Old 09-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #1
Yagami
Human being with feelings

Default Is the 3x3 EQ (1-Pole Crossover) broken?

So, I'm trying to use the 3x3 EQ (1-Pole Crossover) [Stillwell] plug-in that comes with REAPER. It does what it should when I adjust it while playing the recorded track back, but if I stop the track (space) and start it again, the effect isn't there. Is the plug-in broken or is there something I don't understand?

I boosted High Gain by 12, Mid by 12, and Mid Drive by 100.

I then took notice to that it said 1-pole, which made me think I could only boost ONE parameter... which seems a bit odd. BLAH! I'm lost.

Oh right, and to get it to activate again I have to nudge the parameters again, clicking the box isn't enough.

Last edited by Yagami; 09-19-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:29 PM   #2
xpander
Human being with feelings

In this context pole doesn't mean the number of possible parameters, but roughly what filter design this FX has.

What do you mean that when pausing and starting again, the effect isn't there? You mention that you have to activate the FX again by nudging the parameters, clicking the box isn't enough. What box are you clicking and why? On quick test here, the EQ reacts to the parameter changes and those changes are still effective (pun intended) after pause/play.

Last edited by xpander; 09-19-2017 at 06:52 PM.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote