Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-23-2020, 12:12 PM   #9281
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
No objection here, though I was wondering the other day whether it was possible to have the FX menu appear on one surface, but have the selected FX map to another? (and whether ZoneLink might help in achieving that)
Yeah, that was the one use case I could think of, wonder if it really is an issue though in practice ?

Here's why -- as I'm re-architecting, I'm trying to clean up design flaws like the FX focus issues we are having, trying to keep track of what's what is hard enough on one surface without spreading active Zones out across surfaces.

I think much more headway could be made solving this if each surface was solely responsible for it's Zone management.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #9282
MixMonkey

I think if you solve the Focus FX problems, this won't be an issue.

I saw it as a way of avoiding the FocusedFXNavigator for surfaces that didn't have displays, for people who had one MCU/XTouch type surface and another MIDIFighterTwister/BCR2000 type.

They could have the FX menu appear on the first surface, but have the selected FX map to the second.

From what I've seen so far, people using surfaces without displays for FX mapping tend to gravitate toward the FocusedFXNavigator, so if that is watertight, I don't think anyone would bother with the method I've just described.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:55 PM   #9283
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I think if you solve the Focus FX problems, this won't be an issue.

I saw it as a way of avoiding the FocusedFXNavigator for surfaces that didn't have displays, for people who had one MCU/XTouch type surface and another MIDIFighterTwister/BCR2000 type.

They could have the FX menu appear on the first surface, but have the selected FX map to the second.

From what I've seen so far, people using surfaces without displays for FX mapping tend to gravitate toward the FocusedFXNavigator, so if that is watertight, I don't think anyone would bother with the method I've just described.
Thanks, yeah, it's gone now, removing it resulted in a substantial complexity reduction.

I'm on a bit of a Dalek mission right now, looking for overly complex code that provides little benefit
Old 05-23-2020, 07:30 PM   #9284
paat

Is there an FAQ / introduction? There’s clearly a lot of action here, but it’s hard to figure out where to get going.

Here are some questions that I suspect are answered somewhere in the 200+ pages:

1. What controllers does this support? Which ones work the best?
2. What controller(s) does Geoff use with this?
3. Should I be following the code from stash, or github? What’s the difference?

I am looking to get a good controller for Reaper’s basic daw functions as well as mapping to VSTis and this seems like the most current approach.
paat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:22 PM   #9285
siniarch

@Paat,
You've come to the right place. I'm just getting started myself. I bought an iCon QCon Pro G2 controller and an extender QCon Ex G2 addition. iCon claims this works with Reaper but I didn't find it worked well, so I started digging in and found this Thread. Everyone is super helpful and once you get the logic behind things it's not as difficult as it seems. At least so far. But I haven't gotten in the thick of things. So I might regret saying that. hahahah. Welcome.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:20 PM   #9286
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by paat View Post
Is there an FAQ / introduction? There’s clearly a lot of action here, but it’s hard to figure out where to get going.

Here are some questions that I suspect are answered somewhere in the 200+ pages:

1. What controllers does this support? Which ones work the best?
2. What controller(s) does Geoff use with this?
3. Should I be following the code from stash, or github? What’s the difference?

I am looking to get a good controller for Reaper’s basic daw functions as well as mapping to VSTis and this seems like the most current approach.
To answer the questions I can:

1. CSI works with any traditional MIDI controller (unless the manufacturer did something weird), any MCU controller, most EuCon devices with varying degrees of support, and it also supports OSC. So a huge range of devices can be setup to work with CSI. Quite a few surfaces are included, some you can ask for help with or search the thread for some extras, eventually, many more will need included out of the box.

2. Download CSI and setup CSI and you'll get a default CSI.ini that shows Geoff's setup.

3. This isn't open source. Get the latest build from the Stash, the GitHub has a wiki that covers instructions and documentation. Post here if you have specific questions.

Good luck!
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:53 PM   #9287
siniarch

@Funkybot

Perhaps you can help me with this and please forgive my ignorance. I've never had a hardware controller so I'm unfamiliar with the following buttons as far as what they can or are supposed to do?

Page Up: What is it supposed to be used for and what do people usually use it for?

Page Down: same as above.

Pan: If the encoders pan the tracks, why this button?

Inserts: Is this supposed to show the FXs inserted into the track?

EQ: Is this a button that quickly adds a default EQ to the track? and opens that window so you can start altering the parameters. Hopefully mapping them to the encoders and faders?

FX Send: If the "Sends" button below opens up the sends, not sure what the FX Sends is supposed to do?

Sends: is this supposed to open up the track routing so you can see the sends and receives for that track?

VST: Again, is this supposed to open up the VST plugin windows? Seems like "Inserts" already does this?

Master: is this supposed make the Master track visible and invisible?

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:00 AM   #9288
Lautje

Default Syntax page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I did read the post. Sorry for not replying directly sooner and thanks for the feedback. The wiki is very much a work in progress and I think all involved are open to continuously improving it.

I've also been thinking about a "Quick Setup" type page that covers high-level installation steps and Control Surface configuration, but my thinking on that front is that it would probably be a bit premature until the Edit Mode window is in a more final state, and we've got more surfaces included in the distribution. If you happen to have an included surface, and don't need to make changes to anything, then setup can indeed be quick, but I can also see lots of users saying "hey, my surface isn't included - what do I do?" And that's where maybe the rest of the Wiki may be required. But it's definitely something I've been thinking about and I believe will happen at some point.

Regarding a general syntax page...could you elaborate? I'm not sure how that would work. The Wiki is broken out by topic, and the syntax will vary for each topic (a surface zon looks different than an fx zon and what you want to do with each will dictate the syntax), so I've been trying to give real-world examples whenever I create a page, but those pages are at a more granular level. When the syntax changes, we try to keep up the Wiki up to date. Do you have an idea as to how you'd like it to look or work that you could elaborate on?

I do like the idea of a Troubleshooting page and hadn't thought of that previously. There's a few basic issues and steps we could probably document there to at least get users some guidance on what to try and where to look if they get stuck along the way. Then...we could always refer them back here if still stuck. I think this is something you may see sooner rather than later.

When it comes to pages for specific surfaces, I think a lot of the need for that will be negated when we have more included surface/zon files with CSI and things are a little more plug and play. I may be speaking out of turn, but I don't think the endgame here is for users to have to create Display Widgets for their surfaces, but rather just say "this is my surface, here's the .zon file - ok, I want to customize the .zon file a bit let me go to the Edit window to do that." The joy of being an early adopter is we get to do things the hard way.

Please write back if you have more feedback, questions, or examples of where we can improve the Wiki. Note: it's not my page, it's MalcolmG's, Geoff and I are also editors.
A quick setup page will hopefully prevent the same questions over and over again on the forum. But maybe it's a little premature like you mentioned. I noticed some assuming the beta is already plug and play. Maybe the endgame is to reduce the amount of tinkering, but customisation and versatility is what makes it so awesome, at least for me! However I'm aware of the fact that it's not yet finished and probably most users are too.

About the general syntax page, I was thinking about a wider concept of the coding. Maybe it's more difficult to create a page like that than I thought. I'll see if I can come up with a more elaborated plan this week and attach it over here. The basic idea was to minimise the amount of changes in case of an update and to create a basic list. Something like:

- action (no parameter) AnyWidget play
- action (custom) AnyWidget Reaper 41665
- action 2 widgets (no parameter)AnyWidget+AnyWidget Reaper 40022
- action (parameter)
- comment //put your comment here

Glad you like the idea of a troubleshooting page. Just a quick reading session on the forum gives plenty of examples where people get stuck. For example: button stays on, try to define a release message. Button not working, check the SySex in mst.
Lautje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:05 AM   #9289
Lomeos

Default Behringer xtouch one - CSI

Hello Folks, new CSI user here.

I bought a Behringer xtouch one and soon found out the Reaper implementation sucks. I installed CSI now and started programming it, based on the MCU template. Things are already much better and I got most buttons to work, but I do have some questions.

- I can't get the jogwheel to work. How does this work?
- how do the lights/colors of buttons work?
- is there a way to toggle on/off state by pressing again (like mute/rec/solo)?
- can I change the color?
- can I make buttons affect the state of other buttons?

As an example for the last one: I programmed the F1-F5 keys for several automation steps (read,write, trim, ect). Only one of them is active at a time. I would like the buttons to reflect that.

- is there a way to get rid of the fader banks? The xtouch one has only one fader, but I can only switch channels in groups of eight.

Happy to share my .mst and .zone files if someone is interested.

Thanks,

Last edited by Lomeos; 05-24-2020 at 02:12 AM.
Lomeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:11 AM   #9290
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
@Funkybot

Perhaps you can help me with this and please forgive my ignorance. I've never had a hardware controller so I'm unfamiliar with the following buttons as far as what they can or are supposed to do?

Page Up: What is it supposed to be used for and what do people usually use it for?

Page Down: same as above.

Pan: If the encoders pan the tracks, why this button?

Inserts: Is this supposed to show the FXs inserted into the track?

EQ: Is this a button that quickly adds a default EQ to the track? and opens that window so you can start altering the parameters. Hopefully mapping them to the encoders and faders?

FX Send: If the "Sends" button below opens up the sends, not sure what the FX Sends is supposed to do?

Sends: is this supposed to open up the track routing so you can see the sends and receives for that track?

VST: Again, is this supposed to open up the VST plugin windows? Seems like "Inserts" already does this?

Master: is this supposed make the Master track visible and invisible?

Thanks.
Hey i will chime in on the send button. That zone file i sent is an old one. But what i have now is 2 actions tied to the same button
ie...send ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
Send Reaper "action that shows the send window"

I dont know the action off hand. Im away for the weekend which is why i cant access my computer and send u my up to date files. But yes just use the 2 actions together to control sends and show them
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:19 AM   #9291
Cragster

@ siniarch
The action is 40293

So go like this

Code:
Send ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
Send Reaper "40293"
This will activate the send controls and toggle the i/o window
Old 05-24-2020, 06:59 AM   #9292
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomeos View Post
Hello Folks, new CSI user here.

I bought a Behringer xtouch one and soon found out the Reaper implementation sucks. I installed CSI now and started programming it, based on the MCU template. Things are already much better and I got most buttons to work, but I do have some questions.

- I can't get the jogwheel to work. How does this work?
- how do the lights/colors of buttons work?
- is there a way to toggle on/off state by pressing again (like mute/rec/solo)?
- can I change the color?
- can I make buttons affect the state of other buttons?

As an example for the last one: I programmed the F1-F5 keys for several automation steps (read,write, trim, ect). Only one of them is active at a time. I would like the buttons to reflect that.

- is there a way to get rid of the fader banks? The xtouch one has only one fader, but I can only switch channels in groups of eight.

Happy to share my .mst and .zone files if someone is interested.

Thanks,
If you want to check out my X-Touch One files to see what I did, you can download them here:

https://forum.cockos.com/attachment....5&d=1584462637

I think I addressed most of your concerns. There's a two zone folders one foot selected track, s
and another for standard MCU. Read the notes in the zone to understand what mode to use in the surface and how to get it working.

You can try the mappings, and back up your copies, or just look to see how I accomplished some of the things you have questions on. Let me know if you have questions.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #9293
siniarch

@Funkybot
Thank you.
@Cragster
Thank you.

So I grabbed the MST file from the QConProX that Cragster provided and re-organized it and re-named some of the buttons. The QConProG2 comes with some overlays depending on the DAW you are using, and I really hate having that thing on it. Also, mysteriously they leave some buttons cover and unused. So I renamed the buttons with the white printed name on the controller. I might keep some of the functions on the overlay and just print lables and replace the factory names, but the code I feel should reflect what's on the controller.
In any case, here is my MST file for the QConProG2 controller. (I do hope that comments are allowed. Otherwise, I'll have to take those out)

Looks like the Code is too long so I will have to split it in two posts.

Code:
/ ==========================================
/ MST file for QCon Pro G2 by Luis
/ ==========================================
/ I've placed the buttons located on the right of the controller at the top of this list because I believe those are the ones
/ that will get the most customization. I'm also not labeling the buttons with the iCon provided INSERT for REAPER because I
/ just hate having that on my controller. So I'm labeling the buttons as they are lable with the white paint on the controller.
/ At the bottom of the list you will see the Display, Encoder (rotary dials) and the Individual Track Buttons and Fader Commands
/ Widgets.
/ v1.00 (match version to ZONE file version)
/ A big thanks to all those helping with the CSI Project at the Reaper Forum: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143

/ ==============================================================================================================================
/ TRACK/FADER CONTROLS - These let you bank faders to tracks on the left & right and flip the encoder to faders and vise versa
/ ============================================================================================================================== 
Widget Flip
	Press 90 32 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 32 7f 90 32 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelLeft
	Press 90 30 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelRight
	Press 90 31 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget BankLeft
	Press 90 2E 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget BankRight
	Press 90 2F 7f
WidgetEnd

/ ======================================
/ NAME/VALUE - 
/ ======================================
Widget nameValue
	Press 90 34 7f
     FB_TwoState 90 34 7f 90 34 00
WidgetEnd

Widget smpteBeats
	Press 90 35 7f
WidgetEnd

/ ==============================================
/ DAW MODE/UTILITIES
Widget Undo // used to be Shift
	Press 90 46 7f 90 46 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Redo // used to be Option
	Press 90 47 7f 90 47 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Save // used to be Control
	Press 90 48 7f 90 48 00
WidgetEnd

/ ===================================================================
/ FUNCTIONS - function butons from F1-F8. These have 2 layer states
/ ===================================================================
Widget F1
	Press 90 36 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F2
	Press 90 37 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F3
	Press 90 38 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F4
	Press 90 39 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F5
	Press 90 3a 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F6
	Press 90 3b 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F7
	Press 90 3c 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F8
	Press 90 3d 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F1L2
	Press 90 3e 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F2L2
	Press 90 3f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F3L2
	Press 90 40 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F4L2
	Press 90 41 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F5L2
	Press 90 42 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F6L2
	Press 90 43 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F7L2
	Press 90 44 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F8L2
	Press 90 45 7f
WidgetEnd

/ ASSIGNMENTS - 

Widget PageUp // used to be Blank1
	Press 90 28 7f
	 FB_TwoState 90 28 7f 90 28 00
WidgetEnd

Widget PageDown // used to be SEND
	Press 90 29 7f
     FB_TwoState 90 29 7f 90 29 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pan
	Press 90 2a 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 2a 7f 90 2a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Inserts // used to be Plugin
	Press 90 2b 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 2b 7f 90 2b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget EQ
	Press 90 2c 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 2c 7f 90 2c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FXSend // used to be Blank2
	Press 90 2d 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 2d 7f 90 2d 00
WidgetEnd

/ ========================================================================
/ AUTOMATION - this has read/write/ but also /sends/project/Mixer/Motors
/ ========================================================================

Widget Read
	Press 90 4a 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 4a 7f 90 4a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Write
	Press 90 4b 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 4b 7f 90 4b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Sends // used to be Trim
	Press 90 4c 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 4c 7f 90 4c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Project // used to be named Touch
	Press 90 4d 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 4d 7f 90 4d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mixer // used to be named Latch
	Press 90 4e 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 4e 7f 90 4e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Motors // used to be named Blank3
	Press 90 4f 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 4f 7f 90 4f 00
WidgetEnd

/ ==========================================================================
/ OTHER/UTILITIES
/ ==========================================================================

Widget VST // used to be named Save
	Press 90 50 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Master // used to be named Undo
	Press 90 51 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Shift // used to be named Blank5
	Press 90 53 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 53 7f 90 53 00
WidgetEnd

Widget OtherLeft // used to be named Marker
	Press 90 54 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 54 7f 90 54 00
WidgetEnd

Widget OtherLeftL2 // used to be named Marker
	Press 90 58 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 58 7f 90 58 00
WidgetEnd

Widget OtherRight // used to be named Normal
	Press 90 55 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 55 7f 90 55 00
WidgetEnd

idget OtherRightL2 // used to be named Normal
	Press 90 59 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 59 7f 90 59 00
WidgetEnd

Widget OtherSolo // used to be named Blank4
	Press 90 52 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 52 7f 90 52 00
WidgetEnd

Widget OtherSoloL2 // used to be named Blank4
	Press 90 5a 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 5a 7f 90 5a 00
WidgetEnd

\ ===========================================================
\ TRANSPORT
\ ===========================================================

Widget Rewind
	Press 90 5b 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 5b 7f 90 5b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Loop
	Press 90 56 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 56 7f 90 56 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FastForward
	Press 90 5c 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 5c 7f 90 5c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Record
	Press 90 5f 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 5f 7f 90 5f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Play
	Press 90 5e 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 5e 7f 90 5e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Stop
	Press 90 5d 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 5d 7f 90 5d 00
WidgetEnd

/ =====================================================
/ ZOOM COMMANDS & SCRUB
/ =====================================================
Widget Up
	Press 90 60 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Left
	Press 90 62 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Zoom
	Press 90 64 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 64 7f 90 64 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Right
	Press 90 63 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Down
	Press 90 61 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Scrub
	Press 90 65 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 65 7f 90 65 00
WidgetEnd

/ ===========================================================================================
/ JOG WHEEL - Developed a hack as JogWheel has 8 outputs depending on speed as per Cragster
/ ===========================================================================================
Widget JogWheelRotaryCW
	Press b0 3c 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW2
     Press b0 3c 02
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW3
     Press b0 3c 03
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW4
     Press b0 3c 04
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW5
     Press b0 3c 05
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW6
     Press b0 3c 06
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW7
     Press b0 3c 07
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW8
     Press b0 3c 08
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW
     Press b0 3c 41
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW2
     Press b0 3c 42
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW3
     Press b0 3c 43
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW4
     Press b0 3c 44
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW5
     Press b0 3c 45
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW6
     Press b0 3c 46
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW7
     Press b0 3c 47
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW8
     Press b0 3c 48
WidgetEnd

Last edited by siniarch; 05-24-2020 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:37 AM   #9294
siniarch

Here is the rest of the code for the QConProG2 controller that I re-configured.

Code:
/ ===============================================================
/ DISPLAY - Display Upper & Lower from Track 1-8 & Time display
/ ===============================================================
Widget DisplayUpper1
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 0
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper2
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 1
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper3
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 2
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper4
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 3
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper5
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 4
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper6
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 5
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper7
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 6
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper8
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 7
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower1
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 0
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower2
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 1
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower3
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 2
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower4
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 3
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower5
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 4
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower6
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 5
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower7
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 6
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower8
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 7
WidgetEnd

Widget TimeDisplay
	FB_MCUTimeDisplay
WidgetEnd

/ =======================================================
/ ENCODERS - Rotaty knob and Rotary Push from Track 1-8
/ =======================================================
Widget RotaryPush1
	Press 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush2
	Press 90 21 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush3
	Press 90 22 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush4
	Press 90 23 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush5
	Press 90 24 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush6
	Press 90 25 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush7
	Press 90 26 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush8
	Press 90 27 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary1
	Encoder b0 10 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary2
	Encoder b0 11 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 11 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary3
	Encoder b0 12 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 12 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary4
	Encoder b0 13 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 13 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary5
	Encoder b0 14 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 14 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary6
	Encoder b0 15 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 15 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary7
	Encoder b0 16 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 16 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary8
	Encoder b0 17 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 17 7f
WidgetEnd

/ ====================================================
/ TRACK BUTTONS Rec, Solo, Mute, Sel from Track 1-8
/ ====================================================
Widget RecordArm1
	Press 90 00 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 00 7f 90 00 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm2
	Press 90 01 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 01 7f 90 01 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm3
	Press 90 02 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 02 7f 90 02 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm4
	Press 90 03 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 03 7f 90 03 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm5
	Press 90 04 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 04 7f 90 04 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm6
	Press 90 05 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 05 7f 90 05 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm7
	Press 90 06 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 06 7f 90 06 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm8
	Press 90 07 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 07 7f 90 07 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo1
	Press 90 08 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 08 7f 90 08 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo2
	Press 90 09 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 09 7f 90 09 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo3
	Press 90 0a 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0a 7f 90 0a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo4
	Press 90 0b 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0b 7f 90 0b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo5
	Press 90 0c 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0c 7f 90 0c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo6
	Press 90 0d 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0d 7f 90 0d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo7
	Press 90 0e 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0e 7f 90 0e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo8
	Press 90 0f 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0f 7f 90 0f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute1
	Press 90 10 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 10 7f 90 10 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute2
	Press 90 11 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 11 7f 90 11 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute3
	Press 90 12 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 12 7f 90 12 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute4
	Press 90 13 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 13 7f 90 13 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute5
	Press 90 14 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 14 7f 90 14 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute6
	Press 90 15 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 15 7f 90 15 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute7
	Press 90 16 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 16 7f 90 16 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute8
	Press 90 17 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 17 7f 90 17 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select1
	Press 90 18 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 18 7f 90 18 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select2
	Press 90 19 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 19 7f 90 19 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select3
	Press 90 1a 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1a 7f 90 1a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select4
	Press 90 1b 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1b 7f 90 1b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select5
	Press 90 1c 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1c 7f 90 1c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select6
	Press 90 1d 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1d 7f 90 1d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select7
	Press 90 1e 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1e 7f 90 1e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select8
	Press 90 1f 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1f 7f 90 1f 00
WidgetEnd

/ ===============================================
/ FADERS - Faders & Fader Touch from Track 1-8
/ ===============================================
Widget Fader1
	Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader2
	Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader3
	Fader14Bit e2 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e2 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader4
	Fader14Bit e3 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e3 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader5
	Fader14Bit e4 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e4 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader6
	Fader14Bit e5 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e5 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader7
	Fader14Bit e6 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e6 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader8
	Fader14Bit e7 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e7 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch1
	Press 90 68 7f 90 68 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch2
	Press 90 69 7f 90 69 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch3
	Press 90 6a 7f 90 6a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch4
	Press 90 6b 7f 90 6b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch5
	Press 90 6c 7f 90 6c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch6
	Press 90 6d 7f 90 6d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch7
	Press 90 6e 7f 90 6e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch8
	Press 90 6f 7f 90 6f 00
WidgetEnd

/ ==========================================================
/ FADER VU METER - VU Meters next to Faders from Track 1-8
/ ==========================================================
Widget VUMeter1
	FB_MCUVUMeter 0
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter2
	FB_MCUVUMeter 1
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter3
	FB_MCUVUMeter 2
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter4
	FB_MCUVUMeter 3
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter5
	FB_MCUVUMeter 4
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter6
	FB_MCUVUMeter 5
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter7
	FB_MCUVUMeter 6
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter8
	FB_MCUVUMeter 7
WidgetEnd

/ ========================================
/ MASTER FADER - All things Master Fader
/ ========================================
Widget MasterFader
	Fader14Bit e8 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e8 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget MasterFaderTouch
	Press 90 70 7f 90 70 00
WidgetEnd

/ Widget MasterChannelMeterLeft // Pro G2 does not have a VU Master Meter
/	FB_QConProXMasterVUMeter 0
/ WidgetEnd

/ Widget MasterChannelMeterRight // Pro G2 does not have a VU Master Meter
/       FB_QConProXMasterVUMeter 1
/ WidgetEnd
I'll work on the ZONE file next to reflect the changes in button names and make sure it all works together.

Thanks for all the help everyone and hope this helps someone in the future.

Last edited by siniarch; 05-24-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:58 AM   #9295
Funkybot

Quote:
I'll work on the ZONE file next to reflect the changes in button names and make sure it all works together.

Glad you've made some headway. When you're all done zip them both up and post the files here so Geoff can include them in future builds.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:00 AM   #9296
Cragster

Quote:
Here is the rest of the code for the QConProG2 controller that I re-configured.

Code:
/===============================================================
/DISPLAY - Display Upper & Lower from Track 1-8 & Time display
/===============================================================
Widget DisplayUpper1
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 0
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper2
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 1
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper3
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 2
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper4
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 3
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper5
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 4
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper6
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 5
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper7
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 6
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper8
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 7
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower1
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 0
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower2
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 1
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower3
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 2
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower4
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 3
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower5
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 4
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower6
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 5
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower7
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 6
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower8
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 7
WidgetEnd

Widget TimeDisplay
	FB_MCUTimeDisplay
WidgetEnd

/=======================================================
/ENCODERS - Rotaty knob and Rotary Push from Track 1-8
/=======================================================
Widget RotaryPush1
	Press 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush2
	Press 90 21 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush3
	Press 90 22 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush4
	Press 90 23 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush5
	Press 90 24 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush6
	Press 90 25 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush7
	Press 90 26 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush8
	Press 90 27 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary1
	Encoder b0 10 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary2
	Encoder b0 11 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 11 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary3
	Encoder b0 12 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 12 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary4
	Encoder b0 13 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 13 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary5
	Encoder b0 14 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 14 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary6
	Encoder b0 15 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 15 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary7
	Encoder b0 16 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 16 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary8
	Encoder b0 17 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 17 7f
WidgetEnd

/====================================================
/TRACK BUTTONS Rec, Solo, Mute, Sel from Track 1-8
/====================================================
Widget RecordArm1
	Press 90 00 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 00 7f 90 00 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm2
	Press 90 01 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 01 7f 90 01 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm3
	Press 90 02 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 02 7f 90 02 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm4
	Press 90 03 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 03 7f 90 03 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm5
	Press 90 04 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 04 7f 90 04 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm6
	Press 90 05 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 05 7f 90 05 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm7
	Press 90 06 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 06 7f 90 06 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm8
	Press 90 07 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 07 7f 90 07 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo1
	Press 90 08 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 08 7f 90 08 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo2
	Press 90 09 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 09 7f 90 09 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo3
	Press 90 0a 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0a 7f 90 0a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo4
	Press 90 0b 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0b 7f 90 0b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo5
	Press 90 0c 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0c 7f 90 0c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo6
	Press 90 0d 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0d 7f 90 0d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo7
	Press 90 0e 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0e 7f 90 0e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo8
	Press 90 0f 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0f 7f 90 0f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute1
	Press 90 10 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 10 7f 90 10 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute2
	Press 90 11 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 11 7f 90 11 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute3
	Press 90 12 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 12 7f 90 12 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute4
	Press 90 13 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 13 7f 90 13 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute5
	Press 90 14 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 14 7f 90 14 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute6
	Press 90 15 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 15 7f 90 15 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute7
	Press 90 16 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 16 7f 90 16 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute8
	Press 90 17 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 17 7f 90 17 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select1
	Press 90 18 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 18 7f 90 18 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select2
	Press 90 19 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 19 7f 90 19 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select3
	Press 90 1a 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1a 7f 90 1a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select4
	Press 90 1b 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1b 7f 90 1b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select5
	Press 90 1c 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1c 7f 90 1c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select6
	Press 90 1d 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1d 7f 90 1d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select7
	Press 90 1e 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1e 7f 90 1e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select8
	Press 90 1f 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1f 7f 90 1f 00
WidgetEnd

/===============================================
/FADERS - Faders & Fader Touch from Track 1-8
/===============================================
Widget Fader1
	Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader2
	Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader3
	Fader14Bit e2 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e2 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader4
	Fader14Bit e3 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e3 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader5
	Fader14Bit e4 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e4 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader6
	Fader14Bit e5 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e5 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader7
	Fader14Bit e6 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e6 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader8
	Fader14Bit e7 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e7 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch1
	Press 90 68 7f 90 68 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch2
	Press 90 69 7f 90 69 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch3
	Press 90 6a 7f 90 6a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch4
	Press 90 6b 7f 90 6b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch5
	Press 90 6c 7f 90 6c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch6
	Press 90 6d 7f 90 6d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch7
	Press 90 6e 7f 90 6e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch8
	Press 90 6f 7f 90 6f 00
WidgetEnd

/==========================================================
/FADER VU METER - VU Meters next to Faders from Track 1-8
/==========================================================
Widget VUMeter1
	FB_MCUVUMeter 0
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter2
	FB_MCUVUMeter 1
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter3
	FB_MCUVUMeter 2
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter4
	FB_MCUVUMeter 3
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter5
	FB_MCUVUMeter 4
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter6
	FB_MCUVUMeter 5
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter7
	FB_MCUVUMeter 6
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter8
	FB_MCUVUMeter 7
WidgetEnd

/========================================
/MASTER FADER - All things Master Fader
/========================================
Widget MasterFader
	Fader14Bit e8 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e8 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget MasterFaderTouch
	Press 90 70 7f 90 70 00
WidgetEnd

/ Widget MasterChannelMeterLeft //Pro G2 does not have a VU Master Meter
/	FB_QConProXMasterVUMeter 0
/WidgetEnd

/Widget MasterChannelMeterRight //Pro G2 does not have a VU Master Meter
/       FB_QConProXMasterVUMeter 1
/WidgetEnd

Yes comments are allowed. I usually have them after the actions with a double slash //. Just to know what the action does. Comments in other places the guys would know for sure. Im pretty sure as long as they are slashed their ok. Glad your making progress. I remember wen i started. I asked evry dumb question that could be asked lol
Old 05-24-2020, 10:33 AM   #9297
paat

Quote:
To answer the questions I can:

1. CSI works with any traditional MIDI controller (unless the manufacturer did something weird), any MCU controller, most EuCon devices with varying degrees of support, and it also supports OSC. So a huge range of devices can be setup to work with CSI. Quite a few surfaces are included, some you can ask for help with or search the thread for some extras, eventually, many more will need included out of the box.

2. Download CSI and setup CSI and you'll get a default CSI.ini that shows Geoff's setup.

3. This isn't open source. Get the latest build from the Stash, the GitHub has a wiki that covers instructions and documentation. Post here if you have specific questions.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info.

1. I'm trying to find a motorized controller fader. Top contenders appear to be Mackie Control Unit, Behringer X-Touch, and Icon Pro X / G2. I am looking for one that is well-supported by CSI. I'm surprised to see that the X-Touch doesn't have a profile (the mini does, but not the main one), given what a popular controller it is and how many people are talking about it in this thread.

2. Okay, looks like a Console 1, Launchpad, iPad, iPhone, and EuCon. Interesting that he doesn't use any of the ones I listed above.

3. Got it, cool.

What I'm really hoping to get from these questions is a sense of what controllers are people using with this? Like are there two or three that are the most popular with CSI, so I can focus on those?
Old 05-24-2020, 10:45 AM   #9298
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

1. I'm trying to find a motorized controller fader. Top contenders appear to be Mackie Control Unit, Behringer X-Touch, and Icon Pro X / G2. I am looking for one that is well-supported by CSI. I'm surprised to see that the X-Touch doesn't have a profile (the mini does, but not the main one), given what a popular controller it is and how many people are talking about it in this thread.
The X-Touch uses MCU as a protocol, so it'll just mostly work out of the box with MCU mode. I have the X-Touch One and basically started with the MCU.mst and MCU.zon files, and modified them to fit the single surface device. Cragster is using the Icon Pro X, Siniarch is doing the G2 as we speak.

That's the brilliance of CSI. Your'e not limited by certain "surfaces" or "devices," support is at the protocol level. So anything that works with MCU, EuCon, MIDI, or OSC can be configured to work. MCU is standard enough that any MCU capable device should work out of the box pretty well.

Here's what's a no-go: HUI, Automap, NKS, and the original Presonus Faderport because of how it's fader transmitted data. There may be an odd display or meter here or there that acts a little wonky (Cragster, I believe you never got the QCon Pro X master meter or master display working - but it's on the to-do list?), or some extended surface-specific features may not be implemented yet (like colored scribble strips on the Behringer X-Touch), but otherwise, any MCU surface will just work due to it being a standard protocol. So make your choice based on price, and build quality, because compatibility is pretty much a non-issue with CSI. And if a button or two don't work, we'll help you get them sorted.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:47 AM   #9299
Funkybot

Hey, if anyone sees a used, working Mackie C4 for a good price, let me know!
Old 05-24-2020, 11:12 AM   #9300
paat

Quote:
That's the brilliance of CSI. Your'e not limited by certain "surfaces" or "devices," support is at the protocol level. So anything that works with MCU, EuCon, MIDI, or OSC can be configured to work. MCU is standard enough that any MCU capable device should work out of the box pretty well.
Okay cool. So basically nobody has used the 9-fader x-touch with it yet, which is why there's no profile for it?
Old 05-24-2020, 11:16 AM   #9301
Freex

Quote:
Hey, if anyone sees a used, working Mackie C4 for a good price, let me know!
If you have a tablet knocking around, there's a Emulated C4 for OCS in the build, just need OCS on your tablet to run it.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #9302
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
If you have a tablet knocking around, there's a Emulated C4 for OSC in the build, just need Touch OSC on your tablet to run it.
Man, great to see you here !!

I've been wondering how you were doing, and how your setup was working.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:50 AM   #9303
Funkybot

Quote:
Okay cool. So basically nobody has used the 9-fader x-touch with it yet, which is why there's no profile for it?
See here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=233564
Old 05-24-2020, 11:55 AM   #9304
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
If you have a tablet knocking around, there's a Emulated C4 for OCS in the build, just need OCS on your tablet to run it.
I do indeed have a tablet thanks for the suggestion I just prefer real knobs and faders. I'd love a dedicated FX surface with displays and physical knobs. I've scoured the interwebs for any info on how the Novation Remote SL displays work because I have one of them and it would be killer to get those displays working with CSI. If there's ever anything I can do to help with that Geoff (like maybe sending sysex dumps) let me know!
Old 05-24-2020, 02:23 PM   #9305
Lomeos

Quote:
If you want to check out my X-Touch One files to see what I did, you can download them here:

https://forum.cockos.com/attachment....5&d=1584462637

I think I addressed most of your concerns. There's a two zone folders one foot selected track, s
and another for standard MCU. Read the notes in the zone to understand what mode to use in the surface and how to get it working.

You can try the mappings, and back up your copies, or just look to see how I accomplished some of the things you have questions on. Let me know if you have questions.
Wow, thank you! It did solve a lot of things. I will check out the files.
A first quick one: I see a lot of Shift+ statements. What is Shift on the xtouch one?
Old 05-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #9306
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomeos View Post
Wow, thank you! It did solve a lot of things. I will check out the files.
A first quick one: I see a lot of Shift+ statements. What is Shift on the xtouch one?
Great question!

I personally setup the center button in the Zoom section (the "Zoom" widget) as a Shift widget. You could do that.

Modifiers are pretty much global in CSI, so you could even have a Shift modifier on another surface if you have something else lying around you can use. You just want to make sure the device sends release messages.

If you use my .zon file and want some real fun, try this:

1. Open an FX, and move a parameter
2. On the X-Touch one hit Shift+Write (Zoom+F2)

Result: you're now in Focused FX Parameter mode. Now the X-Touch One fader is controlling the last touched plugin parameter. Great for quickly adjusting plugin settings without the mouse. No need to pre-map any FX either. Any parameter you touch with your mouse, the fader will jump to and control.

3. Press Shift+Read (Zoom+F1) to return back to controlling the volume of the selected track

...I love that feature so much!

Last edited by Funkybot; 05-24-2020 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:48 PM   #9307
Lomeos

Quote:
Great question!

I personally setup the center button in the Zoom section (the "Zoom" widget) as a Shift widget. You could do that.

Modifiers are pretty much global in CSI, so you could even have a Shift modifier on another surface if you have something else lying around you can use. You just want to make sure the device sends release messages.

If you use my .zon file and want some real fun, try this:

1. Open an FX, and move a parameter
2. On the X-Touch one hit Shift+Write (Zoom+F2)

Result: you're now in Focused FX Parameter mode. Now the X-Touch One fader is controlling the last touched plugin parameter. Great for quickly adjusting plugin settings without the mouse. No need to pre-map any FX either. Any parameter you touch with your mouse, the fader will jump to and control.

3. Press Shift+Read (Zoom+F1) to return back to controlling the volume of the selected track

...I love that feature so much!
wow, that is so cool!
thank you so much for your help.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:12 PM   #9308
Zajac

Hi, I have a question about integrating old digital mixer (Yamaha Pro Mix 01).

Fader7Bit B0 00 7f
FB_Fader7Bit B0 00 7f

This is what I did in the mst file for a single fader test. Changing fader position with a mouse is reflected on the control surface which is great but when I try to move the actual fader on the mixer it looks like the motor is working against me. Is this normal or maybe something can be done to make it usable?
Zajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:02 PM   #9309
verychrisb

First of all, thanks to anyone in this thread and special thanks to Geoff for making all this possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
!!!!! Would love to have control over the button lights
I'm new here and didn't read all of the +100 pages in the thread, so maybe this had already been suggested somewhere else. But here is my hack to make it work to some extent:
I'm using a ReaScript assignment to make the button light up and a NoAction assignment to turn the light back off. The ReaScript is empty and doesn't do anything, but it needs to be loaded by Reaper in order to be accessible via an action.

Example:
Code:
Zone "Jogging_Init|"
    /fine:
    JogWheel_Right  Reaper "40105" // View: Move cursor right one pixel
    JogWheel_Left   Reaper "40104" // View: Move cursor left one pixel

Scrub   GoZone "Scrubbing"
ZoneEnd

Zone "Jogging"
    /fine:

Scrub   NoAction
ZoneEnd

Zone "Scrubbing"
    /coarse:
    JogWheel_Right  Reaper "41667" // View: Move cursor right 8 pixel
    JogWheel_Left   Reaper "41666" // View: Move cursor left 8 pixel

Scrub   Reaper "_RScbb38062b6b01d2f7ca64356849ca40bb20e0e8a" // Empty Action to show light
    Scrub   GoZone "Jogging"
ZoneEnd
This lights up the scrub button on my X Touch One when "scrubbing" zone is active and turns it back off when switching to "jogging".
verychrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:19 AM   #9310
kram0

Default Duplicate widgets

Hi Geoff
I realised that when I duplicated the widget entry as per below I'm losing some most of the "Rotary1" data (as it mostly sends 3f or 41).
Code:
Widget LayerB_Rotary1
	EncoderPlainReverse b0 72 40
WidgetEnd
Widget LayerB_RotaryL1
	Press b0 72 3f
WidgetEnd
Widget LayerB_RotaryR1
	Press b0 72 41
WidgetEnd
I obviously don't want both widgets assigned in the same zone. For the mixer controls I want to use RotaryL1/R1, but for FX zones I want the encoder.

Is there any chance allowing duplicate widget matches could be enabled/supported in the code?
Would you consider support for positive encoder signals to send one command while negative send a different command?
Is there another way that I would be better off achieving this?

Thanks
Matt
kram0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:33 AM   #9311
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by verychrisb View Post
First of all, thanks to anyone in this thread and special thanks to Geoff for making all this possible!

I'm new here and didn't read all of the +100 pages in the thread, so maybe this had already been suggested somewhere else. But here is my hack to make it work to some extent:
I'm using a ReaScript assignment to make the button light up and a NoAction assignment to turn the light back off. The ReaScript is empty and doesn't do anything, but it needs to be loaded by Reaper in order to be accessible via an action.

Example:
Code:
Zone "Jogging_Init|"
    /fine:

ZoneEnd

Zone "Jogging"
    /fine:

Scrub   NoAction
ZoneEnd

Zone "Scrubbing"
    /coarse:

Scrub   Reaper "_RScbb38062b6b01d2f7ca64356849ca40bb20e0e8a" // Empty Action to show light
    Scrub   GoZone "Jogging"
ZoneEnd
This lights up the scrub button on my X Touch One when "scrubbing" zone is active and turns it back off when switching to "jogging".
Hmm im trying to understand what u have here.but im not getting it.Im not familiar with reascript. But would this work on any button light ? I think Geoff has button light control on his to do list. Ill just probably hold off for that.maybe if i had a better understanding of this ? If anyone wants to chime in to help me understand this hack ? Thanks though much appreciated
Old 05-25-2020, 09:23 AM   #9312
Funkybot

Quote:
So the script is just a dummy action that will report the state to CSI? So it tells CSI "action is running" which basically equals "toggle on," then when it's not running it says "action is not running" which basically equals "toggle off" for CSI? That's pretty clever.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:13 AM   #9313
phillippeo

Default G2 Firmware

Quote:
Glad you've made some headway. When you're all done zip them both up and post the files here so Geoff can include them in future builds.
Hi All,

Just a quick update, I got an email back from iCon saying they have raised a ticket and are looking in to the firmware for the G2 as I think it is likely that it needs updating before it will get close to the Pro X in terms of integration with Reaper.

Whilst mine is going back, I'm also going to be heading down the hybrid route of DAW independent/ DAW control with a Behringer x-touch one for the DAW and the Softube Fader 1 to go with my Console 1. I'm hoping this will give a pretty trouble free solution so I can concentrate on the music again (much as I love a good tinker with coding)
Old 05-25-2020, 10:38 AM   #9314
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajac View Post
Hi, I have a question about integrating old digital mixer (Yamaha Pro Mix 01).

Fader7Bit B0 00 7f
FB_Fader7Bit B0 00 7f

This is what I did in the mst file for a single fader test. Changing fader position with a mouse is reflected on the control surface which is great but when I try to move the actual fader on the mixer it looks like the motor is working against me. Is this normal or maybe something can be done to make it usable?
I had a quick look for a midi spec for this unit but couldn't find one, do you have access to a programming guide for this, might have to send some SysEx to get it to "let go"
Old 05-25-2020, 10:39 AM   #9315
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

Example:
Code:
Zone "Jogging_Init|"
    /fine:

ZoneEnd

Zone "Jogging"
    /fine:

Scrub   NoAction
ZoneEnd

Zone "Scrubbing"
    /coarse:

Scrub   GoZone "Jogging"
ZoneEnd
You guys are just so damn clever
Old 05-25-2020, 10:42 AM   #9316
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by kram0 View Post
Hi Geoff
I realised that when I duplicated the widget entry as per below I'm losing some most of the "Rotary1" data (as it mostly sends 3f or 41).
Code:
Widget LayerB_Rotary1
	EncoderPlainReverse b0 72 40
WidgetEnd
Widget LayerB_RotaryL1
	Press b0 72 3f
WidgetEnd
Widget LayerB_RotaryR1
	Press b0 72 41
WidgetEnd
I obviously don't want both widgets assigned in the same zone. For the mixer controls I want to use RotaryL1/R1, but for FX zones I want the encoder.

Is there any chance allowing duplicate widget matches could be enabled/supported in the code?
Would you consider support for positive encoder signals to send one command while negative send a different command?
Is there another way that I would be better off achieving this?

Thanks
Matt
Had a quick look at the code, I THINK all 3 of those should be available in the same Zone -- try it
Old 05-25-2020, 10:47 AM   #9317
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

Thanks, much appreciated !
Old 05-25-2020, 10:49 AM   #9318
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Hmm im trying to understand what u have here.but im not getting it.Im not familiar with reascript. But would this work on any button light ? I think Geoff has button light control on his to do list. Ill just probably hold off for that.maybe if i had a better understanding of this ? If anyone wants to chime in to help me understand this hack ? Thanks though much appreciated
I think this eliminates the need for a button light control, it allows total control of the lights by you, if I understand it correctly
Old 05-25-2020, 11:27 AM   #9319
Zajac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I had a quick look for a midi spec for this unit but couldn't find one, do you have access to a programming guide for this, might have to send some SysEx to get it to "let go"
http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Docu...o/promix01.pdf

Starts at page 127. I just found it, but I don't know if it helps. And if sending SysEx is the answer then how can I do it?
Zajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:42 AM   #9320
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajac View Post
http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Docu...o/promix01.pdf

Starts at page 127. I just found it, but I don't know if it helps. And if sending SysEx is the answer then how can I do it?
Had a quick look, didn't see anything obvious -- do all the other buttons/displays, etc., work ?

How hard is the resistance when you push the fader ?

Sometimes faders with feedback are a tiny bit "sticky", but it should be a very mild sensation.

if SysEx is needed I'll have to code something.