Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
No, it doesn't say that.

4.2 Jog Wheel
The Jog Wheel’s behaviour can be modifier with the MODIFIER buttons:
• SHIFT: move Time Region start
• OPTION: move Time Region end
• CONTROL: move Loop start
• ALT: move Loop end
The movement depends on the Zoom level and the status of the SCRUB button. If SCRUB is
off, the position will move one bar or beat, if SCRUB is on, the position will be moved by the time
that is equivalent to two pixel in the REAPER GUI.

This behaviour refers to the Jogwheel + modifiers, which control the Region and Loop starts and ends.

ns
You're right. So... without using the CSI code/project stuff.... can I jog by measure, instead of every 3 measures? I stand corrected but I really need to know how and if this possible. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2019, 02:36 PM   #122
IggyLites
Human being with feelings

Am I completely missing something here, or is this whole thing only available for Windows?
IggyLites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:11 AM   #123
themixtape

Behringer X-Touch Compact....

With virtual MIDI ports created and routed (via LoopMIDI and Midi-Ox)...

I get an endless feedback loop of CC74, when Klinke's extension is enabled and I have my X-Touch's virtual midi ports on the input and output.

When I use the standard Mackie Control protocol, I get an OCCASIONAL blast of CC73 coming from the input.

Everything's fine if I don't have the virtual MIDI ports enabled... but the reason I do is because I'm trying to use the Compact with two layers: A & B, and with all the Mackie-specific messages (literally mostly MIDI notes on channel 1, like, literally)... on a Layer, but not "powered up in Mackie Control Mode".

People have gotten this to work... and it's great because Layer A... you have 40 buttons to assign as synth plugin things, and 16 encoders, plus 9 motorized faders. So, the best of both worlds is being in "Mackie" mode... (with one Layer), and switching to the other layer for general MIDI control.

What I can't figure out is why the feedback loop...

AND....

Why can't I midi-learn anything from the one layer? I have MIDI Device enabled for control messages, and the virtual midi ports enabled in Control Surfaces, so I get all the fader feedback.

I'm pulling my hair out. Barely slept for like 4 days.

Please, someone help. Someone provide a step-by-step method of getting this to work. Please.

Thank you!
Old 09-29-2019, 05:15 AM   #124
mschnell

AFAIU, Klinke is meant for easily using standard MCU protocol devices in a standard workflow with Reaper. Using the XTouch Compact in some creative way is far beyond this purpose. That is why I never intended to use Klinke with my XTouch Compact, which I very happily use in my Reaper based Live setup -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=213568#5 .

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:40 PM   #125
themixtape

Hi Michael, thanks again for replying. Your live set looks awesome and impressive, however your comment isn't helpful to my purpose.

If some people have gotten things to work with their X-Touch Compact and MCU, I know it's possible. I just don't know how to route things properly with Midi-OX and all that... it's so massively confusing at times.

Thanks again!
Old 09-29-2019, 11:15 PM   #126
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
your comment isn't helpful to my purpose.
Obviously But I do hope my answers in the other threads in the other subforums are ...
If you want an easy to use external utility to preprocess Midi messages you might want to try the Bome Translator Pro. But as there are ways showing up to use dedicated free Reaper-internal tools for that purpose, I would not recommend this.
-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:04 AM   #127
themixtape

Thanks... I know you know a LOT about this stuff... I'm still trying to wrap my head around like, Level 2 of this Level 10 knowledge.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:27 AM   #128
studer58

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyLites View Post
....... or is this whole thing only available for Windows?
Correct.
studer58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:52 PM   #129
Anarchron

Default Problems

Hi
I bought a second hand BCF2000, installed the USB driver and the firmware (1-10) from Behringer website, and Klinke's latest Mackie Control.
I've added Mackie Control (Klinke v0.8.3.4)(dev 17,18) to the Control/OSC/web control settings in Reaper.
In the control surface settings I have BCF2000 port 1 as Midi input and output, and I've ticked the last three radio buttons.

The problem is this:

Nothing happens. I start the BCF first in MC C emulation mode (the behringer screen says NC C). As soon as I start Reaper, the Store button lights up and the edit button starts to blink. Nothing happens if I push anything on the Behringer.

If I add "BCF2000 port 1" as a Midi Device, the motorised faders start to move and follow every change I make in Reaper with my mouse on my computerscreen. But if I manipulate a fader (or any other button) on the Behringer, nothing changes in reaper, and the fader on the BCF will even go back to it's oroginal position a second after I let go.

So the BCF2000 listens to Reaper, but Reaper doesn't listen to the BCF2000.

Please, can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Many thanks for any reaction!
Anarchron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #130
LugNut

https://mountainutilities.eu/miditools

Hi,
I believe you've got the midi routing messed up. This is all explained in the reaper user guide under control surfaces.
In short, do not enable the bcf in midi devices ....go further down in the preferences to control surfaces.
Highlight klinke MCU and put the bcf in/out there. It should work.

the bcf faders should now move when moving faders in reaper.

Also, since there is no display on the bcf...that I'm aware of...you need a virtual display to see what would normally come up on an MCU. There are several options on klinkes that you can't see w/o a display.

I use the MCU display emulator in the above link. Thank you Mountain Utilities for midi Tools..
You will have to route klinke out to MCU display in, then display out to bcf.
It sounds harder than it is. You can leave the display out of the test st first, just so you make sure that you have initial routing correct.
Then insert the mcu display emulator making the output routing in midi tools.
Hit me up if you cant get it to work.

GL and stay safe.

Guido
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:09 PM   #131
edding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
I have just updated the Mackie Control extension and suggest all users to update to this version. It does not contain new features (beside a more official support of the 2nd controller hack), but different improvements and bug fixes, an improved manual and a lot of new FX maps.
You can find the update in the download section of the bitbucket repository:
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker..._mcu/downloads

And I want to use the opportunity to announce that I do not plan to invest a lot of time into the extension in the future. Currently I'm involved in a live playing/improvisation oriented project and therefore I'm using Usine in combination with an own Looper-Software, which I'm currently developing. So the development of the MCU extension is cut down to only important issues (like this update ;-)).
Thank you very much for your effort. I've found this solution the best for now.
I have tried 3:
-MCU default by reaper
-CSI
-Klinke

The MCU Editor (Alt+PAN/SURROUND) just worth it to use this solution for now.

The only feature i miss is the ability to select a track in reaper with the mouse and becouse of this the surface can automatically scroll to show any change. If the surface is in a diffent channel bank you cannot see any feedback meanwhile you are manipulating tracks on reaper with the mouse.

MCU reaper default and CSI looks able to do it.

There is any way to address this using Klinke?
edding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #132
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by edding View Post
There is any way to address this using Klinke?
You need to enable the "Follow Reaper" option.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....14#post1976114
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:59 AM   #133
edding

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
You need to enable the "Follow Reaper" option.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....14#post1976114
EDIT: I saw it doesnt work when is selected other folder mode different than flat...
But anyway i can live with this..

Thank you very much!. It works

Last edited by edding; 04-25-2020 at 10:58 AM.
edding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:22 AM   #134
nikguitar

Default Mcu + bcf2000

Hi, im trying to have a mackie universal control and a bcf 2000 as an extender. Having trouble making it work. Should i use the old version of kinkle? (v0.6.4) having trouble finding the old version
nikguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:49 AM   #135
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikguitar View Post
Hi, im trying to have a mackie universal control and a bcf 2000 as an extender. Having trouble making it work. Should i use the old version of kinkle? (v0.6.4) having trouble finding the old version
It's here:
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu/downloads/
Old 12-10-2020, 04:02 PM   #136
Musiccreator

Default VST plugins automatization

I am faced with a problem that I cannot solve. My daw cotroller Beringer X-Touch works great with automating volume envelopes the of a large number of tracks. However, I cannot work in the same way with automating several VST plugins tracks at the same time. Is there a way to configure my controller so that I can control the automation of the VST plugins on multiple tracks at the same time?
Musiccreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 05:27 AM   #137
plant-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiccreator View Post
I am faced with a problem that I cannot solve. My daw cotroller Beringer X-Touch works great with automating volume envelopes the of a large number of tracks. However, I cannot work in the same way with automating several VST plugins tracks at the same time. Is there a way to configure my controller so that I can control the automation of the VST plugins on multiple tracks at the same time?
Are you using the klinke plugin?
plant-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 02:20 PM   #138
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiccreator View Post
I am faced with a problem that I cannot solve. My daw cotroller Beringer X-Touch works great with automating volume envelopes the of a large number of tracks. However, I cannot work in the same way with automating several VST plugins tracks at the same time.
No, this extension can only control a single plugin at once. At the time I developed this, I planned that I will also at a mode where you can assign parameters from different plugins to the faders, but it's really unlikely that I will find time to implement this.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:41 AM   #139
mrdave45

Default add shortcut to folders mode

Hi, recently got an xtouch and loving the klinke software!

Im trying to find a way to change the folder mode without having to press option then twiddle. Ive got a bit stuck. I thought i could perhaps do it via actions but I dont seem to be able to generate or work out what midi signal to send.

What id like to do is press the buses button and have folder mode switch to children only

Then when I press the track button, it reverts to flat.

A nd just to clarify, as 2nd extender was mentioned somewhere, how many extenders does klinke support? Is it just xtouch plus 1 extender using klinke b?

Im curious as to why multiple extender support is proving so difficult.

Thanks
mrdave45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:52 PM   #140
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdave45 View Post
Hi, recently got an xtouch and loving the klinke software!

Im trying to find a way to change the folder mode without having to press option then twiddle. Ive got a bit stuck. I thought i could perhaps do it via actions but I dont seem to be able to generate or work out what midi signal to send.

What id like to do is press the buses button and have folder mode switch to children only

Then when I press the track button, it reverts to flat.
It's not possible to select directly a folder mode via a midi signal. But it should be possible to create a custom action that selects the next (or previos) folder mode. When you filter the Actions for "Klinke" you find a lot of actions that simulates the hardware elements (buttons and also pressing the VPots) of the MCU, so a custom action that first press and hold the Option modifier (the actions which ends with buttons are holding them), then press the VPot 4 and then the Option modifier again should select the next folder mode (as this is what you are doing on the original MCU when you change the folder mode). But I have never tried this. If this does not work, a second workaround would be to activate "Use keyboard modifier" in the Contral Surface Settings and hold the right Alt key on your keyboard while selecting the VPot 4 action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdave45 View Post
A nd just to clarify, as 2nd extender was mentioned somewhere, how many extenders does klinke support? Is it just xtouch plus 1 extender using klinke b?

Im curious as to why multiple extender support is proving so difficult.
Yes, with the current version there is only the workaround with klinke b to activate a second (independent) unit. The main problem for the muliple extender support was, that I have only a single unit (and also no space on my desk for a extender), so it was not possible to test the code when I did rewrote a lot of the logic for the channel strips section.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:05 PM   #141
mrdave45

Thanks Klinke,

I almost got it working. It seems i could get the thing to trigger the modes if i held the option key down and ran the actions. Sometimes it would then retrigger if i pressed optin by itself. Anyway, wierd and flakey.

I think i need a slight delay between the option button and vpot 4 key. I think if theyre activated too close together it miss fores but i could be worng.

I tried putting a 100, then 1000 then 10000 cycle empty loop in the cylce action but that didnt do the trick.Im not sure it put any delay there.

However, on my travels today, i did find this.

The LCD Display and LED segment display can be aff ected by
sending SysEx messages as follows:

LCD display:
- SysEx (hex) F0 00 20 32 dd 4C 00 cc c1 .. c14 F7
- dd: device id (X-Touch: 0x40)
- cc: bits 0-2: backlight color (black, red, green, yellow, blue,
magenta, cyan, white)
- cc: bit 4: invert upper half of LCD
- cc: bit 5: invert lower half of LCD
- c1..c14: ascii characters (1..7: upper half, 8..14: lower half )

Segment Display:
- SysEx (hex) F0 00 20 32 dd 37 s1 .. s12 d1 d2 F7
- s1..s12: segment data (bit 0: segment a, .. bit 6: segment g)
- d1: dots for displays 1..7 (bit 0: display 1, .. bit 6: display 7)
- d2: dots for displays 8..12 (bit 0: display 8, .. bit 4: display 12)

It seems to be from the xtouch one manual. Although it looks like a different version to the ones currently up on the behringer webpager. I cant find a proper manual for mine. Only a rather pathetic quick start with no real info about the device at all.

But, it seems that colours can be controlled. Unfortunately I dont know the syntax for sysex so I havent got this working yet, but do you think, it might be possible to trigger some sysex messages via an action? Maybe retrigger this action everytime a trackname/position is altered to keep it up to date?
mrdave45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:54 AM   #142
TheWhistler

Working with the Klinke MCU I discoverd some strange behavior.
I tried to set some of the F1 to F8 knobs to common "key-commands".
So I wanted to be F1 to be a toggle to show or hide all envelopes in all tracks.
This worked...somehow and in a very strange way.
It cycled through the toggle but was also linked to play/pause mode
This meant that, that every time I hit the space bar my envelopes vanished.
Was not that easy to identify and drove me nuts.

My question is: Did I do something wrong? I´ve been through the manual quite a bit now and did not find anything.

The other thing is, communication between the X-Touch and Reaper breaks randomly.
I observed this mostly in projects with very much (150+) tracks.
I have to shut down everything and start again to get it back to work.
Can this be as well be caused by a corrupted project?

Thank´s for thinking this over and once again thank you for the extension.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:33 PM   #143
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhistler View Post
It cycled through the toggle but was also linked to play/pause mode
This meant that, that every time I hit the space bar my envelopes vanished.
Was not that easy to identify and drove me nuts.
Are you sure that you didn't accidentally pressed the space bar while you had learn enabled? If not: What happens when you disable the extension and press the space bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhistler View Post
The other thing is, communication between the X-Touch and Reaper breaks randomly.
I observed this mostly in projects with very much (150+) tracks.
I have to shut down everything and start again to get it back to work.
Can this be as well be caused by a corrupted project?
Don't think so. You can try to reduce the Update Frequency in the Control Surface Settings. And to use different (ideally shorter) USB cables, that sometimes works wonders.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:05 PM   #144
TheWhistler

Default Just to clear things up

I realized that I can´t map the F buttons (my bad).
It works with the buttons right to the global view button.

The breaking midi communication was obviously introduced by my Elektron Digitone.
When it goes into idle mode it will do this for the whole midi setup.

As long as the Digitone is not switched on, the communiaction between Reaper and the X-Touch is quite stable.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:22 AM   #145
Klinke

After five years I finally released a new update of my Reaper
extension. For Icon QCon Pro-X users the most important change is
surely that now all elements of the Pro-X hardware are supported.
But there are also other improvments, like the support of Send/Receive
automation, an improved meterbridge (the routing was only incompletely
considered so far) and a new Plug-Mode option, which allows to
automatically switches to the page of the parameter, which was changed
with the mouse.

Here is the download link:
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu_klinke.zip
Old 05-12-2021, 12:41 PM   #146
nofish

Quote:
and a new Plug-Mode option, which allows to
with the mouse.
Ohhhh this rings a bell
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...ollows-touched

Thank you!
Old 05-12-2021, 01:05 PM   #147
Klinke

Yes, it only took me eight years to implement this ;-) But it is a great idea, thank you.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:18 PM   #148
nofish

Haha, totally unexpected that it eventually comes to life after all these years.
Will certainly check it out and report back.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:27 PM   #149
bcab17

After a long wait, the x-touch finally arrived today. And after much help from many folks here, I have updated the firmware (my "Reaper PC" is a Ryzen system, so I had to connect to my Surface Pro to do the update). My next step was to download and install the Klinke extension. In Reaper preferences, there is the option to add:
Mackie Control Protocol (Klinke)
and
Mackie Control Protocol B (Klinke)

Which one do I select?
bcab17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:44 PM   #150
bcab17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcab17 View Post
After a long wait, the x-touch finally arrived today. And after much help from many folks here, I have updated the firmware (my "Reaper PC" is a Ryzen system, so I had to connect to my Surface Pro to do the update). My next step was to download and install the Klinke extension. In Reaper preferences, there is the option to add:
Mackie Control Protocol (Klinke)
and
Mackie Control Protocol B (Klinke)

Which one do I select?
It looks like the new manual I also just downloaded mentions that the "B" version is for use when a second controller (extension) is being used.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:52 PM   #151
bcab17

There's this great post by "Sofia" that lists a step by step process for setting up the x-touch with the Klinke extension. I followed each step, and copied and unpacked the Klinke zip file into the Reaper "Plugins" folder.

I went into Reaper preferences, but before I added the Mackie Protocol (Klinke), I checked the Klinke manual installation instructions, and it says to copy and unpack the zip file in the "User Plugins" folder.

The Klinke option was there in Reaper preferences...so can I proceed with the setup (with the Klinke files and MCU folder in "Plugins") or do I need to abort the setup, and move those files and folder into "User Plugins" before proceeding?
Old 05-12-2021, 11:46 PM   #152
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcab17 View Post
There's this great post by "Sofia" that lists a step by step process for setting up the x-touch with the Klinke extension. I followed each step, and copied and unpacked the Klinke zip file into the Reaper "Plugins" folder.

I went into Reaper preferences, but before I added the Mackie Protocol (Klinke), I checked the Klinke manual installation instructions, and it says to copy and unpack the zip file in the "User Plugins" folder.

The Klinke option was there in Reaper preferences...so can I proceed with the setup (with the Klinke files and MCU folder in "Plugins") or do I need to abort the setup, and move those files and folder into "User Plugins" before proceeding?
No, that's not necessary. I adjusted the path in the update manual to this newer convention, but it is only important that the MCU folder is beside the csurf_mcu_klinke.dll, as the extension will search in the path of the dll for the MCU folder.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:01 AM   #153
bcab17

Quote:
No, that's not necessary. I adjusted the path in the update manual to this newer convention, but it is only important that the MCU folder is beside the csurf_mcu_klinke.dll, as the extension will search in the path of the dll for the MCU folder.
Well, I figured that your manual should take precedence, so I deleted the MCU folder and the Kline files from the "Plugins" folder, then copied the zip file into the "User Plugins" folder, and unzipped there...so it has all the appropriate files and the MCU folder.

However, nothing on the x-touch works. I followed the manual installation instructions, went into Preferences/Control Surfaces, etc. Then added the Klinke option, changed the 15Hz to 30Hz (for the delay update frequency)...and that seems to be where the manual install instructions stop. I then went back to the Sofia thread, and went the Preferences/Audio/Midi Devices, and enabled the x-touch for both midi input and outputs.

I closed Reaper, and restarted the pc. When I restarted Reaper, and the project finished loading, the x-touch faders jumped up to -10dB. The white light on the scroll wheel lit up, and the scribble scripts lit up (no text)...and nothing works...no buttons, pan knobs or faders do anything.

I am completely stumped.

I am using a 4-month old SSL 2+ interface that has been working flawlessly (I don't know if that has anything to do with it). I've tried different USB connectors on my pc. I don't know what else to do.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:42 AM   #154
LugNut

Hi,
Do not enable the xtouch under midi devices...just control surfaces.
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:50 AM   #155
nofish

Got a chance to quickly check out the new Plugin follow changes mode (demo).
Seems to work nicely so far, love it. Thanks again.

On a sidenote:
Until now I've used my own modded version of your plugin (edit: never publicly released) because I wanted to have dB values and level meters (relevant post, code of my mod is here if you're interested), not sure when it came back but I noticed that in this version showing dB values and level meters both work out of the box again, so no need for my mod anymore.

Last edited by nofish; 05-13-2021 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:21 AM   #156
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
On a sidenote:
Until now I've used my own modded version of your plugin (edit: never publicly released) because I wanted to have dB values and level meters (relevant post, code of my mod is here if you're interested), not sure when it came back but I noticed that in this version showing dB values and level meters both work out of the box again, so no need for my mod anymore.
Yes, this is a sideeffect of my work on the level-meters. The Mackie Control has some virtual level-meters which used before the complete lower row, but I detected, that they can be also switch to a vertical mode, that overwrites only two chars, when there is a signal. So I decided to use this and always show the dB in the second row.

Last edited by Klinke; 05-13-2021 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:47 AM   #157
nofish

Quote:
Yes, this is a sideeffect of my work on the level-meters. The Mackie Control has some virtual level-meters which used before the complete lower row, but I detected, that they can be also switch to a vertical mode, that overwrites only two chars, when there is a signal. So I decided to use this and always sow the dB in the second row.
Ah makes sense.
As can be seen in my gif above I'm using that MCU display emulation (which shows text only) with my BCR2000 and as 'level meters' I use an encoder row on it, so I didn't notice the actual change, just that it magically works again.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:37 PM   #158
bcab17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi,
Do not enable the xtouch under midi devices...just control surfaces.
Got it...thanks.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:12 AM   #159
rothchild

Quote:
After five years I finally released a new update of my Reaper
extension. For Icon QCon Pro-X users the most important change is
surely that now all elements of the Pro-X hardware are supported.
But there are also other improvments, like the support of Send/Receive
automation, an improved meterbridge (the routing was only incompletely
considered so far) and a new Plug-Mode option, which allows to
with the mouse.

Here is the download link:
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu_klinke.zip
This is fabulous news, been waiting on send / receive automation for ages! Thanks Klinke.

Of course the downside is that this is the week I've finally decided to take the plunge and migrate my DAW to linux, it is possible to complle the Klink CSurf source code for linux?
rothchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:14 AM   #160
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothchild View Post
This is fabulous news, been waiting on send / receive automation for ages! Thanks Klinke.

Of course the downside is that this is the week I've finally decided to take the plunge and migrate my DAW to linux, it is possible to complle the Klink CSurf source code for linux?
It uses the cross-platform library Juce, so I think this should be possible in principle. But the version usedis really old and I believe that an update to the current version would be necessary. I did this for another (private) project last month and although there was much less Juce code to update, it took some evenings already, so this alone is not a trivial task.

I have a lot of sympathy for Linux (and only boot Windows for making music), but have too much invested in Windows plugins, and also my other two projects that I use in Reaper are currently Windows-only, so it's unlikely that I'll be working on a Linux version myself in the near future.