Old 07-12-2019, 12:15 AM   #1
Burnsjethro
Human being with feelings

Default Copying and pasting in Melodyne

Help please.
I have applied Melodyne to a song which is two verses, a middle eight and a verse, guitar solo and then the same middle eight and verse to finish.

Everything up to the solo sounds fine after the corrections, so I thought I could copy the middle eight and verse and paste it onto the middle eight and verse after the solo in Melodyne. No such luck. I have tried everything I can glean from the Internet (delete highlighted part after copying, paste in timeline, according to Melodyne) and even tried a (barely understood) 'apply fx to items as new take' (pressed L to see takes, copied most recent take and then tried to paste that but this does not work either).
Any other suggestions please. Keep it fairly simple if you don't mind.
Burnsjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:40 AM   #2
Burnsjethro

I have just discovered this in the Melodyne guide for Reaper:

Here you cannot copy the note selected at the beginning of Bar 17 (or, indeed, any other note derived from a red clip) and paste it into Bar 16, because the destination clip is a different color – in this case, green – and is therefore derived from a different recording. You can, however, paste it into Bar 18, because the content there is derived from the same red take.

So maybe this is why it doesn't copy because the first middle eight+ verse is made of different takes from the second one?

Is there any way of getting around this?
Old 07-12-2019, 03:59 AM   #3
enroe

Generally I would do all copies, moves and pastes outside of Melodyne.
I would perform such operations directly on the track. That is fast
and without any problems.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:04 AM   #4
Burnsjethro

Thanks Enroe but when I copy and paste outside Melodyne, on the Reaper track, the Melodyne-adjusted item is not transferred!
Old 07-12-2019, 05:24 AM   #5
Burnsjethro

I found this by searching the forum:

" Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Where do you view the new take? Does it overwrite the old track? Man this is one hell of a program! We are lucky to have this thing.
Hi Tallisman and Kirk,

""""I've been playing around with idea and I'll explain the best I can.
After you make your Melodyne corrections you apply track fx as new take mono or stereo and Reaper will than create a new take right in the same spot as the orignal...it will be two smaller takes in the same spot. If you copy the second take you than will be able to paste it with the correction intact.
Wanted to mention if you don't delete the first/orignal take it will also cary over everwhere you paste it....you can always rightclick on the Take command and delete active take, but make sure you have the firt take highlighted
As with all this stuff it sounds harder than it is"""

Well, I write click on my item and I have a choice between "apply track fx as new take", apply track fx as new take" (mono), "apply track fx as new take"(multichannel). Whichever one I apply (and I am not sure which one that should be), this produces two takes but they are locked togethe, so I cannot copy the second one and delete the first one!