Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 07-04-2022, 12:25 PM   #1
Neuro... No Neuro
Human being with feelings

Default Any way to get all 'text' buttons for everything?

I know how to get them on the toolbar - it's great for the way I work. I'd like to apply that same thing to the channels. I'm providing a picture of the theme I've adapted to my own style (Dark Terminal). Basically, I'd like to do away with button images entirely, and just replace them with actual text.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 12.22.06 PM.jpg (9.4 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 12.21.46 PM.jpg (21.4 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 12.22.18 PM.jpg (80.5 KB, 116 views)
Neuro... No Neuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:58 PM   #2
xpander

Not too easily, if I understood your question correctly. You'd have to replace each button image with a text image. IOW you'll have to make a blank button background image and text inside it for every button. Not only that, but since those buttons come in variety of sizes, unless you want to resize every image and make required rearrangements for them in the theme (rtconfig)...you could have hard time fitting clear enough text into them.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 02:21 PM   #3
Neuro... No Neuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Not too easily, if I understood your question correctly. You'd have to replace each button image with a text image. IOW you'll have to make a blank button background image and text inside it for every button. Not only that, but since those buttons come in variety of sizes, unless you want to resize every image and make required rearrangements for them in the theme (rtconfig)...you could have hard time fitting clear enough text into them.
Ugh... Well, thank you for that - that's already what is happening in the current theme. I am dreaming of one day having just an opportunity to replace all images with text and colors alone. No images unless necessary.
Old 07-04-2022, 11:12 PM   #4
foxAsteria

You have the option to make every toolbar button text, yes. But if you mean elsewhere, that's theming. Right click the toolbar, then right click any entry and make it a text icon.

Interesting how your dream is my nightmare... Every time I have to read multiple things to find what I want there's a good chance I'll forget before I make it there.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:32 PM   #5
Neuro... No Neuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Interesting how your dream is my nightmare... Every time I have to read multiple things to find what I want there's a good chance I'll forget before I make it there.
Yep, already figured out how to make the toolbar icons 'text'. I'm using Reaper as more of a mastering/sound-design template, so my needs are different. If text isn't your gig, I'd imagine working with a tracker-sequencer would just be awful

Check out the tracker interface I attached! I'd like to get Reaper more in line with something like that (and it's pretty close!), because my need for the majority of Reaper is nominal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 6.30.06 PM.jpg (125.3 KB, 89 views)
Old 07-05-2022, 09:16 PM   #6
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro... No Neuro View Post
If text isn't your gig, I'd imagine working with a tracker-sequencer would just be awful
Well I actually started on buzz. Wouldn't go back to trackers but I still really like the routing system from buzz. If you're after something like that, have you seen This?
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=202382
Old 07-06-2022, 04:16 PM   #7
Neuro... No Neuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Well I actually started on buzz. Wouldn't go back to trackers but I still really like the routing system from buzz. If you're after something like that, have you seen This?
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=202382
Thanks for sharing that! Yep, I found that a few years ago when I started using Reaper. I still prefer Renoise, which is what I use on a near-daily basis. I just like using Reaper as a mastering tool versus a DAW - and I really dig text buttons
Old 09-19-2022, 12:46 AM   #8
fmL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro... No Neuro View Post
I know how to get them on the toolbar - it's great for the way I work. I'd like to apply that same thing to the channels. I'm providing a picture of the theme I've adapted to my own style (Dark Terminal). Basically, I'd like to do away with button images entirely, and just replace them with actual text.
are you still working on this? i think it'd be a pretty nice minimal theme especially with text colors like Sublime Text or Atom.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:14 AM   #9
Neuro... No Neuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmL View Post
are you still working on this? i think it'd be a pretty nice minimal theme especially with text colors like Sublime Text or Atom.
Nah, I found that this theme pretty much covers it - I just replaced the font with my favorite font Iosevka, and took away all the saturation, so it's just two-tone:

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2841/C...ReaperThemeZip

Too busy makin' tunes, y'know?