Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 08-18-2020, 12:46 AM   #1321
Dievas
Human being with feelings

Another screenshot

Dievas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:10 AM   #1322
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dievas View Post
Thanks Moos.

This is the screenshot

If I press the IN CONTROL button nothing happens....
As I wrote you need to disable all in-/outputs of the MkIII in Reaper. Please read and follow the installation and configuration instructions in the manual in section 2.2 (read the full section till the end of page 12).
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:15 AM   #1323
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dievas View Post
Another screenshot

First disable the in-/outputs in Reaper and restart to make sure they are no longer blocked.

Then select the 2nd MkIII port for 1st in-/output and the 1st as the 2nd input (see section 22.1 in the manual). So, the other way round as you selected it.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:55 AM   #1324
Dievas

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
First disable the in-/outputs in Reaper and restart to make sure they are no longer blocked.

Then select the 2nd MkIII port for 1st in-/output and the 1st as the 2nd input (see section 22.1 in the manual). So, the other way round as you selected it.
IT WORKS, IT WORKS, IT WORKS!!!!!!

Thank you very much Moos!!!!

Old 08-24-2020, 01:10 PM   #1325
moss

DrivenByMoss 10.6.2 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Reaper 6.12+
  • Akai Fire
    • New: Shift + Scene: Selects the scene without starting it.
    • New: Selecting or starting a scene shows its' name in the display.
  • Launchpad
    • New: Display the track number and name on track selection.
    • New: Display the function of the selected row in Mix mode.
    • Fixed: Not all selected modes were displayed in Bitwig and some names showed Session.
    • Fixed: Mix view was canceled when track selection changed.
    • Fixed: Long pressing a pad in a fader mode caused the selection of a track.
  • Push
    • New: Note Repeat + Scene - Change note repeat period
    • New: Shift + Note Repeat + Scene - Change note repeat note length

Enjoy!
Old 08-26-2020, 04:41 AM   #1326
Skijumptoes

Moss, you're an incredible man. I've not updated my version for a while, but updated last night and the NI Integration is brilliant. Really big thanks for what you're doing.

I'd love to be able to re-order the parameter order for plugins, but really the interface is so quick that scrolling through pages is no hardship.

Again, MASSIVE thankyou!
Skijumptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:50 PM   #1327
Skijumptoes

Just trying this with my MCU now, one question:-

When i press the browser button (User button) it gives me 'PRESET' above VPot8, but there's nothing to select. Am i right in thinking a list of plugins should be displayed here?

If i click Vpot 8 it then shows '>' above Vpot1.

Anyone else have this and know how to fix it?

Thanks
Skijumptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:07 PM   #1328
Dievas

Hi Moss.

How can I get to work the SL MKII sequencer together with Reaper? (My SL MKII's sequencer doesn't works when IN Control mode is activated....)

Thank you again for this great software.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:23 PM   #1329
Piszpan

@moss:

1. What does the Mixer button in Maschine Mk3 do exactly? Does it open literally the mixer alone or the whole docker? (I use docked mixer and my docker also contains some other tabs, like: FX Browser, Project Bay etc. If I press Ctrl+M, it opens the whole docker, if I press Ctril+M again it only closes mixer, but the other tabs remain open. So the "Ctrl-M-like-behavior" is useless to me. "Alt+D" is the desired one.)

2. In plugin editing mode in Maschine Mk3 the 8 buttons above the screens are used to select tracks, right? What are the ABCDEFGH buttons used for?

3. Is there any way to control *focused plugin* instead of *plugin on a selected track*?
Piszpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:22 AM   #1330
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skijumptoes View Post
Moss, you're an incredible man. I've not updated my version for a while, but updated last night and the NI Integration is brilliant. Really big thanks for what you're doing.

I'd love to be able to re-order the parameter order for plugins, but really the interface is so quick that scrolling through pages is no hardship.

Again, MASSIVE thankyou!
Thanks!
Old 08-30-2020, 12:19 PM   #1331
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skijumptoes View Post
Just trying this with my MCU now, one question:-

When i press the browser button (User button) it gives me 'PRESET' above VPot8, but there's nothing to select. Am i right in thinking a list of plugins should be displayed here?

If i click Vpot 8 it then shows '>' above Vpot1.

Anyone else have this and know how to fix it?

Thanks
This works only for the Reaper presets. E.g. add a ReaComp and you should see "stock - Rock" etc.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:44 PM   #1332
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piszpan View Post
1. What does the Mixer button in Maschine Mk3 do exactly? Does it open literally the mixer alone or the whole docker? (I use docked mixer and my docker also contains some other tabs, like: FX Browser, Project Bay etc. If I press Ctrl+M, it opens the whole docker, if I press Ctril+M again it only closes mixer, but the other tabs remain open. So the "Ctrl-M-like-behavior" is useless to me. "Alt+D" is the desired one.)
It toggles only the Mixer. So, it is useless to you.

Quote:
2. In plugin editing mode in Maschine Mk3 the 8 buttons above the screens are used to select tracks, right? What are the ABCDEFGH buttons used for?
The group buttons (ABCDEFGH) always select the track of the current page, no matter what mode is selected in the display. The buttons above the screen are for selecting the mode. See section 17.7 in the manual.

Quote:
3. Is there any way to control *focused plugin* instead of *plugin on a selected track*?
No, up to my knowledge that is not possible with the Reaper API.
Old 08-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #1333
moss

DrivenByMoss4Reaper 10.6.3 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Reaper 6.12+
  • All devices
    • Fixed: Raindrop sequencer did crash if more measures than 32 or 32 with 1/32t and 1/32 were used. The later issue is fixed and the first issue get blocked (only 32 measures get filled).
    • Fixed: Drum 4 / Drum 8 - setting note length on the grid was broken
  • Akai Fire
    • New: Displays the number of the edit page when switching to the previous/next.
    • Fixed: Crash in browser when select knob was released.
  • Launchpad
    • New: Updated documentation images
    • New: Added fixed accent option to the settings
    • New: Fixed accent can be toggled with the yellow pad in the right upper corner of the shift mode
  • Push 2
    • Fixed: Long press delay was about double the time as with Push 1

Enjoy!
Old 08-30-2020, 01:45 PM   #1334
Piszpan

Quote:
It toggles only the Mixer. So, it is useless to you.
Is it possible that you add the "Alt+D" behavior some time in the future?
Old 08-31-2020, 02:24 AM   #1335
moss

I just released a fix 10.6.4:
  • Requires Reaper 6.12+
  • Push
    • Fixed: Grid resolution could not be changed in drum modes
Old 09-01-2020, 03:48 AM   #1336
rotkrank

Default JAVA RUNTIME ERROR

Hello,

I downloaded the DriverByMoss driver. Then I copied it in the reaper user plugins folder, but when I start the program it gives me an error.

drivenbymoss: ERROR: Could not call startup.java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError C:\Users\Martin Taskov\AppData\Roaming\Reaper\UserPlugins\java-runtime\bin\javaaccessbridge.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

Any help with that? Reaper just shuts down and I got to delete all the driverbymoss folders and then it starts up right. But I can't use my launchpad as intented that way.

Regards
Martin Taskov
rotkrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:22 AM   #1337
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotkrank View Post
Hello,

I downloaded the DriverByMoss driver. Then I copied it in the reaper user plugins folder, but when I start the program it gives me an error.

drivenbymoss: ERROR: Could not call startup.java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError C:\Users\Martin Taskov\AppData\Roaming\Reaper\UserPlugins\java-runtime\bin\javaaccessbridge.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

Any help with that? Reaper just shuts down and I got to delete all the driverbymoss folders and then it starts up right. But I can't use my launchpad as intented that way.

Regards
Martin Taskov
See section 2.2.4 in the manual.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:24 AM   #1338
rotkrank

Quote:
See section 2.2.4 in the manual.
Thank you. It worked. I watched all your videos and read through the manual, but I can't quite seem to setup my Novation LaunchPad Mini. Is it because it is not supported or am I missing something? And also can i wire up Maschine MK2?

Regards

Last edited by rotkrank; 09-02-2020 at 01:41 AM.
rotkrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:08 AM   #1339
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotkrank View Post
Thank you. It worked. I watched all your videos and read through the manual, but I can't quite seem to setup my Novation LaunchPad Mini. Is it because it is not supported or am I missing something? And also can i wire up Maschine MK2?
Only the Launchpad Mini Mk3 is support. Also for Maschine it is only Mk3 and Mikro Mk3.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:52 PM   #1340
sound warrior

Default save push2 sequencer state as track template?

Hi everyone hope you're all doing well and staying safe. Are you able to save push2’s sequencer state as a track template? Or is it saved on a per project basis? If somebody could help with this that would be great thanks very much for your help everyone :-)
Old 09-09-2020, 12:12 AM   #1341
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound warrior View Post
Hi everyone hope you're all doing well and staying safe. Are you able to save push2’s sequencer state as a track template? Or is it saved on a per project basis? If somebody could help with this that would be great thanks very much for your help everyone :-)
Not sure what you mean by "sequencer state". The created notes are normal Reaper media items and stored in the Reaper project.

Furthermore, DrivenByMoss has global settings, which are the same for all projects and then there are document specific settings, which you can access via the document settings dialog. These are stored with each Reaper project.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:30 AM   #1342
Pieter

Hello everyone,

Since I am not very experienced, I have 2 questions that I could not find an answer to on this forum.
I'm using an IconQconPro with 2 extenders and installed DrivenByMoss4Reaper and configured Mackie MCU + 2 externders. Also installed SWS extensions.

-Since I installed SWS extensions, the vu meters of the 2nd extender no longer work. If I switch the extenders, the problem stays on the 2nd extender, so i think it's not a hardware issue.

-The Icon has 8 assignable buttons, marker 1-8.
In the documentation section 14.6.5 are 8 Assignable buttons: F1-F8
In the configuration window i only find F1-F5.

Am I missing any adjustments?

Thanks,

Pieter
Pieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:57 AM   #1343
sound warrior

Hi thanks for your reply, I am totally blind. I know there is a button on the push2 which changes between drum and note sequencing modes, because there is no indication for me to know what mode I'm in I want to be able to load up each sequencer mode to a blank template so I don't have to change modes every time. I hope this is possible and I hope I've explained myself well enough, thanks for your help as always :-)
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by "sequencer state". The created notes are normal Reaper media items and stored in the Reaper project.

Furthermore, DrivenByMoss has global settings, which are the same for all projects and then there are document specific settings, which you can access via the document settings dialog. These are stored with each Reaper project.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:03 AM   #1344
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
-Since I installed SWS extensions, the vu meters of the 2nd extender no longer work. If I switch the extenders, the problem stays on the 2nd extender, so i think it's not a hardware issue.
Sorry, no idea what could cause this. I only have one extender, so I cannot test this. Are you using a specific SWS function or does it already happen when it gets loaded? Have you checked that all MIDI in-/outputs of the extenders are fully disabled in the Reaper settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
-The Icon has 8 assignable buttons, marker 1-8.
In the documentation section 14.6.5 are 8 Assignable buttons: F1-F8
In the configuration window i only find F1-F5.
It is only F1-F5. I had a typo in that section (just fixed it). F6 to F8 are fixed. See section 14.2 and 14.3.2.

Best is to use the Bitwig mode and the Bitwig overlay. I also just added that info to the documentation.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:02 AM   #1345
petergreeny

Jurgen, per my original question (original content below), using an MCU controller in Logic with most plugins there is a default value returned to when the user presses the rotary encoder for that control. So for an EQ, the gain returns to middle 0 rather than the lowest value as currently happens in your software. I'm just wondering how MCU control in Logic knows what the plugin's default value is per knob, and whether that information can't be incorporated into DrivenbyMoss by way of some already accessible parameter per plugin?

(Original question: is there an extant configuration option so that when editing a plugin parameter and pressing the rotary encoder button, instead of the parameter in question going all the way to minimum it would reset to default? For instance, on an EQ gain control that has a -20 to + 20 range, it would be great if pressing the encoder reset it to '0' instead of to -20 each time. Can't seem to figure out how to set that up at present with Moss...))

Quote:
Sadly, there is no information what is a meaningful default value for the parameter.
petergreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:44 PM   #1346
Pieter

Quote:
Sorry, no idea what could cause this. I only have one extender, so I cannot test this. Are you using a specific SWS function or does it already happen when it gets loaded? Have you checked that all MIDI in-/outputs of the extenders are fully disabled in the Reaper settings?

I'll try that out tomorrow, I'll let you know.

It is only F1-F5. I had a typo in that section (just fixed it). F6 to F8 are fixed. See section 14.2 and 14.3.2.

Best is to use the Bitwig mode and the Bitwig overlay. I also just added that info to the documentation.
That makes a lot clear, thanks for your help!
Pieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:51 PM   #1347
sound warrior

Default feature request speech feedback for push2 with reaper using system voice?

hi @moss thanks for your help so far. would you think you would be able to imploment speech feedback for push2 with reaper using the mac os system voice? so when you tearn a knob or press a button on push2 you would get speech feedback for whats going on? thanks for your help as always
Old 09-11-2020, 02:25 PM   #1348
mlegls

Quote:
DrivenByMoss 10.6.2 is online!
...[*]Fixed: Mix view was canceled when track selection changed.
Hi, and thanks so much to MOSS for making this!
I have a bug report and 2 feature requests.

Bug:
I see in patch 10.6.2 "Fixed: Mix view was canceled when track selection changed.", but on my Launchpad X, the issue still exists in Volume, Pan, and Send modes. So I suspect this is probably a bug for other Novation devices too.

Feature 1:
It would be great if the shift mode on non-pro Novation devices had a few blank CC message buttons.
Personally, I'd use use one to control a action to switch my Launchpad X to its default MIDI device mode, then have a custom button there for an action to switch back to DrivenByMoss. I like the X's factory virtual faders better than DrivenByMoss's implemenation, and also might sometimes want access to more obscure custom modes.

Feature 2:
It would also be great if mixer mode (including volume/pan/sends) made use of the two up/down selector buttons too, either to skip 8 tracks at a time, or to do what the left/right buttons do now, while the left/right button could actually move left and right when there are more than 8 clips on a track.

Also, is the source code for this project available anywhere? I checked the git-moss GitHub repo, but it seemed to only have the Bitwig version.
Thanks again so much for making this; what a godsend.
mlegls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 07:53 AM   #1349
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound warrior View Post
hi @moss thanks for your help so far. would you think you would be able to imploment speech feedback for push2 with reaper using the mac os system voice? so when you tearn a knob or press a button on push2 you would get speech feedback for whats going on? thanks for your help as always
Interesting idea. I looked into it but I am afraid this would be quite some work and I am not sure if it will work at all. I would need to make it run via Java accessibility (on all three OS) and I am not sure what is the state of it (docs are quite old about the technology).
Old 09-12-2020, 10:02 AM   #1350
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlegls View Post
I see in patch 10.6.2 "Fixed: Mix view was canceled when track selection changed.", but on my Launchpad X, the issue still exists in Volume, Pan, and Send modes. So I suspect this is probably a bug for other Novation devices too.
You are right. Will be fixed in the next update.

Quote:
Feature 1:
It would be great if the shift mode on non-pro Novation devices had a few blank CC message buttons.
Personally, I'd use use one to control a action to switch my Launchpad X to its default MIDI device mode, then have a custom button there for an action to switch back to DrivenByMoss. I like the X's factory virtual faders better than DrivenByMoss's implemenation, and also might sometimes want access to more obscure custom modes.
Uh, sorry. That is already pretty crammed and I think that is just a bit too much :-)

Quote:
Feature 2:
It would also be great if mixer mode (including volume/pan/sends) made use of the two up/down selector buttons too, either to skip 8 tracks at a time, or to do what the left/right buttons do now, while the left/right button could actually move left and right when there are more than 8 clips on a track.
Up/down already scrolls the scenes/clips (region markers in Reapers case). But I noticed the LED lighting was wrong, so you might not have noticed.

Quote:
Also, is the source code for this project available anywhere? I checked the git-moss GitHub repo, but it seemed to only have the Bitwig version.
I decided against it, since it is very complicated and not easy to build and I simply did not want to support it.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:10 AM   #1351
redddog

OK. What am I doing wrong?

I DL'd the zip. Copied into Reaper >> userplugins

And still I do not see it as an option in Control surfaces.
redddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:35 AM   #1352
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by redddog View Post
OK. What am I doing wrong?

I DL'd the zip. Copied into Reaper >> userplugins

And still I do not see it as an option in Control surfaces.
Extract all files from the ZIP file. Read the included manual and follow the installation instructions.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:38 AM   #1353
petergreeny

Hi Jurgen. Wondering if you can set up the protocol so that when you hit the play/stop button FX tails continue on. Right now, no matter what custom actions I use, I can't hear reverb tails when pressing stop unless in the DrivenbyMoss settings I select 'Behaviour On Stop = Pause', but the problem there is that the edit cursor stays at the starting play point instead of stopping and restarting like an actual pause right where you pressed the button. Is there a way to fix this?
petergreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:47 PM   #1354
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergreeny View Post
Hi Jurgen. Wondering if you can set up the protocol so that when you hit the play/stop button FX tails continue on. Right now, no matter what custom actions I use, I can't hear reverb tails when pressing stop unless in the DrivenbyMoss settings I select 'Behaviour On Stop = Pause', but the problem there is that the edit cursor stays at the starting play point instead of stopping and restarting like an actual pause right where you pressed the button. Is there a way to fix this?
I don't see an issue with that. Just did a test and delay and reverb keep sounding when I press stop.
Are you saying that the sound is completely cut off when you press stop?
If yes, could be one of the gazillion settings of Reaper. Search in the settings dialog for "stop". There are several settings for stopping audio.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:00 AM   #1355
Piszpan

@petergreeny

Try:

REAPER Preferences -> Audio -> Playback

Uncheck "Run FX when stopped"
Then type something like e.g. 4000 in "Run FX for"
Then check "Run FX when stopped"
Old 09-19-2020, 02:38 AM   #1356
flavor8

Default Session view on Launchpad X

Thank you for your work on this!

I followed your video here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47exKwGwHko) and got as far as making clips on multiple tracks (using my Launchpad X). I ran into two issues, which might just be me missing a step.

a) How do I make multiple clips on one track? Pressing "new" again seems to be a no-op.

b) Session view doesn't seem to have clips on it(?) - seemingly just tracks. I can mute / unmute tracks using the buttons at the bottom, and pressing the red column (https://imgur.com/a/qLzCM1W) restarts all clips at once. But there's no actual representation of the clips as far as I can see.
flavor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:12 AM   #1357
Tiggerdyret

Do you know if we can expect to see Maschine+ support for DBM?
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:44 AM   #1358
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavor8 View Post
a) How do I make multiple clips on one track? Pressing "new" again seems to be a no-op.
The new clip is always created at the current play position. So to create a new clip you need to move the play cursor after the clip. Maybe not the best solution for that but other ways have also drawbacks (it's a workaround after all).
To work with this you could create a template with some "scenes" (regions), start another scene and then create new clips in the scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavor8 View Post
b) Session view doesn't seem to have clips on it(?) - seemingly just tracks. I can mute / unmute tracks using the buttons at the bottom, and pressing the red column (https://imgur.com/a/qLzCM1W) restarts all clips at once. But there's no actual representation of the clips as far as I can see.
Works fine here. Note that you can always only play the clips of a scene since Reaper has only one play cursor not separate ones for each track.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:45 AM   #1359
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdyret View Post
Do you know if we can expect to see Maschine+ support for DBM?
Haha, I was curious when the first one would ask :-)

No, idea if I can get one but I am expecting that the control mode is identical to the Mk3. Therefore, it should work out of the box but who knows...
Old 09-19-2020, 10:14 AM   #1360
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Haha, I was curious when the first one would ask :-)

No, idea if I can get one but I am expecting that the control mode is identical to the Mk3. Therefore, it should work out of the box but who knows...
Yes I also found it weird no one had asked yet 😂
Yeah, as far as I know it's the same, so let's hope it doesn't require too much work. Do you ever get controllers sponsored by companies or do you have to buy em all yourself?
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote