CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 07-24-2018, 02:20 AM   #1
jan hase
Human being with feelings

Default IPlug and Cairo 2018

hey everyone,

i programmed a simple oscilloscope and i found LICE is not enough to do the job.

so i found this great tutorial, about how to integrate cairo into wdl-ol:

https://simplapi.wordpress.com/2015/...ics-in-wdl-ol/

but the static built of cairo there is for VS2013 and Wdl-ol also progressed since then and i cant get it to work with VS2017

So my question, does anyone have a WDL-Ol version with cairo integrated working in Visual Studio 2017 and would you share it or is there a guide somewhere?

From what i got, IPlug 2 (https://www.patreon.com/posts/ifc-20...aign=postshare)

is exactly what i want, but i dont think its out yet...and i want cairo to work now :-P

thanks in advance!
jan hase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
MSK

Youlean's IPlug branch has Cairo integrated almost completely out of the box, including with VS2017. On Windows I believe there's an included project to build the Cairo libraries that you'll have to run initially, but I haven't checked in a few months. I'd hop over to the thread for his branch if you have more questions - I'm sure most of them have already been answered in some capacity.

Cheers!
MSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:41 PM   #3
jan hase

thank you for your response!

he told me, he is not going to openly support youlean any further. and i couldnt get it to work.
when i tried to build cairo it told me i dont have the right sdk...but mine was newer, then the required one. so that was a deadend for me. so my idea was someone can send me a copy of his ready built cairo...but maybe this is not working?...i am quite new to it all...so i really dive into this deeply and hack it or i ll wait for iplug2 or i debug my youlean issues. hmmm....
jan hase is offline   Reply With Quote