Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 02-26-2019, 03:46 AM   #1
X-Tech
Human being with feelings

Default ....notes which plays it self even when i not touch midi keyboard

i just play with record some midi...and stilll...sometimes some notes stays in sustain mode for inifinity. i can disable or enable plugins but still this behaves like these notes is still triggered/hold by midi keyboard on track. i can change plugins on tracks but when i activate suddenly they still playing same notes which starts to play before - self. instant noise. this is crazy cause i changed my midi keyboard and this is still happening. i cant create music. this is so irrating bug i have it for so long time (months i guess). i hate it. i really cant create music with this. this happening again and again. few tracks record (midi) and again infinity sustain on some of the tracks which i recorded i guess - these tracks generating instant noise - sustain notes. i must disable plugins on that tracks which create that irrating noise. record few more midi and again one of some recorded got this bug and crreating infinity sustain midi note which play itself. diable plugins. restart reaper. everything works ok. but when i try to record random sustain infinity played notes occurs.sometimes i guess it's maybe even not related to recording midi - but cant be 100% sure. really crazy. i'm tired.

Last edited by X-Tech; 02-26-2019 at 03:53 AM.
X-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:58 AM   #2
cfillion

The action "Send all notes off to all MIDI outputs/plug-ins" (assigned to F3 by default) can stop stuck notes for most instrument plugins.

How to avoid stuck notes in the first place depends on what's causing them. Try putting a MIDI logger (such as ReaControlMIDI, click on "Show log") before the instrument plugins, it might help you figure out what's happening (each Note On event should have a corresponding subsequent Note Off).

Also make sure the track's MIDI input is set to a specific MIDI channel. MIDI input from "All channels" can cause stuck notes on playback when the keyboard sends data.

Last edited by cfillion; 02-26-2019 at 04:06 AM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:51 AM   #3
X-Tech

I used that action but bug wont stop when start.
I have used midi logger. Before and after plugin. When note stuck it not showed any midi message on that track.
Trigger midi input i set for all midi channel cause sometimes i attach other midi instrument with other channel.
Maybe i should create fresh copy of Reaper if that not help maybe change DAW. I cant create with this bug.

Today i get it few times when play cursor get to end of midi item with few midi notes at end but each was longer after next note starts.
I thought maybe it's cause...But after two restarts of Reaper this bug disapheared when play cursor get to that point. Strange.
I really cant tell when it's showing again. Maybe i disable midi device when it show again ? I doubt it help cause in other daw i dont have it.

Last edited by X-Tech; 03-07-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:29 PM   #4
X-Tech

nOW I GET THAT BUG when just stopped play (by space button). infinity sustain is on track with track that have record button set on as i see.

This note playing all the time. when play button is on and without it. my mind is glowing fromt this xd

I disconnected midi device but this note still playing. madness as always.

YES IT happening again when icon of record on track is enabled.

Now it happend on track which was previously selected to record (red icon) but now this record was disabled. when i enabled record and played any midi note that sustain midi note which previously played - stopped. crazy ;D

Last edited by X-Tech; 03-07-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #5
foxAsteria

You could have a corrupt device driver. It happened to me once and caused such problems. I used the tool included with this driver to detect and remove it. You don't need any Korg products to use it.

If you want to try it, just install the whole package and then run the uninstaller. It will show you all the MIDI drivers, if they are corrupted and you can remove them. Open options there and uncheck "delete korg midi device only." I just did it and found about 7 entries for a corrupted wmd driver.

You can then uninstall the whole package.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:12 PM   #6
X-Tech

I tried that but it wont give me an option to choose what uninstall. Overall installing it rather changed nothing. I check more today.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:52 PM   #7
foxAsteria

It will show you all the MIDI drivers on your system if you click the options button. It's the uninstaller you want to run.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:04 AM   #8
X-Tech

Hey. I have not such as options after choose uninstall. I tried system uninstall and software uninstall. Not gived me any options to choose. This overall looks different at your screen.

Overall i'm using midistart 3 keyboard.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #9
foxAsteria

After you install it you will have 3 Korg programs installed. Run the one with the exact same name as in the pic (Uninstall Korg USB-MIDI Device) and it will look exactly the same. If you're on Windows, just type KORG into the start menu search...
Old 03-13-2019, 03:18 PM   #10
J Reverb

Try plugging a jack plug into your footswitch socket on the back of the keyboard, or better still a footswitch with an open contact, could be it's got stuck in sustain, just throwing that out there seen this happen a few times.
J Reverb is offline   Reply With Quote