Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-10-2019, 05:55 AM   #1
airon
Human being with feelings

Default 6.01 - Envelope Control Panel - Value Text rendering

Reaper 6.01 Win10Prox64

Problem:
On the right side of the Envelope Control Panel the value of current parameter is displayed, using WALTER font 1. This render space seems to be too static, as even slightly larger font choices seem to get the text rendering of the value cut off at the FRONT, but only if the panel can display just ONE row of controls. Once a second row can be displayed, it displays fine.

The panel width makes no difference. This happens with ReaEQ as well or any other parameter long enough.

All this is at the standard 100% Envelope Panel size. It displays fine at 150% and 200%.

In this case it is the font "DejaVuSans", Narrow, 9

To reproduce:
Set the Envelope Control Panel to 100% size in the theme adjuster. Put in an insert effect on a track, activate some envelopes and play with WALTER font 1 and the height of the envelope control panels.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:39 AM   #2
airon
Human being with feelings

v6.02 , this is still a thing.

The area in which the parameter value text is rendered on the Envelope Control Panel is static. Increase the font size, and stuff may be cut off on the left.

To test, I changed the WALTER FONT 1 in the theme tweaker to DejaVu Sans, narrow, size 9. This leads to a slight increase in size, and for my 27" 1440p screen a dramatic increase in readability in many areas.

And it cuts off frequency descriptions in Fabfilter Pro-Q3 that have fractions. Past a certain width it's cropped. So yadayadayada, hope it gets updated. Hope that's possible. Hope you even see this as a small but important enough problem to fix. Probably by White Tie ?
airon is offline   Reply With Quote