Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 02-18-2021, 05:34 PM   #361
brummbear
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminar View Post
@brummbear, I think I'm beginning to highjack the reaKontrol thread with Rebellion and producing some noise. Due to the fact that Rebellion is integrated into reaKontrol someday (maybe) this is still valid to have messages here on some point but - I can also create an own thread only for the Rebellion development. Or should I continue here? What's your opinion?

Bye
Terminar
Hi Björn, sorry for the quiet on my end - I am also too busy with other things to get anything done re Reaper/Reakontrol or testing Rebellion these days... I take no offense that you started the Rebellion topic here and am still interested to work with you on integration with ReaKontrol some day. I leave it up to you if / when you want to open a separate thread. Rebellion will have a wider scope beyond KK and therefore it may make sense to have a dedicated thread. Who knows - maybe some people will use it to write entirely new applications for the NI hardware using your Rebellion framework? For ReaKontrol I am mostly interested in getting control over the displays, some of the up to now unused buttons and maybe some instance trickery. In short: a more narrow use case than what will actually be possible with Rebellion.
brummbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 05:16 AM   #362
MrQuarc

Indeed, finally i found out. Very cool plugin, i will continue using it.
Please let us all know how to give donations, it's worth it! I'll immediatly send one, it's only fair.

One thing with the plug: when my M32 is in NKS mode with KK in focus, and then i switch to another track with a non-NI-plug, the Keyboard doesnt switch so MIDI-Mode, but it seems to behave as in Mixing mode (knobs control track volumes etc.).

Even if i switch back to the KK plug (KK has focus) it stays seemingly in this mode. I always have to push Shift+Plugin. Then i goas back to NKS-mode or to MIDI mode, depending on Plugin type. But i must admit, i'm very new and perhaps i still dont know the required configurations.
MrQuarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 02:20 AM   #363
terminar

Default Next milestone: library API interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummbear View Post
For ReaKontrol I am mostly interested in getting control over the displays, some of the up to now unused buttons and maybe some instance trickery. In short: a more narrow use case than what will actually be possible with Rebellion.
Some progress update here, I was working on Rebellion yesterday and made some interesting progress.

- development repository moved to its final (currently private) git repository
- created first librebellion host example and worked on the (temporary) library API
- identified some latency/speed issues with the pipes
- added first "rpc" callback code for host usage

---
(Offtopic: it seems that I have problems with the forum PM system, I can't answer some messages, it's completely ignored or throws an error - not sure if some word checker is going crazy): Regarding the question to the pipes: no, I'm not using pipes for the API - I need pipes for the connection to NIHA/NIHIA.
---

I am planing that with the next version, external usage of rebellion is possible via a trivial API and created a bridge with available methods.
- One is for registering a callback function from the host (when Rebellion tries to answer requests or sends key events),
- another is for sending requests to rebellion (modeled loosely after jsonrpc)
- a third is for the rebellion main loop

It should be possible to just load the library, register the callback and start the loop (blocking or stepping). Events will be transferred via the callback function. Command requests can then be send via the rebellion_rpc call containing a jsonrpc string. The RPC call data will be transparently and completely passed into the current Lua development space within Rebellion. Again that makes cross platform and development life much easier for me at the current stage.

I still have to write the glue code within the Lua space and also need to check if my ifdef windows-dll code works but since yesterday, calls from the outside host application are dispatched properly to the Lua RPC() function and vice versa.

I should try to make an April's fools day release announcing Rebellion to the public talking about deeply integrated "Reaper support" for the Native Instruments devices. Nobody would believe it that it's in the making

Bye
Terminar
terminar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 02:58 PM   #364
grandfougue

Helllo i have a problem impossible to find the ling in my repo for remove because i dont use and it crash my reaper can your help please
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:11 AM   #365
terminar

Default Rebellion > next milestone: library API interface, Rebellion Daemon

@brummbear

Some informational update: I've started/finished my work on splitting Rebellion into
- librebellion (core low level library containing some JsonRPC like API with callback)
- host (C++ example host program, should be a first-start to integrate librebellion into an own application)
- Rebelliond (Rebellion Daemon, Golang based high-level service application which will provide access via OSC and more later on, like I've mentioned)

Since yesterday, events are send via RPC callback to the host, now I have to implement the dispatcher on the correct places and some basic functions (turn led on, turn led off, create instance, drop instance...) - that shouldn't take that long.
And then of course, check the Windows compatibility again.

First public release is near.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:03 PM   #366
funkle

Just dropped in to say this software is fantastic. I’ve been getting to know my new NI Komplete Kontrol s61 better all day, and have really enjoyed the integration this extension offers. Well done and thank you!!
funkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:23 AM   #367
dfarjoun

Default Can't control Reaper with komplete A61

Hi,

I'm trying to control Reaper using A61 on a Macbook Pro 16" (Catalina).

I've installed the ReaPack, disabled both input and output for "Bome Software GmbH & Co. KG - Komplete Kontrol A DAW".

Enabled Midi Input and output for "Native Instruments - KOMPLETE KONTROL A61".

I can use the browser button and plugin, but can't use the play/rec/stop/scroll from the keyboard.

Am I missing something?

I tried with logic and it worked like a charm. I wish I could have the same inside Reaper.

Any help or insight is much appreciated!
dfarjoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:37 AM   #368
terminar

Default Rebellion - Alpha2 - public

@brummbear:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=2455993

Rebellion Alpha2 is public.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:23 AM   #369
chojiro

Hi,

Unfortunately, same issue for me with my M32. It used to work, but since KK 2.6.0, it no longer does. I'm not sure if that version actually broke it, or if it just happens not to work anymore. I realize that one has somewhat limited functionality, but it used to work fine.

I tried reinstalling Reaper completely from scratch and clearing out every folder with data and plugins, but no luck. I reinstalled ReaKontrol using ReaPack. I also tried grabbing it from GitHub, but the same problem persists.

Hopefully I can get this to work again.
chojiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:55 PM   #370
brummbear

Quote:
@brummbear:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=2455993

Rebellion Alpha2 is public.
Fantastic work already!! Will hopefully be able to dig into it later this year. Busy with other things for the coming months though, unfortunately no time for digital audio & related stuff in the short term...
Old 06-29-2021, 02:28 PM   #371
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chojiro View Post
Hi,

Unfortunately, same issue for me with my M32. It used to work, but since KK 2.6.0, it no longer does.
Unfortunately I don't have the time to look deeper into this, but your comment made me curious enough to quickly double check after updating everything relevant to the latest version:

KK 2.6.0 (R198)
NIHIA 1.10.2.5
Reaper 6.29

This is on a Windows 10 machine, KK S88 Mk2 keyboard. Works flawlessly, no problems whatsoever.

For the M32 of course there is a chance that NI has done something in the background which breaks things (although I wonder why).
> Could it be something trivial like the name of the MIDI device which somehow changed on your system? Or some folks had issues with Reaper recognizing KK as a VST rather than VSTi? Solutions for these issues are simple and can be found in this thread.

If it was really related to protocol changes or drivers it would take a while before I have chance to take a peek (towards end of this year...).
Old 06-29-2021, 02:32 PM   #372
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarjoun View Post
No idea what's going on with Apple OS versions, maybe @terminar can help? It certainly should work as per the manual
Old 06-29-2021, 11:15 PM   #373
terminar

Quote:
No idea what's going on with Apple OS versions, maybe @terminar can help? It certainly should work as per the manual
I'll take a look within the next days if i can reproduce the bug with my KKS61MK2.
I am also on Catalina so if it is a general problem I should be able to find the reason.
Old 07-02-2021, 04:51 PM   #374
dfarjoun

I bought now the S61.
I also changed to Big Sur / Mac Mini M1.

I can have the Mixer now working in Reaper (smoother than in Logic - volume bars updating much faster).

I can first add komplete kontrol and add an instrument. It will load and appear inside the keyboard screen.

If I add a second one or move between tracks, the keyboard goes to MIDI mode and I can't see the Komplete Instances anymore.

I've noticed that outside MIXER mode, I can Mute/Solo by only pressing M or S on the keyboard. Is it possible to have the same behaviour inside MIXER mode?
For the mixer we should press M or S + select the track. But if we are already with a track selected, shouldn't it mute or solo that track?
Old 07-03-2021, 01:47 AM   #375
chojiro

Quote:
)
> Could it be something trivial like the name of the MIDI device which somehow changed on your system? Or some folks had issues with Reaper recognizing KK as a VST rather than VSTi? Solutions for these issues are simple and can be found in this thread.

If it was really related to protocol changes or drivers it would take a while before I have chance to take a peek (towards end of this year...).
I don't believe so. It shows up as Komplete Kontrol M32 Midi on my system, but I recently had to reinstall everything due to KK being weird, so that reinstalled everything including the driver as well. It shows up as VSTi when I insert it as a virtual instrument, so that should be working fine.

I'm unfortunately not having any luck with this still. Recently updated to KK 2.6.1. Someone suggested adding under Control/OSC/web the Mackie Control Universal and says that somehow fixed it for him, so I tried that, even though he has an A25. Of course, I'm kind of just grasping at straws at this point. lol
chojiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:15 AM   #376
terminar

Quote:
Hi,
I've installed the ReaPack, disabled both input and output for "Bome Software GmbH & Co. KG - Komplete Kontrol A DAW".
Enabled Midi Input and output for "Native Instruments - KOMPLETE KONTROL A61".
I can use the browser button and plugin, but can't use the play/rec/stop/scroll from the keyboard.
Am I missing something?
I tried with logic and it worked like a charm. I wish I could have the same inside Reaper.
See below, other comment - A61 may be a problem with the device naming - I'm investigating it currently. But it should still work on S61.

OK, I've now tested it on my system:

- Catalina (10.15.7)
- Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 keyboard
- latest Komplete Kontrol 2.6.2 software version
- Reaper 6.30
- ReaKontrol 1.00 (installed via reaPack, file size of reaper_kontrol.dylib 149608)
- re-checked the steps from the manual at https://github.com/brummbrum/reaKont...100_Manual.pdf
- added one MIDI track, added KompleteKontrol to the track

Tests:
- Pressing MIXER on the keyboard, I can see the tracks and change volume, switch tracks
- Pressing PLUGIN with selected KK track I can use the transport control (4D knob to fast forward/rewind and so on)
- Pressing BROWSER I can use the KK browser onscreen on the KKS61
- Pressing transport controls (PLAY, REC, STOP, ...) is working as expected in PLUGIN or MIXER mode

In my case, it's still working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarjoun
I bought now the S61.
I also changed to Big Sur / Mac Mini M1.
It may be possible that it's not working at Big Sur - currently untested. It *should* work though.

Quote:
If I add a second one or move between tracks, the keyboard goes to MIDI mode and I can't see the Komplete Instances anymore.
If you click again on MIXER, select the KK track and then, press PLUGIN, can you work with it again?
I had such problems when I attached another Native Instruments device (Maschine Mikro MK3) additionally to the KKS61 MK2. There is (was?) a bug with the BOME virtual MIDI driver stuff. Do you have another NI device attached?

Quote:
I've noticed that outside MIXER mode, I can Mute/Solo by only pressing M or S on the keyboard. Is it possible to have the same behaviour inside MIXER mode?
For the mixer we should press M or S + select the track. But if we are already with a track selected, shouldn't it mute or solo that track?
You mean, activated MIXER on the keyboard, pressing M to mute? Yes, but press M, hold M and select the corresponding channel on top of the displays via the white buttons. If you press M you should see a color change. So in Mixer mode, M+CHANNEL button above displays.

Last edited by terminar; 07-04-2021 at 04:39 AM.
Old 07-04-2021, 04:38 AM   #377
terminar

Quote:
I'm unfortunately not having any luck with this still. Recently updated to KK 2.6.1. Someone suggested adding under Control/OSC/web the Mackie Control Universal and says that somehow fixed it for him, so I tried that, even though he has an A25. Of course, I'm kind of just grasping at straws at this point. lol
Adding the Control/OSC stuff shouldn't be a help for reaKontrol.
Regarding the straws, I you like we can try to debug your situation a bit more, maybe I'll need to create a version with a bit of debug logging. Regarding the A and M there is a known issue with the device naming.

First of all, can you take a look at the Preferences->MIDI devices and give me the exact name of the BOME devices (should be something with Komplete Kontrol DAW)?

For a test, you can try to rename it to: "Bome Software GmbH & Co. KG - Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1"?
(right click on the device, "Configure input", change the Alias name.
I am not sure if that will work but it's just a temporary test (please write down the original name, you should be able to replace it with the original name afterwards).

I'm checking the source code now.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:30 AM   #378
terminar

Quote:
Of course, I'm kind of just grasping at straws at this point. lol
Can you try the version at

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42370/reaper_kontrol.dylib

I changed the device search, KK-A and KK-M should now be detected equal on MacOS and Windows.
Old 07-05-2021, 05:17 PM   #379
dfarjoun

Quote:
If you click again on MIXER, select the KK track and then, press PLUGIN, can you work with it again?
I had such problems when I attached another Native Instruments device (Maschine Mikro MK3) additionally to the KKS61 MK2. There is (was?) a bug with the BOME virtual MIDI driver stuff. Do you have another NI device attached?
Thanks for your reply!

I have only one NI device attached.
I tried both ARM and Intel version of Reaper.
On ARM I have NO Mixer and no 4D Knob at all.
On Intel Reaper I can load instruments when I first add the track.
But if I have more tracks and switch between tracks, I loose the capability to use the plugin or browser from the keyboard.
On the other hand, MIXER works fine.

Quote:
If you press M you should see a color change. So in Mixer mode, M+CHANNEL button above displays.
What only M or only S do in Mixer mode?

I understood that I need to press both M and the channel button on top of the screen to mute.

The question is:
Why doesn't it work like when outside of the Mixer mode (just press M or S and it toggles the Mute/Solo of the active track).

Reaper ARM v6.29
Reaper Intel v6.29 (Mac)

Komplete 2.6.2 (R211)

Komplete Kontrol S61 (only)

Best regards!
Old 07-06-2021, 02:16 AM   #380
terminar

Quote:
I tried both ARM and Intel version of Reaper.
On ARM I have NO Mixer and no 4D Knob at all.
Forget the ARM version - you will get into trouble and it will definitively not work (as expected).
Please only use the Intel version - it will also not conflict with your VST plugins.

Quote:
The question is:
Why doesn't it work like when outside of the Mixer mode (just press M or S and it toggles the Mute/Solo of the active track).
The MIXER mode itself is driven by the NIHA/NIHIA services(native instruments software stuff). There is no possible way to change how the MIXER reacts.
I can only try to understand what the reason for some use cases are In MIXER mode and what NI did have in mind:
In MIXER mode, you don't have a view on a specific active channel but on ALL channels, you are not controlling a specific channel. I think this works as intended by NI. When you select "PLUGIN" you are explicit taking a look (zooming in) using CHANNEL control, you are acting only on that specific channel and can't change something on a different channel.

Quote:
Komplete Kontrol S61 (only)
I have to ask that: Do you use the S61 MK2 or S61 MK1? This is very important to know (because with the MK1 reaKontrol is not supported/working). But I guess MK2. Regarding Big Sur it may also be a security problem.
When loading/starting Reaper and installed the reaKontrol.dylib, did you got an error message on the first start about security?

Please try the following:

- remove the reaKontrol.dylib from the Reaper UserPlugin folder
- Start Reaper
- Close Reaper
- download https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42370/reaper_kontrol.dylib
- put it into the UserPlugins folder
- Start Reaper and check carefully if there are any security warnings
- Go to you general MacOS Settings, Security => you may have a request on the "GENERAL" tab bottom right about opening/allowing the library/application
- Allow it by clicking "Open"
- Close Reaper
- Start Reaper
- Check your MIDI settings in the Reaper and deactivate the MIDI control for the "Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1" device as explained in the manual
- Try if reaKontrol is working as expected now
Old 07-06-2021, 03:01 AM   #381
dfarjoun

Quote:
I can only try to understand what the reason for some use cases are In MIXER mode and what NI did have in mind:
In MIXER mode, you don't have a view on a specific active channel but on ALL channels, you are not controlling a specific channel. I think this works as intended by NI.
Unfortunatelly it can't be changed.
As a User Experience, the less clicks/touches, the better to perform the same actions.
In this case, I think it should be inverted actions. First you select the track and then perform mute/solo with one press only. You do much more mute/unmute and solo/unsolo operations than track selection in this case.
But if we can't change, that's life!

Quote:
I have to ask that: Do you use the S61 MK2 or S61 MK1?
I'm using MK2.
I did these actions again.
The first time Reaper is loaded wth the dylib in UserPlugins it shows the security problem, but won't appear in System Preferences.
So I needed to:

1) "cancel" instead of "Move to Trash"
2) Load Reaper
3) Now it appears in System Preferences/Security...
4) Load Reaper Again
5) Authorize the loading of the dylib
6) Close Reaper
7) Open Reaper again.

8) Midi Input/Output Disabled: Bome Software GmbH & Co. KG - Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1
10) After the results (see below) I also tried renaming to only "Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1". I got the same results.

Results:

I can add tracks with Komplete plugin and each track will appear as expected on the device screen. All controls will be correct.

BUT

The moment that I switch between the tracks (using or not the 4d Knob), I can't see anymore the PLUGIN / BROWSER active if I select a track.

INSTANCE button appears empty.

MIXER works pretty fine except one "bug".

If there are no names in tracks, every time you select a track it generates a random "name" like "@w". Select a different track and go back and the name changes (where it should be empty). But this is minnor thing. I just forgot to mention this earlier.

The main thing is that I'm loosing all Komplete Knob Kontrols automap in Reaper if I don't "finalize" the adjustments when I create the track.
As soon as I change tracks, I lose these controls and it becomes a regular controller.

As a comparison... In Logic everything works fine.
As we know, not under ARM but under Rosetta 2.
Old 07-10-2021, 03:41 AM   #382
TBProAudio

Crashes with Reaper 6.32 ... May rebuilt helps?
Old 07-11-2021, 01:32 PM   #383
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio View Post
Crashes with Reaper 6.32 ... May rebuilt helps?
Is this on a Mac? I cannot comment on any of the issues that Apple users experience since I don't use a Mac for Audio.

On Windows: No crash or limitation in functionality with Reaper 6.32 on my machine. Rock stable.

It is vital to disable the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol DAW MIDI device as stated in the very first post of this thread before installing this extension. If you don't do this Reaper can crash.

Background:
This has to do with Reaper's API which does not allow to reliably open a MIDI device for a plugin if the MIDI device has already been enabled for the main program. I am also not aware of an API function that would tell the plugin if the user has the device enabled or disabled. If such an API function would exist I could use it to make ReaKontrol stop trying to connect to this MIDI device. Another way to circumvent this would be to remove ReaKontrol's hot plugging capability (which I don't want to do because I like it a lot).

However, in the end the user has an easy way to avoid such a problem:
a) disable the MIDI device under options as described in the first post or the manual
b) simply do not install the plugin if you don't have a use for it

Last edited by brummbear; 07-11-2021 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:52 PM   #384
TBProAudio

Quote:
Is this on a Mac? I cannot comment on any of the issues that Apple users experience since I don't use a Mac for Audio...

Thank you. It is on Win and Komplete Kontrol DAW is disabled.
It worked stable until 6.29 (no crash at all). 6.3x gave me several crashes...
Maybe something changed in the related API?
Old 07-11-2021, 10:51 PM   #385
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio View Post
Thank you. It is on Win and Komplete Kontrol DAW is disabled.
It worked stable until 6.29 (no crash at all). 6.3x gave me several crashes...
Maybe something changed in the related API?
Hmmmh, that is really strange indeed. I cannot replicate a crash on my system. The only way for me to provoke a crash is when I enable the KK DAW MIDI device.

What keyboard model are you using exactly and what is the name for the MIDI device in Reaper?
Old 07-11-2021, 11:17 PM   #386
TBProAudio

Quote:
Hmmmh, that is really strange indeed. I cannot replicate a crash on my system. The only way for me to provoke a crash is when I enable the KK DAW MIDI device.

What keyboard model are you using exactly and what is the name for the MIDI device in Reaper?

Thank you :-)

It is the S88 MK II. The device name is "2-KOMPLETE KONTROL - 1".
As said it work rock solid befor 6.3.

Te be precice: one half of the crashes is nt.dll, the other half is komplete_kontrol.dll ...

I will try to reproduce now :-)
Old 07-12-2021, 08:57 PM   #387
TBProAudio

Seems to be related to a buggy plugin. Will report futher investigations :-)
Old 07-12-2021, 09:14 PM   #388
brummbear

Thanks - I am curious what you find out!

There have been a few reports of crashes but I have not been able to reproduce any of them or pinpoint it to anything but the MIDI device conflict. I also have not found any evidence of related API changes since 6.30. Maybe a couple of factors have to come together... was wondering if maybe you had another application/service running in the background trying to communicate via the same MIDI device driver.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:39 AM   #389
NickJA

It's crashing Reaper for me as well. I'm using an A25.
NickJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:30 AM   #390
NickJA

I found that if you disable the Komplete Kontrol DAW of your midi device before installing, it no longer crashes.
Old 07-15-2021, 10:02 PM   #391
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJA View Post
I found that if you disable the Komplete Kontrol DAW of your midi device before installing, it no longer crashes.
Thx for confirming, this is a known behavior and can easily be mitigated as you already found. This type of crash is also the only one I can reproduce.
Old 07-18-2021, 08:14 PM   #392
NickJA

You're welcome.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:32 AM   #393
terminar

Default PR

@brummbear can you take a look at https://github.com/brummbrum/reaKontrol/pull/53 because it's a fix for two problems on MacOS?
Old 07-23-2021, 08:07 PM   #394
brummbear

Quote:
@brummbear can you take a look at https://github.com/brummbrum/reaKontrol/pull/53 because it's a fix for two problems on MacOS?
Sorry for not reacting... I do not have access to a development environment for the next 3 weeks. Just my phone and occasionally a laptop with nothing like Cmake, VS etc on it. I had like 2 hours recently when I quickly updated Reaper and KK just to verify that everything is working on my PC after reading those crash reports. Before merging (and releasing) I would at least like to give it one try on my PC. If urgent for Mac users with A or M series maybe they can directly download a binary from stash? Will definitively update and point Reapack to it as soon as I find the time.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:19 PM   #395
dennisnv

Default ReaKontrol is ingenious ...

I thought it might be useful to have a "what works" in amongst the "what doesn't work" posts as well as to add my appreciation and thanks to the creator of ReaKontrol. I am running REAPER 6.32 on an older (circa 2010) HP workstation that has Windows 10 Pro for an OS, an Intel 4-core i7 960 3.20 GHz processor and 24Gb RAM. I use an M-32 and an S61-MK2 (Native Instruments) for MIDI control. The M-32 is mostly for auditioning sounds and trying out soft-instruments while the S61 is used for performances. After installing ReaKontrol (by following the instructions in the excellent user guide) both controllers lit up like Christmas trees and their functionality increased accordingly. Everything just works and is stable. I really like being able to incorporate my own custom actions by simply editing the reakontrol.ini file. I am sure as I adjust to the new workflow capabilities I'll be optimizing that but I've already assigned one button simply to "Save" the project. I originally had invested in AKAI and their VIP software but for some reason they quit supporting it so I dumped that and bought into the Native Instruments version which was worth it for "Light Guide" alone; but now, with ReaKontrol functionality, I have direct control over the workflow like I never imagined possible. ReaKontrol is as handy as it is ingenious; thanks brummbear ...
dennisnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:37 AM   #396
briandress

hello. For M32 the controls are a bit different than in the guide on github i.e. jog wheel up and down selects tracks and left and right moves to markers. this is opposite of the guide.

I was able to enter shift mode by click shift+jog wheel but upon click record it does not arm selected track.

In extended edit mode changing loop size works but changing tempo does not.

in further test the tempo can be adjusted in Extended edit mode by using metro button and then jog wheel

Is there any documentation on correct working of M32?

Not exactly sure what the M32 buttons Track Instance and PluginMidi buttons do. Surely would like to know. The mute and solo buttons work great. Cycling through markers and changing tempos is so cool. This is all working super sickk sick sick. Is there a way to go from track 1-8 to track 9-16 on the top 8 knobs?

Edit: so I added more tracks to try to get this to work. but something weird does happen. Lets say I have 16 tracks. If I am highlighted on track 12 then track 12 is my fisrt knob. So knobs 1-5 are tracks 12-13-14-15-16. Well when i touch knob 6 it shows Master for the master track and knob 7 shows Track 1....it loops back to the beginning. which is super cool...except that the knobs do not actually work to change the volume on the tracks in the loop around state. Only the ascending tracks will work.

Last edited by briandress; 08-02-2021 at 04:06 PM.
briandress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 02:36 AM   #397
andrewx

Quote:
Glad you like the surprise. Just don't skip reading the manual with recommended Reaper settings - you may get much more out of it.

Rg the 4D encoder: Yeah, I thought the same thing initially but decided to follow NI's intent just to keep things consistent. The left/right movement to change tracks follows the mixer layout / MCP logic: both in Reaper and on the keyboard the tracks are sorted from left to right. Of course, in Reaper's TCP view it is up/down and project markers are left/right. I guess we long time Reaper users are just more accustomed to the timeline metaphor. What I may do in the next release is making it configurable via the ini file. From a SW perspective it is very easy to do... In the meantime: Enjoy your new toy!
Hi brummbear, thanks for the plugin! May I ask you, is it possible to switch 4D encoder left/right and up/down behavior? In my case move it up/down to navigate between tracks would be more intuitive. Thanks in advance!
andrewx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 03:07 PM   #398
jadedsean

Quote:
... moving this into the proper subforum (some history is here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=191158)

ReaKontrol Plugin Extension for Reaper
Deep DAW Integration going beyond MCU:
- Komplete Kontrol Instance Focus
- Transport Control
- Mixer Control / Control Surface Functions
- Extended Edit Control for Looping and Arranging
- Custom Actions and Scripts

This is a fork of the repository originally started by James Teh.
ReaKontrol supports Komplete Kontrol S-series Mk2 keyboards on PCs running Windows and MacOs*
A-series and M-series are supported with less functionality.

Technical Notes
The plugin is a single small file coded in C++. A strong emphasis is put on CPU efficiency. All basic functions follow NI's design intent for the officially supported DAWs to maintain maximum compatibility with future updates of NI's drivers and firmware.

Download incl manual: https://github.com/brummbrum/reaKontrol/releases
Installation: see manual (link above) or use ReaPack (https://reapack.com/)

Please check out the short manual. You must disable the Komplete Kontrol DAW MIDI device for ReaKontrol to work properly: Options>Preferences>Audio>MIDI Devices: The Device “Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1” (S-series) or “Komplete Kontrol A DAW” or “Komplete Kontrol M DAW” (A/M-Series) should be disabled as input and output. Leave your normal Komplete Kontrol MIDI Device enabled.

Sorry i am new to this and wonder why i can't get certain parameters working? For example Mute and Solo are not working or should i say not lit up.I am on windows 10, sorry if i am asking a stupid question but i'm not sure what to do.
jadedsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 06:52 AM   #399
DomiKamu

Default jcsteh or brummbrum? (GitHub)

Hello,

I'm new Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 keyboard user (since one month) and using REAPER (personal/discounted licence) since Feb 2016. I precise I'm familiar with computers (it's my job) and I'm developer (VB, Delphi, C++). My platform is PC Windows 10 Pro 21H1 x64, REAPER 6.36 (x64).

About ReaKontrol, I'm a bit lost because firstly I've downloaded/tested the version coming from https://github.com/jcsteh/reaKontrol, but having strange behaviors such unknown MIDI messages... No INI, no PDF, code not updated since 3 years...

Yesterday I discover by chance this topic, and ReaKontrol v1.0 (with PDF document, and .ini file). It's working better, but comes from (forked) https://github.com/brummbrum/reaKontrol

- Must I assume I'll use (and follow) lastest mentionned?
- Is "jcsteh" have stopped its development? and continued by "brummbrum"?

Thanks in advance to clavify, because - at the moment - it's very confuse in my mind!

Dominique.
DomiKamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:17 AM   #400
DomiKamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedsean View Post
Sorry i am new to this and wonder why i can't get certain parameters working? For example Mute and Solo are not working or should i say not lit up.I am on windows 10, sorry if i am asking a stupid question but i'm not sure what to do.
I've tested and it works fine (KK S61 MK2).
They're no stupid questions, we're discovering everyday!

To clarify, please reply to these questions:

1- Which version of REAPER are you using? 32- or 64-bit?
2- Komplete Kontrol keyboard model?
3- Are you sure you've installed ReaKontrol v1.0 provided by brummbrum? (other distributions are obsolete)
4- if yes for 3, is it installed into the right folder?
%APPDATA%\REAPER\UserPlugins
(do not forget they're a .dll file + a subfolder containing .ini file)!

EDIT (ADDED):

- From REAPER Preferences (Control surfaces/OSC/web), be sure you don't have declared your NI keyboard!
- From REAPER Preferences > Audio > MIDI Devices:
- - MIDI Input: KOMPLETE KONTROL - 1 as Enabled+Control (others are disabled).
- - MIDI Output: all are disabled.

During REAPER session, from my S61 MK2 keyboard, first I press MIXER button in order to access to tracks levels/pan/Mute/Solo.
However, either MUTE and SOLO buttons (used alone) on NI keyboard (outside MIXER mode) may act on active track.

Regards.

Dominique

Last edited by DomiKamu; 09-25-2021 at 08:29 AM.
DomiKamu is offline   Reply With Quote