Old 12-07-2019, 03:06 AM   #1
JohnRick
Human being with feelings

Default Drum notation still missing

Been waiting for this a few years, but still baffled it hasn't been implemented? Staff/notation window yes, but not for drums. It's the only thing that keeps me from not using REAPER (i.e. using other DAW that has this necessary feature).

I read and write in standard drum notation, and my library of drum books are obviously also written in this fashion, so pls don't give me the usual "just use piano roll", as I'm sure your average piano player or violinist likely aren't.
Would be great if this could be taken care of. Then I'd be a REAPERist for life.

Thanks!

Last edited by JohnRick; 12-07-2019 at 04:14 AM.
JohnRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:06 AM   #2
georgemickel

I'm interested as well JohnRick...as a 20+ years of Finale (mostly ripping my hair out with drum set maps, noteheads and work flow) I recently started using Dorico 3 as a 30 day trial. I was skeptical at first but hopeful that an integration of code, like using Wavelab as my secondary editor in Reaper. I am hoping it will find its way to someone talented enough to implement. If you don't mind me asking, what are you currently using as a primary drum notation software?

I wish I could be of some help here, I found your post interesting.

G
georgemickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
Mahn

Default Plus 1

Me too
Mahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:58 AM   #4
JohnRick

I have for the past decades used SONAR (currently Cakewalk by Bandlab) for drumming notation. Not using any dedicated notation software, but basic drumming notation should be an easy fix in any DAW anno 2019. Even if CWbBl's notation in other areas is lacking, the drum parts works fine.
JohnRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #5
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRick View Post
I have for the past decades used SONAR (currently Cakewalk by Bandlab) for drumming notation. Not using any dedicated notation software, but basic drumming notation should be an easy fix in any DAW anno 2019. Even if CWbBl's notation in other areas is lacking, the drum parts works fine.
That's how I learned to program drums: Sonar+drum notation mode. I can read drum notation no problem (not that it's hard), whereas I'm counting crows when it comes to musical notation. So big +1 to me.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:59 PM   #6
Masi

Yes, please.

Masi
Masi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #7
Masi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRick View Post
pls don't give me the usual "just use piano roll", as I'm sure your average piano player or violinist likely aren't.
No, but guitarist are begging for tabs

Masi
Masi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:24 PM   #8
SFChuckLogan

Default Drum Editor is Key These Days WHAT THE HELL ? PLEASE GUYS

Just Purchased Reaper, I was stunned when I was only able to locate a piano Roll while working on a drum midi track. No this is so early 2000's Most songs start with programmed drums, to get things going. A MIDI drum editor IS IT"S A MUST.

PLEASE move this to the front of the stack THANK YOU

Not to mention Reaper is now fully crashing upon load. Will not even start.

The PT gods must be punishing me. It's OK I believe in Reaper, lets get this done.
SFChuckLogan is offline   Reply With Quote