Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-26-2023, 05:05 AM   #41
ChristophGlibber
Human being with feelings

Default Tested Auto-Tune Pro X 10.3.1 Update

Recently a new version of Auto-Tune Pro X came out 10.3.1. I still had a free trial so I tested it with Reaper 6.82 to see if the issues were resolved.
Sadly, I still get the same issues noted earlier in this thread (audio only coming out of the left side). Really too bad that this software doesn't work in Reaper. I'd suggest passing on it for now if you plan to use it in Reaper. Not worth disabling ARA just to be able to use this as other software like Melodyne and Vocalign work just fine with Reaper ARA.
ChristophGlibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 05:00 AM   #42
itsonlygame

Default what a waste

alot of my work requires autotune (dutch hip hop) and ive become so fast at tracking with reaper.. for the last 6+ months ive been hearing autotune screwup in reaper and ultimately it has caused sessions to just die down...

@reaper can we please get some intel on this? Ive tried studio one and protools and they both dont suffer from this.. i really dont want to switch but judging by the feedback of the community (and having no one adress this) makes me feel like there's no other choice.
itsonlygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 07:26 PM   #43
Allspice

For me a workaround was setting the VST3 bus size to 1.

Since I usually use it as an Item FX I saved that as an FX Chain.
Allspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 12:56 AM   #44
jimmydeluxe

I'm demoing pro as well-same resulting left mono output. reaper 7.05 mac studio m1 max ventura
Old 11-16-2023, 05:29 AM   #45
Svein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydeluxe View Post
I'm demoing pro as well-same resulting left mono output. reaper 7.05 mac studio m1 max ventura
How can they even sell this crap. It still doesn't remember settings after session re-open with the perpetual license..
Svein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 04:38 PM   #46
itsonlygame

Default :(

ive asked antares. this is their reply
https://imgur.com/a/gXrTpju

it doesnt help a single bit. Ive gone ahead and got studio one to record my clients.. i hope reaper can fix this asap, i love recording in reaper.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:04 AM   #47
Gass n Klang

damn...
Old 01-02-2024, 05:03 PM   #48
Allspice

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsonlygame View Post
ive asked antares. this is their reply
https://imgur.com/a/gXrTpju

it doesnt help a single bit. Ive gone ahead and got studio one to record my clients.. i hope reaper can fix this asap, i love recording in reaper.
Not really accurate since Harmony Engine instantly crashes REAPER. I think it’s safe to say their plugins are not guaranteed to work on REAPER.

From the way their customer support has responded lately I really get the feeling Antares is floundering in some ways. They probably get a lot of reliable income from Auto-Tune use in the big DAWs but whether that has trickled down to the software team is unclear.
Old 01-03-2024, 12:50 AM   #49
Gass n Klang

Is there a way to disable ARA for autotune but keep it for melodyne?
Old 01-03-2024, 07:09 PM   #50
Allspice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
Do you have something like Waves StudioRack?

I noticed Antares plugins that crash REAPER seem to work in StudioRack. I’ve done pretty limited testing on this though.
Old 01-04-2024, 10:47 AM   #51
itsonlygame

can we please can a fix?
edit: this is super crucial to my business.
Old 01-04-2024, 04:10 PM   #52
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsonlygame View Post
can we please can a fix?
edit: this is super crucial to my business.
It's a real shame, but Antares won't even answer emails for support from paying customers most of the time, never mind commit to looking for a fix. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If enough of us hassle Antares maybe they'll listen, but so far they choose to ignore the problem instead. Don't give them your money!
Tone Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 04:54 PM   #53
Allspice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Ranger View Post
It's a real shame, but Antares won't even answer emails for support from paying customers most of the time, never mind commit to looking for a fix. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If enough of us hassle Antares maybe they'll listen, but so far they choose to ignore the problem instead. Don't give them your money!
This, and sadly it’s a big reason why I still only use REAPER for specialized tasks as much as I’d love to use it for everything. A lot of very helpful tools are made by companies that don’t appear to have the time or fortitude to test their software in less popular DAWs. The workaday type plugins always seem to work in PT, Logic, and Cubendo (although just barely with Antares).

When I tell developers about a problem in Logic, they say “we’re talking with Apple about it” and when I tell them about a problem in REAPER, they say “go tell Cockos, not our problem.” It is what it is.
Old 01-05-2024, 07:37 AM   #54
itsonlygame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allspice View Post
This, and sadly it’s a big reason why I still only use REAPER for specialized tasks as much as I’d love to use it for everything. A lot of very helpful tools are made by companies that don’t appear to have the time or fortitude to test their software in less popular DAWs. The workaday type plugins always seem to work in PT, Logic, and Cubendo (although just barely with Antares).

When I tell developers about a problem in Logic, they say “we’re talking with Apple about it” and when I tell them about a problem in REAPER, they say “go tell Cockos, not our problem.” It is what it is.
Man..i'm on the same boat. I'm currently learning Studio One for recording purposes only and it made me realize that even though i can probaly find my way trough every daw.. Reaper is the only one that allows me to maxime the creative and mixing brain at the same time.

I've been using a UAD Apollo in the past, in my workfield there's a lot of artist who almost ''require'' autotune during tracking and the apollos allowed for autotune to run on the DSP. So it would have the tuning done outside of Reaper with about 2ms of latency.

I expanded gear and the apollo was bottlenecking my sound due to inputs and non bypassable pre amps. I now use a faster interface but without the dsp, i now have to use autotune in the daw @1.2ms latency. The latency is perfect but the bugs are just to much. Often times @ 0 retune speed and the tuning sounds like its @ 100 retune speed.. lots of phasey stuff going on too.

Load up another daw and voila, 0 retune speed is what you expect it to be.
Old 03-01-2024, 01:41 PM   #55
aggghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydeluxe View Post
I'm demoing pro as well-same resulting left mono output.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristophGlibber View Post
Not worth disabling ARA just to be able to use this as other software like Melodyne and Vocalign work just fine with Reaper ARA.
So I found a couple of workaround options for this that don't require disabling ARA for all other plugins...

If you insert Auto-Tune Pro X inside a container, you can trick it into opening in non-ARA mode. However, it still seems pretty buggy (had a crash, also some garbled text).

The more stable option seems to be running it bridged. I opted for Dedicated because of previous crashes, but Separate works as well. No container needed to get non-ARA here.

A simple way to verify aside from not having "(ARA)" next to the plugin name in the FX chain and being able to re-order the plugin (ie. Auto-Tune isn't restricted to only the 1st FX slot as an ARA plugin) is to check which mode it's opening in against your General settings in Auto-Tune's preferences. Graph mode is default for ARA and Auto is default for non-ARA:

Here it is opening directly to Auto in a Container:

As well as in Bridged mode:

Both containing and bridging still work just fine with Auto-Key and seem to exhibit all the functions Auto-Tune should have running as a standard VST3 that, under ARA (mono-to-stereo routing problems, unsynced timeline in Graph mode, unable to receive midi, etc.) have been failing. The only sucky part is, when Bridged, the plugin window takes all keystrokes and you're gonna have to click back and forth between Reaper and Auto-Tune to send any commands to the DAW just to use the spacebar for playback, for instance.

Last things last: if you're not having stability issues like I was, you can run Bridged mode embedded to regain keyboard input sharing with Reaper and have it functioning like a vanilla VST3 plug:

Attached Images
File Type: png Reaper-AutoTuneProX-Container.png (21.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png Reaper-AutoTuneProX-Contained.png (25.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Reaper-AutoTuneProX-Dedicated.png (32.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png Reaper-AutoTuneProX-Bridged.png (32.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png Reaper-AutoTuneProX-Bridged-Embedded.png (24.5 KB, 15 views)
aggghost is offline   Reply With Quote