Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Video Editing/Mangling

Old 04-03-2020, 08:45 AM   #1
daniellumertz
Human being with feelings

Default Disable The video ( Not rendering to audio )

Hello!!!

I'm in a situation where I'm editing an music and will need to make an video after.
For me would be very good if the video that are with the audio clips I am working continue associated with them as I can, on the final of the project export it and then edit it on other video editor. So to this pois its all ok but as the video files are a little heavy ( was recorded in an high resolution in 60fps) I would like to know If I can disable the video and it not drain process. Then after I work what I need with the audio files I enable them again! Thankssss!!!!
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #2
FixItInPost

I hope I have understood your question correctly - you are wanting to "mute" or "ignore" the video part of the files you are working with and you just want to use the audio from those files. I don't think this is possible within REAPER.

I would suggest exporting (Render) the audio for each video clip as .WAV files. This can be done inside REAPER.

Then import the audio files back into REAPER and line up (synchronise) each audio file to its video track on the timeline and then mute the video track.

When the video track is muted the data from the video files is not read from the hard drive and not decoded - this will free up the CPU. If you do need to see what is happening in the video you can un-mute the video track.

I hope this is what you were looking for.
FixItInPost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:49 AM   #3
daniellumertz

Hi, this is a cool work around! Thx for sharing. Other way could be made some action to after the video render in wav it can be replaced back with the video file and the start point it is being used. The ability to disable just the video would be very handy, especially to do videos like https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...uang+household where there are a lot of videos and you want to work in the music withou having to look at videos. I don't doubt it will be implemented in later versions THX!!!!
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote