Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-02-2021, 06:24 PM   #401
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
UPDATE:
Never mind. Found it. Action:
Control surface: Refresh all surfaces.

(glad that's there.)
Is that working again? It used to work, then stopped around the time CSI went 1.0. If that's back to working that will be a big time saver.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:28 PM   #402
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Is that working again? It used to work, then stopped around the time CSI went 1.0. If that's back to working that will be a big time saver.
It just worked for me. Man, that will save me time creating the Zone files.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:54 PM   #403
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Can confirm. I guess I should have said something, my apologies! It's been at least a few weeks since running that action actually resets CSI.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:09 AM   #404
Gass n Klang

Some questions:

1) I'd like to see channel volume when touching and moving a fader. How to achieve that? atm the display always shows panning. My fader widgets look this way:

Quote:
Widget Fader1
Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
FB_Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
Touch 90 68 7f 90 68 00
WidgetEnd
Do I need a separate widget for the touch parameter to make it work?

2) Unnamed tracks are shown as "Track 1[...]" in my display. Is it possible to just show the number instead? Problem: There isn't enough space on my Qcon displays. So "Track 12" is abbreviated to "Track 1" (last number is missing)

3) I didn't really understand how jumping between zones work. E.g: "Send" zone. How do I set this up? Do I need a "GoZone Send" command or do I use "MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets"? How do I come back to my Home Zone. Do I need to copy a "GoZone Home" command to the Send zone? Sorry, CSI total beginner here. I'm lost.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:11 AM   #405
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
Some questions:

1) I'd like to see channel volume when touching and moving a fader. How to achieve that? atm the display always shows panning. My fader widgets look this way:

Do I need a separate widget for the touch parameter to make it work?

2) Unnamed tracks are shown as "Track 1[...]" in my display. Is it possible to just show the number instead? Problem: There isn't enough space on my Qcon displays. So "Track 12" is abbreviated to "Track 1" (last number is missing)

3) I didn't really understand how jumping between zones work. E.g: "Send" zone. How do I set this up? Do I need a "GoZone Send" command or do I use "MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets"? How do I come back to my Home Zone. Do I need to copy a "GoZone Home" command to the Send zone? Sorry, CSI total beginner here. I'm lost.
1. That functionality was dropped before the 1.0 builds but is expected to be reintroduced at some point in the future. For now it’s one or the other.

2. CSI just sends what Reaper reports. Reaper reports “Track 12” and that’s exactly what CSI will display. Geoff’s philosphoy with CSI is to let the extension get out of the way as much as possible. The better solution is: name your tracks.

3. Sends are a little unique in that they don’t require a GoZone Send. You have two options for sends: you can assign MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets to a button to turn Sends on, and use the GoZone Home to turn them off. Or if you wanted to hard-code your sends and have them on as soon as you select a track you can use a Virtual Widget like OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets instead to activate the Sends widgets.

As long as you have a GoZone Home that’s not being overwritten in another zone, that should always get you back where you started. You shouldn’t need it in both zones.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:42 AM   #406
Gass n Klang

Thanks a lot, this makes everything much clearer.

Four more things:
1) What does synch pages do exactly? I don't see any difference.
2) I've got 9 tracks: Track 1 sends to Track 2. If I go to MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets mode, fader #9 controls my send. So far so good. But why does Rotary Knob of my controller channel #9 controls the panning of track 9 instead the send panning of track 1 to track 2?
3) As soon as I'm in MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets mode, my bank buttons don't work.
4) I've got an extender. E.g I've got 16 tracks and go to MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets mode. I then see the first 8 channels on my extender and 8 sends on my main controller. How to get to channels 9-16?

Last edited by Gass n Klang; 01-03-2021 at 12:07 PM.
Gass n Klang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:24 AM   #407
andyp24

OK this is probably REALLY obvious... and I'm sure I've read it somewhere, but I can't figure out what I need to do.

I've got the Console 1 set up as my "FX" controller, alongside an X Touch as a channel controller.

What I've done so far is use a SelectedTrackNavigator to map the most common parameters for my "stock FX" eg EQ, compressor onto the Console 1 knobs, following what they are labelled on the unit itself. So, the EQ and Compressor sections control the relevant parameters for those FX on the selected channel, but also the Pan and Volume knobs control the Track Pan and Volume (rather than anything within the plugins)

However, sometimes I want to map more controls to a particular FX, so that for example the Volume knob controls the output gain of an EQ, instead of the Track Volume.

For this I think I need to use a FocusedFXNavigator so that I can "overwrite" knobs on the surface with a function specific to the FX in focus.

My question is: how do I actually FOCUS a particular FX in Reaper via the surface? So, for example, if I have a Track which has an EQ and a compressor on it... I can select the Track using the X Touch, but then what command will actually make the EQ the Focused FX?

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I can't see a Reaper action to "Focus first FX slot on selected track", or "Focus next FX slot on selected track" etc

Andy
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:50 AM   #408
cjewellstudios

I'd like to hear more about this too, Andy.

Last night I tried MixMonkeys C4 template which is based on selectedtracknavigator and it utilizes the fx menu which I just hadn't considered previously. I've always wondered how the selected track workflow doesn't get confusing to be honest.

You can focus an fx by clicking on the gui, or floating it in some manner also focuses it.

I use this script called lbx fx positioner to pop my fx up in the same place every time and there's an option in that script that also focuses the plugin.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:00 AM   #409
andyp24

Thanks - I also want to float the GUI at the same time, so that script sounds like a good bet... where did you find it? (I'm not sure it's in ReaPack)

I'm trying to avoid clicking on the GUI to focus FX, as I'd rather do as much as possible from the Hardware surface
Old 01-04-2021, 05:25 AM   #410
cjewellstudios

It's not in Reapack.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=199400

To focus the plugins, you have to right click a button (I forget which one, sorry!) on the setup script and uncheck the focus arrange option.

With lb0's guidance, I made a bunch of scripts from this script that go to a specific fx slot that I can share. Install this and see if it works for you and then let me know if you want the specific fx slot versions.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:25 AM   #411
andyp24

Hi everyone

I suspect from what Geoff has said previously that the answer to this is "no", but just checking....

On the Console 1, is it possible to over-ride the "on/off" LEDs completely so that they don't light up at all?

I want to map one button to a function to cycle through and float all the FX for a track in turn (so a single on/off light is meaningless) and then another button to close all floating FX (so again, no need for a light).

I figure somehow since we can Invert them when necessary, it must be possible to control them completely, but maybe not.

Thanks
Andy
Old 01-04-2021, 10:42 AM   #412
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Hi everyone

I suspect from what Geoff has said previously that the answer to this is "no", but just checking....

On the Console 1, is it possible to over-ride the "on/off" LEDs completely so that they don't light up at all?

I want to map one button to a function to cycle through and float all the FX for a track in turn (so a single on/off light is meaningless) and then another button to close all floating FX (so again, no need for a light).

I figure somehow since we can Invert them when necessary, it must be possible to control them completely, but maybe not.

Thanks
Andy
Do you never ever want the LED on? Like never? Under no circumstances at all?

If so, then you can probably just comment out the FB line in the .mst for that widget. I've done that with a few of the lights on the X-Touch One.

If you only want the light off based on what's happening in the zone, then I don't know of a way to shut it off temporarily. Maybe a "DisableFB" modifier could be possible in the future.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:50 AM   #413
andyp24

Hi

I've got stuck, and I'm not sure if what I'm trying to do is possible.

As described a few posts ago, I'd like to use the Console 1 to map the most common FX controls "permanently" for the selected track.

So, when track 1 is selected, the equalizer section controls an EQ plugin, the compressor section controls a compressor plugin etc, even if the FX are not floating/visible/focused.

Also, some controls on the surface (eg Vol/Pan) would control those parameters for the selected track.

BUT if I float/focus a particular FX, then I want more control over that specific plugin by re-mapping some of the controls. EG I might want to use the Volume control for the output volume of an EQ plugin instead of the track volume, or I might want to use the "Parallel Dry/Wet" knob on the surface (which is normally part of the compressor section) to control the wet/dry of a reverb instead.

What I THOUGHT I should do was make two copies of the Plugin Zone file (I called one "DMGEquilibrium6BandSelectedTrack.zon" and one "DMGEquilibrium6BandFocusedFX.zon")

But CSI throws up an error, saying I have duplicate Zone files (is this because both of them begin with the line - Zone "VST: EQuilibrium (DMGAudio)"?? )

So, how can I achieve what I want to, or is it not possible?

Thanks
Andy
Old 01-04-2021, 10:50 AM   #414
andyp24

Quote:
Do you never ever want the LED on? Like never? Under no circumstances at all?

If so, then you can probably just comment out the FB line in the .mst for that widget. I've done that with a few of the lights on the X-Touch One.

If you only want the light off based on what's happening in the zone, then I don't know of a way to shut it off temporarily. Maybe a "DisableFB" modifier could be possible in the future.
Yeah, never is good :-) I'll try it in the mst. Thanks

Andy

EDIT Hmm doesn't work. The LED still toggles when I press the button. I think this is what Geoff has complained about re: the Console 1 controlling the lights "itself" rather than being dumb. But how CSI can Invert them in that case is a mystery to me :-)

That Siniarch controller is looking more tempting.... :-/
Old 01-04-2021, 10:54 AM   #415
Funkybot

Quote:

Andy

EDIT Hmm doesn't work. The LED still toggles when I press the button. I think this is what Geoff has complained about re: the Console 1 controlling the lights "itself" rather than being dumb. But how CSI can Invert them in that case is a mystery to me :-)

Yeah, that sounds exactly like the Console1 is trying to be smarter than it should.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:58 AM   #416
Gass n Klang

Quote:
Four more things:
1) What does synch pages do exactly? I don't see any difference.
2) I've got 9 tracks: Track 1 sends to Track 2. If I go to MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets mode, fader #9 controls my send. So far so good. But why does Rotary Knob of my controller channel #9 controls the panning of track 9 instead the send panning of track 1 to track 2?
3) As soon as I'm in MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets mode, my bank buttons don't work.
4) I've got an extender. E.g I've got 16 tracks and go to MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets mode. I then see the first 8 channels on my extender and 8 sends on my main controller. How to get to channels 9-16?
Can anybody help me out with these things?
Old 01-04-2021, 11:05 AM   #417
Funkybot

Quote:
1) Hopefully someone else can answer.

2) Do you have the Rotary mapped to TrackSendPan in the Send Zone?

3) What zone are TrackBank buttons on, what widgets are you using for sends? For instance, the Send Navigator works on the selected track. If you're taking over Faders and Rotaries, then TrackBank doesn't change the selected track in Reaper so the Sends won't change. Might be what you're seeing. Would need to see your .zon or better understand your setup if that doesn't answer it.

4) Not sure about that one since CSI will see the extender as a second surface rather than one big surface. Geoff, would what you're proposing for offset work for this? Would a send offset be possible?

For .zon related questions, it's always helpful if you post the .zon contents in code brackets so we can take a look at it and make suggestions if that's where an issue is.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:31 AM   #418
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
1) Synch Pages causes banking on a Page that has Synch Pages enabled to also bank all other Pages that have Synch Pages enabled.

In other words the Pages bank in lock step, such that, if you switch Pages your are at the same place banking wise.

4) As @Funkybot suggests, that's a feature request, one that has been asked for previously.

If we decide to go ahead with the offset approach for TrackNavigators, we could likely do the same for the Sends Navigators.

As for the other questions -- what @Funkybot said
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:34 AM   #419
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

Andy

CSI can invert them because it sends a feedback message, and CSI has the capability of sending an inverted message, overriding Console 1.

Unfortunately, if you send no feedback, Console 1 starts to "think" on its own

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 01-04-2021 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:38 AM   #420
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi

As described a few posts ago, I'd like to use the Console 1 to map the most common FX controls "permanently" for the selected track.

So, when track 1 is selected, the equalizer section controls an EQ plugin, the compressor section controls a compressor plugin etc, even if the FX are not floating/visible/focused.

Also, some controls on the surface (eg Vol/Pan) would control those parameters for the selected track.

BUT if I float/focus a particular FX, then I want more control over that specific plugin by re-mapping some of the controls. EG I might want to use the Volume control for the output volume of an EQ plugin instead of the track volume, or I might want to use the "Parallel Dry/Wet" knob on the surface (which is normally part of the compressor section) to control the wet/dry of a reverb instead.

What I THOUGHT I should do was make two copies of the Plugin Zone file (I called one "DMGEquilibrium6BandSelectedTrack.zon" and one "DMGEquilibrium6BandFocusedFX.zon")

But CSI throws up an error, saying I have duplicate Zone files (is this because both of them begin with the line - Zone "VST: EQuilibrium (DMGAudio)"?? )

Thanks
Andy
Yeah, I think that's actually a feature request.

Maybe we need to split out Zones by Navigator type, so that you could have the kind of "duplicates" you need.

Will have to think about it a bit...
Old 01-04-2021, 02:08 PM   #421
Cragster

Quote:

Andy

Dont know if this will apply to your surface but I know on my surfaces when I comment out an FBTwoState so the light stays off permanently i have to shut down the actual surface for it to take effect. The lights dont always go out when I just refresh . Until I totally shut off and restart the surface itself does it go out
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:23 PM   #422
Nantho

Quote:
Hi

Thanks
Andy
Hi there !

I may have a workaround for you You should create an fxchain with a renamed instance of your plug-in, then you can create an fx zon file with the exact new name inside the file itself. This way, you can have two zon files for the "same" plug-in

Hope you'll understand what I mean, I'm on my phone right now so I can't post you an example. If you need further explanation, let me know
Nantho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:36 PM   #423
andyp24

Yes, I understand, although I'm not sure it'll work, as I need it to be the SAME INSTANCE of a plugin which maps differently to the surface depending on whether it's from Track Selection or Focused.

I will experiment though.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2021, 03:37 PM   #424
andyp24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Dont know if this will apply to your surface but I know on my surfaces when I comment out an FBTwoState so the light stays off permanently i have to shut down the actual surface for it to take effect. The lights dont always go out when I just refresh . Until I totally shut off and restart the surface itself does it go out
I'll give that a go, thanks.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:46 PM   #425
Gass n Klang

Quote:
3) What zone are TrackBank buttons on, what widgets are you using for sends? For instance, the Send Navigator works on the selected track. If you're taking over Faders and Rotaries, then TrackBank doesn't change the selected track in Reaper so the Sends won't change. Might be what you're seeing. Would need to see your .zon or better understand your setup if that doesn't answer it.
Thats the current state of my zon file:

Quote:
Zone Home
IncludedZones
"Buttons"
"Channel"
"MasterTrack"
IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons"
TimeDisplay TimeDisplay

Flip NoAction
BankLeft TrackBank "-8"
BankRight TrackBank "8"
ChannelLeft TrackBank "-1"
ChannelRight TrackBank "1"

nameValue GoZone Home
smpteBeats CycleTimeDisplayModes
Undo Reaper "40029"
Redo Reaper "40030"
Save Reaper "40026"

F1 NoAction
F2 NoAction
F3 NoAction
F4 NoAction
F5 NoAction
F6 NoAction
F7 NoAction
F8 NoAction
F1L2 NoAction
F2L2 NoAction
F3L2 NoAction
F4L2 NoAction
F5L2 NoAction
F6L2 NoAction
F7L2 NoAction
F8L2 NoAction

PageUp NoAction
PageDown NoAction
Pan NoAction
Inserts NoAction
EQ NoAction
FXSend MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets

Read Reaper "40401" //Channel Read
Write Reaper "40403" //Channel Write
Sends Reaper "40400" //Channel Trim
Project Reaper "40402" //Channel Touch
Mixer Reaper "40404" //Channel Latch
Motors Reaper "42023" //Set Channel automation mode to latch preview

Shift+Read GlobalAutoMode "1" // Global Read
Shift+Write GlobalAutoMode "3" // Global Write
Shift+Sends GlobalAutoMode "0" // Global Trim
Shift+Project GlobalAutoMode "2" // Global Touch
Shift+Mixer GlobalAutoMode "4" // Global Latch
Shift+Motors Reaper "42024" //Set global automation mode to latch preview

VST Control
Master Alt
Shift Shift
OtherLeft NoAction
OtherRight NoAction
OtherSolo NoAction
OtherLeftL2 NoAction
OtherRightL2 NoAction
OtherSoloL2 NoAction

Rewind Reaper "40172" //Go to next marker/project end
Loop CycleTimeline
FastForward Reaper "40173" //Go to previous marker/project start
Rec Record
Play Play
Stop Stop

Scrub Control

Up NoAction
Left NoAction
Zoom NoAction
Right NoAction
Down NoAction
Zoom ForceScrollLink
JogWheelRotaryCW Reaper "40647" //Move cursor right to grid division
JogWheelRotaryCCW Reaper "40646" //Move cursor left to grid division

ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
TrackNavigator
DisplayUpper| TrackNameDisplay
DisplayLower| MCUTrackPanDisplay Rotary|
RotaryPush| NoAction
Rotary| MCUTrackPan
RecordArm| TrackRecordArm
Solo| TrackSolo
Mute| TrackMute
Select| TrackUniqueSelect
Hold+Select| TrackUniqueSelect
Hold+Select| Reaper "41665" //Show/hide children of selected tracks
Shift+Select| TrackRangeSelect
Control+Select| TrackSelect
Shift+Control+Select| TogglePin
Fader| TrackVolume
VUMeter| TrackOutputMeter
ZoneEnd

Zone "MasterTrack"
MasterTrackNavigator
MasterFader TrackVolume
Control+MasterFader FocusedFXParam
ZoneEnd

Zone "Send"
SendNavigator
DisplayUpper| TrackSendNameDisplay
DisplayLower| TrackSendVolumeDisplay
Mute| TrackSendMute
Fader| TrackSendVolume
Rotary| TrackSendPan
ZoneEnd

Zone "FXMenu"
FXMenuNavigator
DisplayUpper| FXMenuNameDisplay
DisplayLower| NoAction
Rotary| NoAction
RotaryPush| GoFXSlot
ZoneEnd
Old 01-04-2021, 03:57 PM   #426
Nantho

Quote:
Yes, I understand, although I'm not sure it'll work, as I need it to be the SAME INSTANCE of a plugin which maps differently to the surface depending on whether it's from Track Selection or Focused.

I will experiment though.

Thanks
My bad, I misread your first post and you're right, it won't work for the same instance of a plug-in.
Nantho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:22 AM   #427
Cragster

Hi all
Just wanted to ask if the old TrackTouch/FaderTouch way still works with the new V1.0? I'd really love to have that back. Am I correct in thinking that the new touch syntax in the mst (that extra line for touch that's with each fader in the V1.0 mst is mainly for automation?)
Now obviously I need that as I use touch automation alot so I was thinking if I setup a separate CSI page that has the new for automation and a page that has the old TrackTouch+DisplayUpper/Lower etc way then I can use both ?
Im realizing how much I miss having that extra display ability with the TrackTouch(old way) stuff.
Just wanted to make sure that still works doing the old way with V1.0 before I go all through making and setting up this change and new page.
Just want to see volume and whatever wen I touch the fader and I use it a ton with plugins to identify what control I have mapped to that param.
In the flow of mixing I'm always grabbing a fader wen it's a rotary or push or vice versa.
I dont know I just really miss it.
Thanks all
Old 01-05-2021, 01:07 PM   #428
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi all
Just wanted to ask if the old TrackTouch/FaderTouch way still works with the new V1.0? I'd really love to have that back. Am I correct in thinking that the new touch syntax in the mst (that extra line for touch that's with each fader in the V1.0 mst is mainly for automation?)
Now obviously I need that as I use touch automation alot so I was thinking if I setup a separate CSI page that has the new for automation and a page that has the old TrackTouch+DisplayUpper/Lower etc way then I can use both ?
Im realizing how much I miss having that extra display ability with the TrackTouch(old way) stuff.
Just wanted to make sure that still works doing the old way with V1.0 before I go all through making and setting up this change and new page.
Just want to see volume and whatever wen I touch the fader and I use it a ton with plugins to identify what control I have mapped to that param.
In the flow of mixing I'm always grabbing a fader wen it's a rotary or push or vice versa.
I dont know I just really miss it.
Thanks all
Touch is now reserved for automation.

There will be a new feature called Takeover that will display, for instance, Track volume when it is changed, it will hold for a second or so, then revert back to whatever was originally displayed.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:30 PM   #429
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Touch is now reserved for automation.

There will be a new feature called Takeover that will display, for instance, Track volume when it is changed, it will hold for a second or so, then revert back to whatever was originally displayed.
Ok cool thank you. I will wait for that. Will it work together with say FixedTextDisplay ? For example..
Code:
Takeover+Displaylower1 FixedTextDisplay "sometext"
Or something to that effect. That would be perfect for me
Old 01-05-2021, 01:54 PM   #430
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Ok cool thank you. I will wait for that. Will it work together with say FixedTextDisplay ? For example..
Code:
Takeover+Displaylower1 FixedTextDisplay "sometext"
Or something to that effect. That would be perfect for me
Not quite sure what you mean there.

Here is a typical usage -- once the feature is coded:

Code:
    DisplayLower1 TrackNameDisplay

Takeover+DisplayLower1 TrackVolumeDisplay
When the volume changes TrackVolumeDisplay will temporarily takeover DisplayLower1, then DisplayLower1 will revert to TrackNameDisplay.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:18 PM   #431
Cragster

In the old way I used tracktouch alot for extra display ability. For control identification . What I mean is say I have a plugin with all 8 channels and modifiers each mapped to a different param. Depending on the param sometimes the fader is a better choice then the rotary to control that param. Or the rotary seems to be better. Or turning the rotary for steps works better then push. Etc etc. So I have all these params mapped to different controls and I used the tracktouch to identify what control is used on that param.
Basically used it as a 3rd display for whatever info I wanted to also be displayed. So I had DisplayUpper, DisplayLower and TrackTouch.
Can never have enough display.i know its probly something that sounds very newbie but that 3rd display ability helped me out greatly
Old 01-05-2021, 02:32 PM   #432
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
In the old way I used tracktouch alot for extra display ability. For control identification . What I mean is say I have a plugin with all 8 channels and modifiers each mapped to a different param. Depending on the param sometimes the fader is a better choice then the rotary to control that param. Or the rotary seems to be better. Or turning the rotary for steps works better then push. Etc etc. So I have all these params mapped to different controls and I used the tracktouch to identify what control is used on that param.
Basically used it as a 3rd display for whatever info I wanted to also be displayed. So I had DisplayUpper, DisplayLower and TrackTouch.
Can never have enough display.i know its probly something that sounds very newbie but that 3rd display ability helped me out greatly
Unfortunately, we will lose that functionality.

I understand your use case, but I think the community as a whole needs the improved automation behaviour that the new method provides.

The tricky bit about your use case is it is very difficult to touch the fader without adjusting it mistakenly.

So there is no easy way out here.

Maybe we can add a feature that could display the values with the push of a button, just like the previous TrackTouch behaviour.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:42 PM   #433
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Unfortunately, we will lose that functionality.

I understand your use case, but I think the community as a whole needs the improved automation behaviour that the new method provides.

The tricky bit about your use case is it is very difficult to touch the fader without adjusting it mistakenly.

So there is no easy way out here.

Maybe we can add a feature that could display the values with the push of a button, just like the previous TrackTouch behaviour.
Hey no worries Geoff. It's all good . I can do without. I was just hoping it would kinda be the same as tracktouch and yes definitely the automation behavior first. I use touch automation in every project.
If a button can be made to act similarly that would be great. But I know you have much more important CSI features to work on so no worries.
Thanks for your replies and help on this. I really appreciate
Old 01-05-2021, 02:46 PM   #434
siniarch

Quote:
How do you have your MST and Zone files defined now for fader and fader touch?
Old 01-05-2021, 02:57 PM   #435
Cragster

Quote:
How do you have your MST and Zone files defined now for fader and fader touch?
I don't have the track touch and fader touch in my files anymore. That was the old way and I used it as a third display ability. I still have those old files saved which is why I was wondering if it would work with the new version 1.0. Maybe set up two pages one the old way 4 extra FX display ability and then a page the new way for touch automation. It really did come in handy for identification purposes for things and Jeff said it is hard the touch the fader without moving it but I would pretty much use it wow I was mixing before the faders were set where I wanted them to be. It would just be a way to have some extra info on the display identification things and whatever
Old 01-05-2021, 02:58 PM   #436
siniarch

Quote:
I don't have the track touch and fader touch in my files anymore. That was the old way and I used it as a third display ability. I still have those old files saved which is why I was wondering if it would work with the new version 1.0. Maybe set up two pages one the old way 4 extra FX display ability and then a page the new way for touch automation. It really did come in handy for identification purposes for things and Jeff said it is hard the touch the fader without moving it but I would pretty much use it wow I was mixing before the faders were set where I wanted them to be. It would just be a way to have some extra info on the display identification things and whatever
so, how is the new version set up? I guess that's my question? How is the MST file setup for touch and the Zone file?
Old 01-05-2021, 02:59 PM   #437
Cragster

Sorry if that reply came out all jumbled I'm using voice text on my phone right now
Old 01-05-2021, 03:01 PM   #438
Cragster

Quote:
so, how is the new version set up? I guess that's my question? How is the MST file setup for touch and the Zone file?
Touch now is set up strictly for automation in the new version I'm not at my computer right now so I can't post any examples
Old 01-05-2021, 06:17 PM   #439
siniarch

Quote:
Touch now is set up strictly for automation in the new version I'm not at my computer right now so I can't post any examples
The reason why I'm asking is because I have this on my MST file:

Code:
Widget RotaryTouchA1
	Press 80 01 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryReleaseA1
	Press 80 01 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryA1
	Encoder b0 01 7f
WidgetEnd
and this on my ZONE file:

Code:
	RotaryB|	MCUTrackPan		// MCUTrackPan allows encoder to control Pan, Pan Width, PanL, and PanR
	RotaryTouchB|	TrackUniqueSelect
	RotaryTouchB|	Reaper 40505		// Track: Select last touched track
	RotaryTouchB|	Reaper 41696		// Layout: Apply custom layout #01
	RotaryTouchB|	Reaper 41698		// Layout: Apply custom layout #03
	RotaryReleaseB|TrackUniqueSelect
	RotaryReleaseB|Reaper 41697		// Layout: Apply custom layout #02
	RotaryReleaseB|Reaper 41699		// Layout: Apply custom layout #04
	RotaryPushB|	MCUTrackPan [ 0.5 ]
And I'm able to use my RotaryTouch to call out an action. Now perhaps you guys are talking about something different, but just wanted to know.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:20 PM   #440
Cragster

Oh ok got ya. I was talking about the old TrackTouch. when you touch a fader(on surfaces that support fader touch of course) the display changes to whatever you have mapped in your zone eg.. track volume or in my case a FixedTextDisplay.I think maybe your referring to rotary push ? but anyhow the TrackTouch/FaderTouch actions were taken out in V1.0 in favor of a new touch specifically for automation.
But im thinking you know that and maybe thought was something else

This would be an old example of what im referring to
Code:
     DisplayLower2 FXParamNameDisplay 102 "Gain2"                      
     DisplayUpper2 FixedTextDisplay "Fader"
     TrackTouch+DisplayUpper2 FXParamValueDisplay 102
     Fader2 FXParam 102
     TrackTouch+Fader2 FXParam 102
     FaderTouch2 TrackTouch
With this being the new
Code:
Widget Fader1
	Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
     Touch 90 68 7f 90 68 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader2
	Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
     Touch 90 69 7f 90 69 00
WidgetEnd
CSI V1.0 just uses touch in the mst along with the faders for automation.I was interested in knowing if that old way still worked in the new 1.0 CSI.And i was thinking bout making seperate pages and trying to have both actually. I like having that extra display