in the pursuit of the next stage of Jack development. It continues to be a shame that Wine hasn't kept up with this.
But, as i've discovered, there's more than enough tools in linux to do the job, and that includes Reaper and Wine in the current state.

I also see an opportunity here for the Reap team, and the Reaper API. If it's able to be ported within a 64bit wine environment, and Reaper gets even more fine plugins, and a 64bit wine becomes more relavent, and the clamour for 32bit vsts may reduce as replacement 64bit options become available. (imho)

I continue to be amused at the idea of turning the ship that is Wine in a new direction, for one app. for some reason, i find that rather exhilarating.......

More to come!!

Alex.

The journey continues, and now the mighty Shan has joined us, selling dubious ice creams to to the unwary and weary, as we stride forward into the future....

Last edited by Alex Stone; 06-04-2008 at 04:53 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #568
Shan

Quote:

The journey continues, and now the mighty Shan has joined us, selling dubious ice creams to to the unwary and weary, as we stride forward into the future....
Ha! ...and this new post is done in Linux!

As far as my day to day Internet/office/Admin stuff goes...it's all done in Linux now and I ain't going back! I did have XP running in Virtualbox...let's just say...it got quickly deleted.

The Linux desktop has certainly come a long way since my SLAX days. It frickin' rocks!! Why some people dont "get it" is beyond me. Oh well, they can enjoy Vista.

Shane

Last edited by Shan; 06-17-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:02 AM   #569
Finnish

Quote:
Ha! ...and this new post is done in Linux!

As far as my day to day Internet/office/Admin stuff goes...it's all done in Linux now and I ain't going back! I did have XP running in Virtualbox...let's just say...it got quickly deleted.

The Linux desktop has certainly come a long way since my SLAX days. It frickin' rocks!! Why some people dont "get it" is beyond me. Oh well, they can enjoy Vista.

Shane
+1

I've got DuX-XP as my audio-system, everything else running in Ubuntu. I also had XP in Virtualbox, just for fun...
Old 06-18-2008, 05:18 AM   #570
StudioDave

Quote:
The Linux desktop has certainly come a long way since my SLAX days. It frickin' rocks!! Why some people dont "get it" is beyond me.
I recently wrote an article about media players for Ubuntu, the Hardy Heron release. I opted to run the system from its live disc, it performed beautifully, and I was very impressed with the overall user-friendliness (I hate that term). I think the designers did users a great service by purposefully restricting the number of applications and by naming the apps sensibly in the menus (I mean, does "Brassero" signify a DVD burner to you ?).

I began using Linux circa 1995 (with Slackware, natch), and switched to it completely by the end of 2000. I wanted to run some sound apps that had no equivalents on Windows at that time, one thing just led to another. I'm definitely a curious sort, and Linux provided all kinds of curiosities for a fellow who had been raised on MS-DOS and early Windows. It still does.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:21 AM   #571
Shan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
+1

I've got DuX-XP as my audio-system, everything else running in Ubuntu. I also had XP in Virtualbox, just for fun...
Yeah, I keep XP as a dual boot for PT only and that's the only reason. Everything else is now done in Ubuntu Linux.

Speaking of which, anyone get Xbox Media Center going in Ubuntu 8.4?

(Sorry Alex...WAY off topic)

Shane

Old 06-19-2008, 12:24 AM   #572
Shan

Quote:
I recently wrote an article about media players for Ubuntu, the Hardy Heron release...
Yeah, VLC has always done it for me, even on XP. I'm taking a stab at getting XBMC going in Hardy. Always gotta try new things.

Shane

Old 06-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #573
Alex Stone

Quote:
Yeah, I keep XP as a dual boot for PT only and that's the only reason. Everything else is now done in Ubuntu Linux.
Shane
Shan, almost there. Just a little push, and you'll be truly free......
Old 06-19-2008, 07:27 AM   #574
Alex Stone

Default kernel 2.6.25

Just had a report that RT in kernel 2.6.25 is a bit squishy, and not well.

Anyone using this kernel release yet?

Alex.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #575
tweed

Me too on using Linux more and more.... I find that ARCH linux and the beginners guide gave me a huge jump in understanding. Linux is WAY sexy.. AND: Ubuntu will just, work, which is great. Then just being aware of what data one generates and copying to usb key or whatever. The warm and fuzzy feeling is great after so much windows dominance.

I love the whole NO registry thing, the communities, and no concerns about bloat, weird code etc. um, how's that for understatement!

P.S. yes, XP in virtualbox on Linux is very very fun. I'd only ever used it the other way around with Linux as the guest.

Last edited by tweed; 06-19-2008 at 10:42 AM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #576
robg

WINE 1.0 released

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06...e_one_finally/
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:11 AM   #577
StudioDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
WINE 1.0 released
Built today, just got through running it with Reaper.

I've been having a problem that I think some of you might be able to help me with. I start Jack, then I start Reaper. Reaper doesn't play, Jack dies. I go into the Reaper Prefs, reselect the ASIO driver (wineasio 0.7.3), restart Jack, and Reaper plays fine. I've missed something, but what ? An inquiring mind wants to know...

JACK 0.109.2
Reaper 2.301
Wine 1.0
wineasio 0.7.3
Linux distro JAD 1.0 (OpenSUSE 10.2)
Old 06-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #578
Alex Stone

Quote:

I've been having a problem that I think some of you might be able to help me with. I start Jack, then I start Reaper. Reaper doesn't play, Jack dies. I go into the Reaper Prefs, reselect the ASIO driver (wineasio 0.7.3), restart Jack, and Reaper plays fine. I've missed something, but what ? An inquiring mind wants to know...

JACK 0.109.2
Reaper 2.301
Wine 1.0
wineasio 0.7.3
Dave,
I can't see Jackbridge there anywhere. (Is it still required?)

Alex.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:40 PM   #579
3mph

Quote:
Well, I've tried a few linux-distros, and I find that they each have their issues. To be honest, I think the time I've spend reading, trying to understand what it's all about (or not about), is the time I've should have used making music or communicating. If my computer behaves weird, I re-install xp, run the exe's in my "/re-install/drivers/"-dir and everything is up an running within an hour or 2. I have never got a linux-distro to fully support the hardware I use, and I end up using more time on learning about computers than making creative things with it - so there it stops for me.

But you've probably heard this argument 100E+50^10 times before :-)
Old 06-20-2008, 10:43 PM   #580
Alex Stone

Quote:

JACK 0.109.2
Reaper 2.301
Wine 1.0
wineasio 0.7.3
Just to add to this, using jackbridge with wine and reap 2.301, in a 64bit environment, produces a shedload of xruns.

Some more thinking required about how to handle this, me thinks...
And i'm on Jack2 dbus intergalactic, with all the new features, and fixes.

Alex.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:34 AM   #581
StudioDave

Quote:
I can't see Jackbridge there anywhere. (Is it still required?)
I'm working with Reaper only on the 32-bit box, so no need for jackbridge.

I thought I'd read somewhere here about a switch for Wine compatibility, something about the audio driver. Was I dreaming ? Chemically altered ? Blissful ?

There's a downside to being 57...
Old 06-21-2008, 04:48 AM   #582
Alex Stone

Quote:

I thought I'd read somewhere here about a switch for Wine compatibility, something about the audio driver. Was I dreaming ? Chemically altered ? Blissful ?

Hehe, and a little younger than that too.

p.s. What's my name again?
Old 06-21-2008, 11:51 PM   #583
prschmitt

Quote:

JACK 0.109.2
Reaper 2.301
Wine 1.0
wineasio 0.7.3
I'm having essentially the same issue:

Slackware 12
latest Jack svn
Reaper 2.301
Wine 1.0
wineasio 0.7.4
kernel 2.6.25.4-rt4

Moving a window kills the wineasio connection. causing it to disappear from qjackctl.
killing and restarting jack restores it until I move, say, an fx window, then it dies again.
If I reselect the driver in reaper preferences, it comes alive again, also, *without* killing jack.
No xruns.

[edit]
Reading that Jack svn has experienced some flakiness lately, I backed off to 0.109.2 and now all is working splendidly again.

oh.. almost forgot..while I'm here..if you guys don't know this already, here's a little tip:
As I mentioned in another thread, borrowing the native gdiplus.dll from windows allows a bunch more vst's to work properly in wine.
Try it. You'll be glad you did
[edit]

Last edited by prschmitt; 06-23-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: bright, shiny new info!
prschmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #584
prschmitt

Quote:

Not dreaming, dude.
That one lives under the 'buffering' entry under audio preferences.
It's right at the bottom.. "use native events for synchronisation"
_uncheck_ the box for better wine compatibility.

BTW I'm 53.. closing in on ya 8P
Old 06-23-2008, 06:04 AM   #585
Alex Stone

Default and a fresh install in this wonderful journey.....

After some thought and research, i finally got around to an intended new install of Ubuntustudio 32bit, to complement the 64 bit 2nd boot. Both the 'Hardy 8.0.4' variety, and now, both sporting jack2 intergalactic with dbus, lashdbus, and on the 32bit flavour, Wine 1.0, and Reaper.

Hardy's come quite a way from Gutsy (7.10) in terms of simple useability, 'out of the box', so to speak, and i'm with Dave on this one, that it's fairly effortless to set up and use.

Now for the audio/midi specific stuff. My journey started out as a 'deb' package user, installing from ubuntu repos, and making a ton of mistakes. This time round, with a lot of generosity from others sharing their knowledge, and my own determination not to make the same mistakes more than 1,276 times, my install was almost bare bones, waiting for source compile and install. It took me a couple of days to go through the old notes i'd taken (lesson to self, write in some form of english that can be read...), but things went ok, and Reaper is singing away to its heart's content, resonating it's fine tones through alsa midi, and jackdbus, with Linuxsampler.

Here's a pic of Patchage, showing everything playing together nicely on Hardy 32bit...

prschmitt,
nice tip about the unchecked synchro box. worked a treat, thanks.

Dave, unfortunately i can't give any tips here about crashes between reaper v2.301 and jack2dbus, because i, erm, don't have any. I compiled Wine manually with 64 midiportsin/64midiportsout, and set the number of audio ports in .wineasiocfg, (64 in, 8 out), then configured jackdbus for 256 samples with the usual tweaks, and everything's fine. Even with the fairly hefty load from linuxsampler, reference number of ports you see in the pic, everything's working well. Sorry.

More to come, including a progress report on the revival and heavy development going on with Lash(dbus), Jack2 intergalactic(dbus), and Ladi-patchage, the development version of the above pic, that will incorporate project saves across lash enabled apps, and non lash enable apps (intended.), giving the user almost complete control over whole sessions across apps, as a single saved unit.

Should be thoroughly interesting!

p.s. My favourite notation editor, Muse score, is making some decent headway too, as Werner Schweer continues work on multi midi channel for articulations, per staff.
Go Werner!

Alex.

Happy linux user, and no tinfoil in sight.

No.

Really.

Last edited by Alex Stone; 06-23-2008 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:33 AM   #586
Shan

Quote:
...Hardy's come quite a way from Gutsy (7.10) in terms of simple useability, 'out of the box', so to speak, and i'm with Dave on this one, that it's fairly effortless to set up and use...
Hell ya! 8.04 is my fav release so far. I joined the Ubuntu camp back in the 6.06 Dapper Drake days...and it's definitely come a long way. I myself was pretty impressed with the 8.04 release.

Shane

Old 06-24-2008, 02:24 AM   #587
Anomaly

Default How to get linux working?

Hello. I'm sorry if this is offtopic, but I thought there could be someone with knowledge.

The problem is that since I updated my computer to following:

Intel q6600
Intel DP965LT mobo
nvidia 7600gs (and now 9600gt)
Sata II HD
DVD drive in PATA

I have not been able to run ANY linux distro. I haven't tried to install anything, but just to run live cd's of most ubuntu versions (including the most recent) and couple of others. And I never get it to the desktop. It always locks up in some point of loading, or just gives a black screen and nothing happens.

I have stretched my brain out to try and comprehend why is this happening. What is so wrong with my setup? I read all the time others running linux in similar setups without any problems. It seems that I'm bound to Microsoft even if I wanted to change.

Can you help me to sort this out? Thank you!
Anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:14 AM   #588
StudioDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by prschmitt View Post
Not dreaming, dude.
That one lives under the 'buffering' entry under audio preferences.
It's right at the bottom.. "use native events for synchronisation"
_uncheck_ the box for better wine compatibility.
Okay, thanks for the tip. So I did that, but the problem persists. However, I discovered that if I start Reaper and *then* start QJackCtl the system works fine, Reaper picks up the wineasio driver and everything hums along nicely. Weird. Maybe Justin knows about this problem ?

Quote:
BTW I'm 53.. closing in on ya 8P
Ha, another youngster... I always have to keep looking over my shoulder, you kids just keep comin' on...
Old 06-24-2008, 04:22 AM   #589
StudioDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by prschmitt View Post
..if you guys don't know this already, here's a little tip:
As I mentioned in another thread, borrowing the native gdiplus.dll from windows allows a bunch more vst's to work properly in wine.
Cool, I'll try it. However, there is no gdiplus in Wine's system32 directory. I assume I should just drop it in there, yes ? Also, the DLL I downloaded is dated from 2004, should I look for a later version ?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:34 AM   #590
spmbtng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
Hello. I'm sorry if this is offtopic, but I thought there could be someone with knowledge.

The problem is that since I updated my computer to following:

Intel q6600
Intel DP965LT mobo
nvidia 7600gs (and now 9600gt)
Sata II HD
DVD drive in PATA

I have not been able to run ANY linux distro. I haven't tried to install anything, but just to run live cd's of most ubuntu versions (including the most recent) and couple of others. And I never get it to the desktop. It always locks up in some point of loading, or just gives a black screen and nothing happens.

I have stretched my brain out to try and comprehend why is this happening. What is so wrong with my setup? I read all the time others running linux in similar setups without any problems. It seems that I'm bound to Microsoft even if I wanted to change.

Can you help me to sort this out? Thank you!

Anomaly,

I suspect the problem is with the graphic card configuration.

I still haven't tried any flavor(s) of Ubuntu, so this is just general background info for you to try and get some more info, trouble-shooting of sort. The more you know and understand, the easier it will be later on. There are lots of linux distros, and each distro may have a few releases each year, each release may have its own quirks from time to time.

Did you see the liveCD boot up screen and the text shown, scrolling along, then the screen flash into black and nothing is shown? If that is the case, try Ctrl+Alt+F1, it should bring you to the system concole #1, Ctrl+Alt+F2 shows system console #2, ... On system console #1 you should see the last screen of the startup messages, you may be able to scroll backward to see earlier messages with Shift+PgUp and/or Shift+PgDown. If system console #2 shows a root command prompt, something that ends with the pound sign "#", try hitting "Enter" or "Return" key a few times, if it gives you more of those root command prompt, then the liveCD completed the boot up sequence. You can use the root command prompt to do anything. If the command prompt ends with "$", it is not a "root" prompt, just a regular prompt. If the prompt shows "login" on it, then it is a login prompt. Those prompts are setup by the liveCD builder(s).

Everything below assumes that the liveCD boot sequence completed and your system has problem with misconfigured Xorg.

The blank screen you saw is probably at system console #5, or system console #7. That is the graphical windowing system did not configure properly for your graphic card and/or monitor combination. Some times, it's the various display modes, sometimes, it's the timing and resolution that doesn't match the display's capabilities.

Most liveCD has some info on the first boot up screen, and allow you to use "F1", or "F2" key to show you different boot commands you can try. Take a look at those options and try one for "VESA", or "800x600" for screen resolution. VESA is a very old specification that mose graphic cards and monitors support. Generally, "VESA" is slower for graphic intensive, or more advanced functions. But for now, we may want to get some basic graphical window system to display.

Regardless of having windowing system running in VESA mode or not, chances are you still need to find ways to configure Xorg to use your combination of graphic card and monitor. You may have to ask on some Ubuntu forum about how to run the command(s) to configure Xorg for you graphic card and monitor combination, be sure to specify your Ubunto flavor (Ubuntu, Kbuntu, Edubuntu, Ubuntu Studio...) and version number, because from time to time, different versions may have different set of commands to try.

With ATI, and nVidia cards, many people will want to use the proprietary display driver with currently still require a kernel compilation, and/or proprietary display driver compilation. Which generally makes more sense after you installed Linux on hard drive first. Unless you want to do your own liveCD customization, which I don't think you are.

If you already decided to use Ubuntu (or any other distro), stay with it, that should get you to the right direction.

If you have not decided on what Linux distro to use, feel free to try other liveCDs to see if they recognize and configure your graphic card any better. I have tried a few Debian compatible distros.

Some fairly small distros (50MB-120MB) are Damn Small Linux, Puppy Linux. Other Debian compatible liveCD's might be Musix, 64Studio, Sidux, GRML, Knoppix (liveDVD only now???) ... Distrowatch.com has a decent list of popular Linux distros and generally has direct links to those liveCD ISO images.

Sometimes, if you boot up with a liveCD that configure your graphic card properly, you can try to copy the

/etc/X11/xorg.conf

from that working session. Try to use it in the session you have troubles with to see if it helps. Of cousre there are a few steps to try with that, even then, it may still not work because of version differences of Xorg itself used by different distros (mainly release dates).

Although, from a liveCD session, most everything are in RAM (temporary memory). When you reboot, all you changes are gone.

Puppy Linux allows you to save the session changes back onto the liveCD and uses that for the following session. When your Puppy cd/dvd is full, you can even migrate to a new cd/dvd, from what I have read. That's the claim, I haven't tried Puppy Linux myself yet. Of course, running from liveCD/DVD will be much slower than running from hard drive.

Jimmy

Last edited by spmbtng; 06-24-2008 at 08:10 AM.
spmbtng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:13 AM   #591
Anomaly

Thanks Jimmy

That was lots of help. I'm going to go and try what happens now and will report back.

cheers
Anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #592
spmbtng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
Thanks Jimmy

That was lots of help. I'm going to go and try what happens now and will report back.

cheers

You're most welcome, Anomaly.

Here's someone else having black screen with nVidia card using Debian derivative distros. I don't know his exact card model, but the approach should be noted and tried, because each card model may behave differently.

http://www.justlinux.com/forum/print...t=151318&pp=40

Basically, different distro packaging may have its own quirks. If folks who have problems report them to the distribution developers, especially with resolution to the problem(s), hopefully it will be logged as a bug report and tested for later releases. Without formal bug reports in their system, the problem may fall through the cracks and may never get fixed. Hint, hint... you may want to file a bug report to Ubuntu on this one.

Jimmy

P.S. -- some other notes with configuring Xorg in that discussion thread, let me quote that below:

After several months of messing around with different distros, and sort of solving my resolution problem by dumb luck. I had finally had a satisfactory Ubuntu system set up, I settled in to read a book about Ubuntu, which coinicidentally showed me the real solution to my Ubuntu resolution problem almost immediately. I didn't need to edit my xorg.conf file. I needed to run

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

to redo the x.org configuration, and when prompted for the BUS ID, I needed to reply with the BUS ID for the nvidia video card I wanted to use and, not the onboard intel card, and I got that information by running

sudo X :1 -scanpci

and THAT'S why you need to read the fabulous manual. Cause it saves time.

Last edited by spmbtng; 06-25-2008 at 02:14 PM.
spmbtng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #593
prschmitt

Quote:
Cool, I'll try it. However, there is no gdiplus in Wine's system32 directory. I assume I should just drop it in there, yes ? Also, the DLL I downloaded is dated from 2004, should I look for a later version ?
Here's the basic procedure from another thread:

CLICK!

I just snarfed the dll from XP's sytem32 dir IIRC.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by prschmitt; 06-26-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:32 AM   #594
StudioDave

Default new Wine/wineasio packages for 64 Studio

Quentin Hartley has put together a compleat solution for 64 Studio users who want to try Reaper. He's packaged Wine 1.0 and wineasio, all I had to do was install them via Synaptic.

I registered wineasio in the usual way, started Jack and jackbridge (in that order), started Reaper, configured it for ASIO, and connected the jackbridge outputs to the alsa_pcm ports in QJackCtl.

Everything worked nicely. Big kudos to Quentin for his work. For more information see Quentin's Howto :

http://www.64studio.com/node/636

For the technically adept: It's worth noting that this setup is without a chroot, so the normal user needs to do no special work beyond the initial installation and configuration of the software. From what I understand so far, the entire operation takes place in 64-bit space, including the VST support.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #595
Alex Stone

Default AHK

For those who are interested, i've just installed the latest AutoHotKeys in Wine and it seems to be working ok.

Will post more as i learn more, but if there's any chaps more competent with AHK who are willing to install this in Wine 1.0, and test it out, any feedback would be appreciated.

Alex.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #596
Shan

Quote:
For those who are interested, i've just installed the latest AutoHotKeys in Wine and it seems to be working ok...

Alex.

WHOA!!!!

Keep us posted on this. This GREAT news!!!

Shane

Old 07-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #597
Bevosss

Quote:
For those who are interested, i've just installed the latest AutoHotKeys in Wine and it seems to be working ok.
Well...now you've gone too far by half!

I detect a Linux installation coming with my name on it...
Bevosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #598
Shan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss View Post
Well...now you've gone too far by half!

I detect a Linux installation coming with my name on it...

Even better!

Shane

Old 07-30-2008, 05:04 AM   #599
Alex Stone

For all you wireless chaps eager to work in Reaper/linux...

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/...nux-its-lineup

Alex.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:08 AM   #600
StepOne

All of you Linux Reaperites out there, I could use some assistance.

I have my system set up correctly for audio. I'm running Opensuse 11 x64, I compiled all the ALSA drivers, got Jack and Wine up and running. Almost everything is working correctly.

But, here is the problem:

My Layla3G has 8 analog I/Os, and 8 I/Os connected via ADAT for a total of 16. In Jack, my system is only showing 8 input (capture) and output (playback) plugs.

All the ADAT settings are correct inside echomixer, and it shows all 16 channels, but the rest of the system seems to only see the first 8.

Screenshot:

Any suggestions?