Old 01-24-2022, 03:04 PM   #1
Peter C
Human being with feelings

Default VST bridging problem

I have been using many 32 bit VST, bridged in Reaper with no problem except for one.
Arminator 2 by Ian Webster. It's a real gem.
However every time I try to render, the plugin dies. That is, it crashes the bridger.
Reaper itself doesn't crash. This happens with two or more instances of Arminator 2 on separate tracks. One instance on a single track is fine. I've tested this with no other FX on the tracks, and AFAIK no scripts running.

I hope this is something that can be addressed because I would really like to use this plugin in Reaper.

Thanks.

Windows 8, version 6.3 (Build 9600), Reaper 6.46
Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHZ, RAM 12 GB
Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Peter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:20 PM   #2
foxAsteria

That's going to be entirely up to the plugin developer to fix or not. Probably not if it's still 32-bit.

But if you only have problems with rendering, doing the render online or perhaps 1x offline should do the trick.

Also, def not free but Arturia has modeled that synth as well.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:24 AM   #3
Peter C

Default VST bridging problem

1x Offline did the trick.
I never got that plugin to render before. This is great!
Thanks a lot.
Peter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 12:17 PM   #4
Mark Gastambide

Glad to find this thread! I had to get Reaper up and running on a new PC recently, and encountered an issue with VST's not saving in projects. When I re-opened a project, the VST would be there in name only, and the MIDI was still there (and even showed on the meter when playing), but no sound. I would have to physically go in and "Replace FX" for those VSTs. I was mystified why some VSTs saved and others didn't, until I realized that the ones not saving were ALL 32-bit, INCLUDING multiple instances of Arminator2. So, apparently there was a bridging issue going on that affected not only the Arminator, but the other 32-bit instruments as well.

I tried the advice of simply rendering/freezing the Arminator instances - problem solved!

Being a computer DAW novice, I don't pretend to understand exactly how and why that bridging issue happens, but I guess I am glad to find a band-aid remedy to at least get me by...
Mark Gastambide is offline   Reply With Quote