Old 11-06-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
ford0415
Human being with feelings

Default Live Audio Processing

Alright, I've found a few tutorials, played around a bit with the software, and essentially I'm replacing Adobe Audition (my educational license runs out soon and I needed a replacement).

I've found a template I like on the Reaper Stash, it's a Podcast template, with three tracks, one for VO, one for music and one for jingles (not that I'll use that last one). I stream gameplay on Twitch and want to use Reaper to process the audio on my Blue Yeti (so far so good). I have my input set to my Yeti, my output set to Virtual Audio Cable (alternatively I could use the XSplit Audio Renderer, but, meh).

So this template works (from based on what I've read), anytime any audio is picked up from the jingle track or the VO track, it will automatically duck the music playing on the music track. I use Spotify for my music, because Twitch has a music library that doesn't get flagged for videos on demand (when you stream, it archives your footage).

I, for the life of me, can't figure out how to get more than one input/output. That's where my snag is. I've derped around in all the settings, but I have had no luck. I can create additional inputs/outputs via VAC, but unless I can find a way to route that audio within Windows/Reaper, it does no good. I "could" buy an audio mixer, but my room and desk is so cluttered right now, I just don't have the room for one, not even a mini desktop style.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!
ford0415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 04:04 PM   #2
lachinhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford0415 View Post
Alright, I've found a few tutorials, played around a bit with the software, and essentially I'm replacing Adobe Audition (my educational license runs out soon and I needed a replacement).

I've found a template I like on the Reaper Stash, it's a Podcast template, with three tracks, one for VO, one for music and one for jingles (not that I'll use that last one). I stream gameplay on Twitch and want to use Reaper to process the audio on my Blue Yeti (so far so good). I have my input set to my Yeti, my output set to Virtual Audio Cable (alternatively I could use the XSplit Audio Renderer, but, meh).

So this template works (from based on what I've read), anytime any audio is picked up from the jingle track or the VO track, it will automatically duck the music playing on the music track. I use Spotify for my music, because Twitch has a music library that doesn't get flagged for videos on demand (when you stream, it archives your footage).

I, for the life of me, can't figure out how to get more than one input/output. That's where my snag is. I've derped around in all the settings, but I have had no luck. I can create additional inputs/outputs via VAC, but unless I can find a way to route that audio within Windows/Reaper, it does no good. I "could" buy an audio mixer, but my room and desk is so cluttered right now, I just don't have the room for one, not even a mini desktop style.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe this is What you need https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=edyF1qwIFGQ
Good luck
lachinhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:06 PM   #3
ford0415

Thanks for the awesome vid! Unfortunately it doesn't help out a lot. Still running into the same problem of inputs/outputs. I've fiddled with a few of the splitters/mixers in that video to try and achieve my ultimate goal, but not a whole lot came from it.
ford0415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 03:01 AM   #4
lachinhan

Default Hi

You need automatically duck the music playing on the music track when you start talking, and it returns to normal when you stop talking ?? You need to do this when you stream
lachinhan is offline   Reply With Quote