Old 10-18-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
Gerry G
Human being with feelings

Default Please take my money

I have been trying to register without using a credit card over the net. This has been like playing the early computer games where everything you tried led to a dead end with no way back.

The Regnow FAQ contains the usual platitudes about security without saying "We are so confident about our systems that we guarantee your security". They actually say what most net transaction companies say.

In the case of Regnow the FAQ states:
"Is it safe to use my credit card on the Internet?
This depends on how carefully a site has worked to ensure your credit card information is kept secret. As explained above, we have taken great precautions to ensure that your credit card information is kept secret---".

That is not very reassuring. I sent them an email as follows:----

Damn! now I cannot tell you what it said because they use those formal response forms and you do not retain a copy. It was along the lines of how I tried to use the currency converter and got differing amounts and do not wish to use a credit card but

Am I missing something? or is this stuff all ok if you are in Europe or the US or just use credit cards but once outside that loop it is like 'we do not want your pesos'?

Please, I just want to send a cheque in Australian dollars for $39.95 plus $2.50 $US handling charge which converts to $55.95AUD or $56.32AUD depending on which currency converter you use. I do not have a US bank account so I have got to send it by an Australian cheque. Will somebody please accept my money?
Gerry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
Gerry G

Default Love Reaper and this community

I should add that I love Reaper and this community as it is so informative that I feel obliged to pay for Reaper even if I just read the forums. This is because of the development effort and the good spirit around Reaper.

My rant about being hard to pay for it is not a criticism of Reaper or even of Regnow as I appreciate that probably the vast majority of registrants probably have no problem. I just want to pay by cheque and I am in Australia which has the added problem of exchange rates fluctuating.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry G
Please, I just want to send a cheque in Australian dollars for $39.95 plus $2.50 $US handling charge which converts to $55.95AUD or $56.32AUD depending on which currency converter you use. I do not have a US bank account so I have got to send it by an Australian cheque.
Australia Post can do an international Money Order in US Dollars if you really want to use a cheque.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:03 PM   #4
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmj
Australia Post can do an international Money Order in US Dollars if you really want to use a cheque.

Cheers,

Malcolm.

That would definitely make it easier for us
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:13 PM   #5
Gerry G

Default Ok

will do it that way.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:44 PM   #6
J Kennedy

Default Funny, isn't it

A little bit funny.

I had Goldwave shareware on my computer for 2 tears before registering. Winzip was there for over 3 years. Most all of my software is legal. I think I got took with Adobe Photoshop CS for $99 from a backup website. That's another story. It works great, but I think I got took.

The Reaper project got my modest bucks after a week. What got me moving was that the program was offered on my own honor, without restrictions, time limits, activation crap.(this beyond being a great program)

The team is completely agressive in upgrades and fixes. This is obvious to anyone hanging out on the site for a couple days.They listen and respond to their clients. The project is probably the most flexible and fast evolving audio project available.

The forums are starred with great people, sending in their opinions, their efforts to supplement, improve and getting results...fast...

I stll use Reaper as a support program, but at this rate...

Reaper will always be on my box. I would urge all to register, send in the money, and support this progressive effort.

Saw a posting somewhere that had a lot of wisdom. "Don't drink and post" Miller brewing company got in the way of this one, so hope it makes sense to me in the morning.

Anyway, search the heart and send the bucks to support these guys. Looking forward to 1.33 and beyond.

Best Regards.
John K

Last edited by J Kennedy; 10-19-2006 at 07:58 PM.
J Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #7
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Kennedy
What got me moving was that the program was offered on my own honor, without restrictions, time limits, activation crap.(this beyond being a great program)
Yeah, Copy Protection is generally in a sad state of affairs with most software these days. There's quite a few Native Instruments plug-ins that I'd like to buy, but their Copy Protection system (even for demos) sucks so badly that I just couldn't be bothered.

It would be great to see a few other developers follow Justin's lead on this.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:15 AM   #8
Gerry G

Default Thanks Malcolm J.

Sent the Australia Post cheque today, to Cockos direct in $US and should be registered in a few days. Whoohoo now Justin can really splurge on his holiday. Hehe.

Downloaded the latest Reaper feeling a bit holier than thou as I had tried to avoid updating until registering and it really stutters on every demo track with my intel 1.6 with 384 meg of ram. I know my specs are prehistoric but the earlier versions did not seem to stutter so much.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:11 AM   #9
Art Evans
Mortal

I did a render test earlier today comparing version 1.20 and 1.32 and they came up the same in terms of time taken, FWIW.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:59 AM   #10
Xaake

Probably just some settings, try looking at your asio delay settings for example, set a slightly higher latency and you should be good to go.

AMD Athlon-XP 3000+ @ 3200+, 1GB DDR-RAM, Presonus Inspire 1394, Edirol MA-15D

It is always good weather indoors!
Xaake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #11
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Downloaded the latest Reaper feeling a bit holier than thou as I had tried to avoid updating until registering and it really stutters on every demo track with my intel 1.6 with 384 meg of ram. I know my specs are prehistoric but the earlier versions did not seem to stutter so much.
if you consolidate those oggs to wave what happens? I know my P4 HATES oggs
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #12
fluffy

Mine hates ogg too. Working on that project in chat the other day I had, If I recall correctly, 8 tracks or so of ogg, and it was sputtering all over the place.

BUT, honestly, 1.32 does seem to break up a bit more than previous versions on my machine.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:46 AM   #13
Gerry G

Default Thanks guys

I have already tried increasing latency and will try converting the samples from ogg to other formats to see if this helps.

Guess now Justin is on holiday so we can all party. Well, dye the dog purple or, better still, turn Reaper into a psychadelic phantasmagoria of semi viscose floating colours.

Hell wouldn't he be suprised if he got back and found it had taken on a life of its own and become a software version of a Frankenstien's monster.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:25 AM   #14
Gerry G

Default I do listen to the BBC

Must recommend listening to the BBC who use ogg, I think, to broadcast cache material over the net. In fact the best programmes are under 'music documentaries'. There is a lot of good material there but the sound is pretty lousy. However, it is really the content that matters and the content is A plus plus plus.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:53 AM   #15
Gerry G

Default Fluffy had the answer

Oh found a workaround or solution in Fluffy's post of 11 August this year. Some others mentioned it. It was to apply effects as take then uncheck all the effects.

I was playing 4x4 remix modified (great track)and my system was already spluttering but when it hit the bit marked 2/2 at about 1:11 in track 8 marked "WTF" (does that mean 'what the fuck'?) there was always a lot of stutter. When I soloed it after modifying as above I realised that this part has a lot of distortion built into it.

Malcolm it is beautiful apart from this but it was like those tv videos that would hit you with snow and you would try to tune the tv back in only to find a screen saying "do not adjust your set: this is part of the show".

Malcolm was this distortion put in there on purpose? or is there something still wrong with my system? If its deliberate then maybe its the tropics or is it that the Springtime is much more potent up there? Maybe we south of the border types are too conservative. Hee hee hee.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:20 PM   #16
malcolmj

Quote:
Malcolm was this distortion put in there on purpose? or is there something still wrong with my system?
Yeah, that was intentional. I was just mucking around with the JS FX at the time. If you mute the FX on that track you won't get the distortion.

Cheers,

Malcolm.