Old 01-19-2020, 11:35 PM   #1
Juxtaboy
Human being with feelings

Default Go to start of loop in MIDI editor

Hi folks,
My workflow in Reaper involves recording little loops with repeat mode on, and "link loop points to time selection" enabled. To move the cursor to the start and end of my time/loop selection, I've set the shortcuts [ and ] to do the actions "Markers: go to next/previous marker". This all works great, but when I go to the MIDI editor to fix up some notes the shortcuts don't work there. I'm wondering if someone can suggest a convenient way of using the same keyboard shortcut to go to the start of my loop that will also work in the MIDI editor?
Cheers!

Last edited by Juxtaboy; 01-19-2020 at 11:37 PM. Reason: typo
Juxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:54 AM   #2
Mordi

Have you tried pressing W? That’s my keybind for going back to loop start or song start, but I believe it might also be the default.

The MIDI editor has its own set of keyboard shortcuts. There’s a dropdown in the upper right of the actions window.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:01 PM   #3
solger

There's a Misc: Pass through key to main window Action in the [MIDI Editor] section of the Action List.

So adding the same shortcuts (in your example [ and ]) which are assigned to Actions in the [Main] section also to this 'Pass Through' Action should do the trick.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:24 PM   #4
Juxtaboy

Ok thanks for that. I didn't realise the MIDI editor had its own action list. W is for going to the start of the song, but I found that there was an action in the main list called "Go to start of loop" and that it was also present in the MIDI editor action list, so I assigned K to both of them and that works great.
Juxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote