Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 01-04-2020, 03:53 AM   #1
RichardLederer
Human being with feelings

Default "Channel settings" for each selected track like in cubase.

I have only switched from Cubase to Reaper since a few days and I am already completely convinced of Reaper. Nevertheless, I always notice little things that I miss in Reaper, such as the "Channel setting" window in Cubase, which shows all relevant information (such as insert effects and sends) for the currently selected track.

I was able to approach this by checking in the settings "Only allow one Fx chain window open at a time" and "Open track FX window on track selection change". However, the send-controls are of course missing in this window, which does not make things as clear as in the cubase "channels settings" window. Is there a solution for this?
RichardLederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:46 AM   #2
Stella645

Not really equivalent of that Window (which always annoyed me when I used Cubase tbh) but maybe you would find some use in docking mixer to left and making it only a single channel width in a Cubase inspector style. This gives instant access to the inserts sends, fader, pan etc for selected track.

Of course you can save this screenset along with other options so it's easy to use function keys to flip between this docked single channel mixer and full mixer or split screen arrange/mixer for example.
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:41 AM   #3
RichardLederer

Thanks for the tip. I already use screensets with shortcuts quite intensively. But I don't think it works for the described usecase. It's about using the arrow keys on the mixer to select the different tracks and immediately (without additional clicks) want to see the details of the selected tracks. I don't want to click the FX insert every time I want to see the EQ curve and edit it. I know that now in Reaper you can also see the EQ curves in the mix track, but it is too small for me to use, and if I make all tracks bigger it takes up too much space.
RichardLederer is offline   Reply With Quote